IGNORED

What do you think of Fox network coverage?

Bucki1968
Note: This thread is 2492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Holly used to be one of the hottest women around. Now with all her surgery she just looks like another divorced Scottsdale skank with goofy eye and botox face. Now sure why she messed with a good thing.

Trollin' is the life

40 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Holly used to be one of the hottest women around. Now with all her surgery she just looks like another divorced Scottsdale skank with goofy eye and botox face. Now sure why she messed with a good thing.

Dude - this type of talk isn't welcome here. This forum includes kids, women, and men who like to live in the 21st century.

Edited by chspeed
  • Upvote 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

While I thought that the announcers were below average, I thought that the technical presentation was far above average.  But does anyone notice the sound delay from the shot tracer overlay?  It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to sync the picture and sound for the broadcast.

Overall, I was happy with the telecast. I think Fox has tightened it up significantly from their earlier efforts.

Some of the technical stuff bothered me. Whoever Fox uses for their shot tracker, or whatever they call it, needs to step up their game. NBC's "Shot Tracer", I think it's called, is much more accurate, but you only get it on two holes! One a par 3, and one where the players use a Driver. There were some funny looking bends in the shot tracks on Fox.

I had some sound issues as well, but I've had the same with both NBC and CBS broadcasts. It makes me wonder where they place some of their mikes, and why they don't seem to have the capability of damping them when needed. The droning plane was explained by Joe Buck. It was not Fox's aircraft. It was a light airplane from a local field towing an advertising banner. And it towed that banner around ALL DAY LONG! I don't even know why Buck needed to explain it since I caught sight of the damned thing on the screen! Made me wish that someone in the USGA had a SAM and could blow the sucker out of the sky!

Someone earlier commented about Fox "backloading" commercials, which can be expected. On Sunday, it seemed to me that they frontloaded them! But, once the leaders were on the course, they stuck with action pretty heavily. Good for them.

There are pluses and minuses, but overall I had no problem with Fox's coverage.

I like Azinger but a few things bother me.  Theres like 2 or 3 things that he has to constantly talk about (such as "well Joe the great players control their breathing just look at them SUCKING IN SOME AIR") I mean omg every putt shown he has to talk about breathing breathing breathing.  Then, he always seems to say over every shot "this part of __________'s game is his strongest, by far his strength" (said player always then proceeds to hit a TERRIBLE shot lol).  He also seems to say that about every shot of every player whether they're driving the ball, hitting a wedge, bunker shot lol, if they're hitting that particular kind of shot at that time that is their biggest strength lol.  I like Azinger but just some stuff from him bugs me.  Buck was actually fine though I much prefer CBS, Finch, Faldo, Kostis and McCord please.  And I can't believe people don't like the swing analysis part of CBS's coverage, I love BizHub Swing Vision segments!  It's not like it takes up much time, and it's a poor argument to say "less features more golf" when they do it like once per day, lame excuse

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I don't care for Azinger, can't stand Curtis Strange, Holly Sonders, so she looks great, she's not a good interviewer, boring. Buck makes me wish for Dan Hicks or Tirico, that's how bad Buck is. Not crazy about the rest of the crew other than Brown and Faxon. I watched while listening to podcasts.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Curtis Strange knows his stuff but I have never liked Azinger, either his presentation or his information. Buck is great at baseball, enough said about that. Holly Sonders looks like a Kardashian cartoon. I do like their graphics.

Gimme Johnny Miller.

Bill M

Fox needs to find the right formula which includes analysts and prep. They are at a huge disadvantage when the USGA goes to Chambers Bay and Erin Hills. Next year the open is at Shinny which should help. They need Pavin and other past champions from Shinny to serve as analysts. 

I thought the coverage was okay.   A lot better than previous years. 

I would prefer no on-course microphones to hearing a plane droning incessantly.  We'd lose the sound of the club hitting the ball, or the caddie talking to the player, but it's just not worth that droning plane.  They need to do something about that next year.   Get the local authorities to close the air space or something. 

Also, I like it when the little pop-up graphic in the lower right corner shows the distance to the hole.   Other channels have that.  

I have always thought Holly Sonders is just too darn distracting.  All that makeup and those super tight clothes.  When she's on screen, my mind is on her.  I can't pay attention to anything else.  And what was with that massive pile of hair she had this year?  Was that all her hair?  

10 minutes ago, Billsy said:

Fox needs to find the right formula which includes analysts and prep. They are at a huge disadvantage when the USGA goes to Chambers Bay and Erin Hills. Next year the open is at Shinny which should help. They need Pavin and other past champions from Shinny to serve as analysts. 

Would be interesting to see if and when Tiger becomes an announcer. Most likely not full time, but he may dabble in it. I think he would be very good at Shinnecock. He played there in the two US Opens, although didn't have stellar results (WD in '95 and T17 in '04).

Edited by chspeed

On 6/19/2017 at 4:59 PM, chspeed said:

Dude - this type of talk isn't welcome here. This forum includes kids, women, and men who like to live in the 21st century.

What did I say that is so wrong? She has done so much plastic surgery is is disgusting. Butt implant, breast(I'm being politically correct) implant, botox and lip injections. She was beautiful before now she just looks like an old lady who is addicted to surgery. 

Yes it is just my opinion but I'd bet you many would agree with me on what she has done and that she shouldn't have messed with a good thing.

As far as kid comment, I would hate for you to see what these kids these days have access to on their phones via Instagram and social media if what I said offended you.

Edited by MuniGrit
  • Upvote 1

Trollin' is the life

I thought the coverage was okay and I'm not a particular fan of Joe Buck. But he was okay. Zinger was okay until he started repeating his comments. He needs fresh material. I like Juli Inkster and liked the fact that Azinger recognized her as a 7 time Major winner when he asked for her comments. Curtis was better than expected.

I really liked the Brownie Points segment because it gave a up close look at the holes that we really can't see from the cameras during play. Golf Channel does this sometimes.

They did have some issues with the shot tracker at times.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 6/19/2017 at 6:06 AM, jamo said:

I thought it was fine. Just fine. Nothing jumped out at me as particularly great or particularly bad.

This was my thought. It wasn't great and it wasn't horrible. It did what it needed to do.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

36 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

What did I say that is so wrong?

Besides the fact that your comment has nothing to do with golf or Fox's coverage, using derogatory terms to describe women because you don't like the way they look isn't something I want, or would want my wife or kids to read here. In truth, though, I speak for myself, not the forum at large.

On 6/19/2017 at 6:06 AM, jamo said:

I thought it was fine. Just fine. Nothing jumped out at me as particularly great or particularly bad.

Mostly agree, except a couple of minor things that did jump out at me on both sides:

Good:

• Love the extended use of tracer features, not just on one or two designated tee boxes like we normally see.
  • Especially love the split screen shot with the graphic on the right showing the ball travel path.  I wish that would become the norm for all par 4 and 5 tee shots on telecasts.

Bad:

• Azinger bugged me a few times, specifically when he went on his "I/we" rant.  To me, from an ex-player, that comes across as really arrogant and insecure.  Almost like he thinks that JT and Rickie and Jordan are implying that since they are part of a team, he must have been as well.  But he obviously doesn't feel that way,  so I guess he must think that it might diminish his accomplishments or something.  I dunno.  It was weird.
  • The guy giving the course insights was cool and informative, but ... a basketball???  Seriously?  How is that at all indicative of how a golf ball might behave?

And that's pretty much it.  Everything else was perfectly adequate.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Bad:

• Azinger bugged me a few times, specifically when he went on his "I/we" rant.  To me, from an ex-player, that comes across as really arrogant and insecure.  Almost like he thinks that JT and Rickie and Jordan are implying that since they are part of a team, he must have been as well.  But he obviously doesn't feel that way,  so I guess he must think that it might diminish his accomplishments or something.  I dunno.  It was weird.
  • The guy giving the course insights was cool and informative, but ... a basketball???  Seriously?  How is that at all indicative of how a golf ball might behave?

I thought the basketball was fine, and obviously the point was to show how a ball would roll while still being VISIBLE more than a golf ball might be on screen.

And I also didn't like how often Azinger kept referring to the Ryder Cup. We know, dude, give it up. The U.S. team won last time, too.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, chspeed said:

Besides the fact that your comment has nothing to do with golf or Fox's coverage, using derogatory terms to describe women because you don't like the way they look isn't something I want, or would want my wife or kids to read here. In truth, though, I speak for myself, not the forum at large.

Uh, Holly Sonders WAS part of Fox's coverage of the US Open! Although I can't recall seeing her a single time on Sunday. Maybe I missed her when I got up to pee. Oh! I'm so sorry! That might not be something you'd want your wife or children to read. We don't pee around here! Nor do we get plastic surgery and/or implants!

I have to admit that Holly was starting to look a bit bizarre this year. Things are getting out of proportion. I have to think that all her clothing has to be custom made because nothing off the rack would come close to fitting her!

• Upvote 1

I thought Fox improved their coverage, compared to Chambers Bay - but after that fiasco, the bar was low. I hope they continue to up their game.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 2492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!