IGNORED

I've created a way to build a golf swing!!!!!

Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not every golf swing needs to be the same but there are elements that are the same for almost every good golfer. Building a swing with five simple keys "5sk" is the simple approach that is already out there.  All this work has already been done, look up 5sk. 

It would really help you if you get to inline impact (one of the five simple keys) with your arms extended.  To get the feel practice punch shots with an abbreviated follow through with your arms and club extended and pointed to the target.

You won't find any flippers among the pros.

Like Jim Furyk (who does have all five of the simple keys) as does pretty much every good golfer.  It's remarkable that you've gotten to an 8 with all the compensations and timing required in your swing.

Jim Furyk full swing, notice that a straight line can be drawn from his left elbow and straight down the club, that's inline at impact.

JF1.PNG

JF2.PNG

Edited by No Mulligans

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Yes it's the absence of force. Force wants to go in a straight line as I'm sure you know. True it's not, not accelerating. In a golf swing it's stabilizing, allowing me to push down my eyeline with ease and release the club. It does seem real but I've determined that that feeling is stability. Our bodies get ready for motion and to stop it as well. In this moment of stabilization (that stackman helps decide where that is) you can send the club down you eyeline, that can be changed every shot. 

Thanks I'm bringing more details and visual.  The exact way I do it isn't important but it's a map. 

I agree

Traditional fundamentals never change. The greats hitting hickory had different fundamental s. They had to build it. No cameras, no Trackman. 

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

I'm curious.  Given what you're trying to do here, can you give us some insight to your overall golf experience/resume?

Experience is playing and tired of inconsistency. Resume, I work for a living.golf is my hobby. I enjoy it and getting better. I do have a degree in exercise science so yes I know motion and anatomy. Thanks 

1 hour ago, TN94z said:

Out of curiosity, what part of TN are you from JoeB?

Murfreesboro, Smyrna area

34 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Traditional fundamentals never change. The greats hitting hickory had different fundamental s. They had to build it. No cameras, no Trackman. 

Trackman puts numbers to a swing. This gives credibility to your "claims". I kinda want that. Hickory or not, the measurements don't lie.

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

40 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

When you set up to the ball do you jump into it like you show in this video?

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

13 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Of course!! LOL.

I'm definitely gonna do that on the first tee the next I'm playing with my buddies

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

9 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I'm definitely gonna do that on the first tee the next I'm playing with my buddies

combine that with Goat Humping and you've a winner!

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator
5 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

The rest just want to tell me why I can't do what I say I can.

I don't really take it that way.

My own post shows how little you're "stabilizing" anything through the impact zone. It shows a ball position that you keep moving back in your stance because you're flipping at the ball a bit.

I'll spend rest of time explaining. If you have a legitimate question by all means ask. If it a question that's trying to demean what I'm doing, keep it to yourself.

Who gets to decide that? You?

I'm not sure what u consider stable…

Not this:

4 hours ago, Grinde6 said:

594af952200c8_Stackman_PNG_e052eae9c20179b076c3fd93303a2bce.png

As far as Trackman, I've studied how the data is found and used to make good shots.

Trackman doesn't tell you "how to make good shots." It's doppler radar, and I understand scientifically how Trackman and Flightscope work. They give you data. They don't tell you how you achieved that result. They don't tell you anything about your eye-line, or how "stable" something is, or where your weight is… Those things can't see the clubface, mostly care about the ball, consider the clubhead to be a blob with a geometric center (roughly), and… so on.

So here's a simple question: what exactly did Trackman "tell you" about "how to make good shots"?

3 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

I know the data of the results of my shots. Did it do what I wanted? no pictures on the scorecard. See I alot of cliquey golf sayings too.  

But… right now the data on your scorecard adds up to scores in the 80s more often than not…

4 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

People who flip don't have their low point under their left armpit/shoulder.

1 hour ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Murfreesboro, Smyrna area

You should go visit my friend Rob McGill.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Traditional fundamentals never change. The greats hitting hickory had different fundamentals.

Huh?

30 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Let's hear some scores and see some videos. Since about 96% of golfers shoot 100 or more I must have found Golf nirvana here. Everyone shoots par. Rob McGill, what's easiest way to find him? Thanks 

You've raised a valid point that there are no pictures on a scorecard. (Although, some of the better teachers on here can tell you what the ball did based on a FO and DTL of the swing). How about a V-Log of you playing 9 holes so we can see this...ahem...stabilized swing in action? Could go a long way to validating your approach. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

7 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Great idea. Thanks. 

Great idea. Thanks. 

Uh, whhuut?

Ahem,? Are you congested, something in your throat? Try a cough drop. lol 

We see videos of you talking, and the first one of you swinging face on, but what about some down the line video so we can see the flight of the ball???  I agree with @Ernest Jones that a vLog of 9 holes, is something I think all of us would like to see.  Like I have said in previous posts, if it works for you, by all means stick with it, but when you start saying you have something that everyone should be doing, you have a name for this clock system, etc...video evidence would go a long way!

1 hour ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Let's hear some scores and see some videos. Since about 96% of golfers shoot 100 or more I must have found Golf nirvana here. Everyone shoots par. Rob McGill, what's easiest way to find him? Thanks 

Thing is, you are on a website that deals with proven facts as much as possible. I am not going out to try some wonky swing that has no data or shots I can't see the trajectory and distance of. Breed and Hall teach and demonstrate on a launch monitor, this would only help your cause. We have to see the ball flight or some sort of data or for all I know you are duffing them into a mattress.

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

30 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

True. I can hit Dtl hopefully ball shows. My approach is different (no kidding, right) I'm gonna make a video explaining my approach. Hopefully it will clear things up. Probably not, oh well. ? Thanks 

You have 10 or so videos out there "explaining your approach"...It would be nice to see some DTL shots, most of the time, if the camera is decent, you can see the ball take off...what about doing a vLog of 9 holes or something the next time you go out and play?

• Administrator
2 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Hmmm… If you type "Rob McGill golf" into Google, the first few results are pretty good.

96% of the golfers HERE don't shoot 100. Why? Because it's a self selecting group. The people here are good enough players to spend enough of their time thinking and talking about golf that they register for a website to do it even more.

They're not really the "play twice a year and drink 10 beers and shoot 115" crowd.

I'm an instructor. My handicap index would be a fair bit lower than 8 if I had one. I'm a pretty good instructor. And you've not said anything that makes any sense, or proven anything.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

The thing is, many of us who are here USED to shoot higher, but through this forum we've improved. Some more than others, of course.

• Upvote 3

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!