IGNORED

I've created a way to build a golf swing!!!!!

Note: This thread is 1853 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, Grinde6 said:

I don't think anyone called you a "flippy hack" unless I missed something somewhere.  You are on a golf forum, saying you "created a way to build a golf swing"...how did you not figure you would get much feedback...especially when you haven't posted any DTL videos or anything so we can see ball flight compared to setup position? 

It just sounds like you are making contact with the ball and not blading it...that's it as far as what I can hear..

Nope, I have said before, if it works for you, by all means use it...but you are not the guy that is going take me to school...not in the least bit..

This forum is a genuinely positive forum...when you come on here and make these claims, but don't provide us with what we are asking for...Trackman data, DTL video, vlog of 9 holes played, etc...people wont take you seriously.

Noted. Thanks 

1 minute ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Is this how you treat all your new members? You have no interest on who's misled. You've made it an agenda. Well you know what congrats on your site and I'll move on. These aren't basic checks, I've not gotten 1 piece of constructive criticism, only narcissistic digs. I wanted to share something I've learned but from my 1st post it's been we're watching you, fact, we'll drop you immediately, fact. Then 2 days of trying to defend myself like I've committed a crime. If that's checks, I'll pass. Good luck. 

The thing is, you've really not offered anything.  You've claimed you've come up with a new way to learn to swing.  You've used a few catch phrases without defining them in a way that we can understand and critique.  Its impossible to provide constructive criticism, there's noting of substance to evaluate.  So we're left with a few videos of you swinging, nothing more.  Of course we're skeptical, and the most knowledgeable are the most skeptical.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

@JoeB from Tennessee, while a lot of what has been pointed out in this thread may sound like cold, impersonal attacks, but having been a member here for years, I can tell you that most members here are simply driven by demonstrative facts with repeatable results and thus far the critiques submitted have pointed out how your particular approach differs from the conventional swing mechanics born out of the rules of physics. I think most here would simply like to see more data and video to support what you are claiming... no one here takes anyone's word at face value...and not because we're inherently skeptical, but because many people have beliefs than don't hold water in the final analysis. I would encourage you to put aside any hard feelings at this point and present some more swing video that might support your system.

And as an aside, these guys have helped me tremendously over the years, and while I'm not down to an 8 Index as of yet that you are, I've benefited greatly from their critiques/advice.

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

51 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

I'm not really sure why if I'm such a flippy hack your wasting your time. I honestly didn't think I would get much feedback. There's something you can't figure out, when you watch you don't believe me. When you listen to contact it sounds like I know what I'm doing, that's a sound of compression, a golf shot. It baffles people. It's like the guy you played you knew never had a chance, look at that swing, are you serious? Then he takes them to school. That's me. 

Thanks for all your feedback. 

A few minutes ago I genuinely asked for the other steps but you're just coming back with this then that. You're on this thread for one reason, discredit. 

Find another way to feed the ego. I'm not worth it. 

Moving on.

21 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Is this how you treat all your new members? You have no interest on who's misled. You've made it an agenda. Well you know what congrats on your site and I'll move on. These aren't basic checks, I've not gotten 1 piece of constructive criticism, only narcissistic digs. I wanted to share something I've learned but from my 1st post it's been we're watching you, fact, we'll drop you immediately, fact. Then 2 days of trying to defend myself like I've committed a crime. If that's checks, I'll pass. Good luck. 

4 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Thing is, you are on a website that deals with proven facts as much as possible. I am not going out to try some wonky swing that has no data or shots I can't see the trajectory and distance of. Breed and Hall teach and demonstrate on a launch monitor, this would only help your cause. We have to see the ball flight or some sort of data or for all I know you are duffing them into a mattress.

1 hour ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

You figured me out. Lol

Um, I will repost my post because you seem to be ignoring it. We need to see it to believe it. Stop posting this stuff on the internet if you cannot handle feed back, especially if you think you are getting attacked. Would you just follow everything blindly that would go against everything you have seen as fact?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
1 hour ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

A few minutes ago I genuinely asked for the other steps but you're just coming back with this then that.

If by "steps" you meant "keys" they're really easy to find if you put forth the smallest amount of effort. Like… even looking in my signature, or typing it into your search engine of preference.

http://5sk.com/index.php/site/about

31 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Is this how you treat all your new members?

Not at all. Just the ones who come on spouting a bunch of bullshit.

And trust me, I'm not being hard on you. I've gone easy on you because the other members are enjoying this whole thing. It's amusing.

You have no interest on who's misled.

Bull.

You've made it an agenda.

My agenda is discussing the golf swing, learning, sharing good knowledge and insights, etc.

These aren't basic checks, I've not gotten 1 piece of constructive criticism, only narcissistic digs.

Bull.

Dude, you haven't shared anything, so all people have to go on are the videos. And I, and others, have pointed out things that we see in the videos.

I wanted to share something I've learned but from my 1st post it's been we're watching you, fact, we'll drop you immediately, fact. Then 2 days of trying to defend myself like I've committed a crime. If that's checks, I'll pass. Good luck. 

You haven't shared anything. You've spouted a bunch of nonsense, and posted some videos of a rather poor swing, and that's been it. The rest of the time you've alternated between continuing to spout nonsense and claiming the victim role.

Share something that can be discussed, or quit whining. Because that's what this is, now.

30 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

You are on a golf forum, saying you "created a way to build a golf swing"...how did you not figure you would get much feedback...especially when you haven't posted any DTL videos or anything so we can see ball flight compared to setup position?

No, @Grinde6, we were supposed to just say "oooooh, ahhhhhhh" apparently.

30 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

This forum is a genuinely positive forum...when you come on here and make these claims, but don't provide us with what we are asking for...Trackman data, DTL video, vlog of 9 holes played, etc...people wont take you seriously.

Yup.

27 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

The thing is, you've really not offered anything.  You've claimed you've come up with a new way to learn to swing.  You've used a few catch phrases without defining them in a way that we can understand and critique.  Its impossible to provide constructive criticism, there's noting of substance to evaluate.  So we're left with a few videos of you swinging, nothing more.  Of course we're skeptical, and the most knowledgeable are the most skeptical.  

Yup.

Here are more reasons we're skeptical.

01.jpg02.jpg

You're swinging "over the top" to use the classic phrase, and that's WITH the camera aligned out toward the ball. Put it on your toe line or on your toes parallel to your target line and it'll be super obvious that you're hitting big pulls. That's another way to "cheat" a flip - swing left.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

50 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 20
My current handicap index or average score is: 8
My typical ball flight is: high, right to left
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: push 

Videos: 

Were these swings your typical ball flight?  Because to me it looked like the ball went immediately to the left, which would indicate a fade, or it was pulled...if you hit a high right to left ball, the ball should start out to the right and come back to the left, but this picture shows otherwise.IMG_9440.thumb.PNG.49a023717a1b9903253b5f1ffbc83d80.PNG

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

Were these swings your typical ball flight?  Because to me it looked like the ball went immediately to the left, which would indicate a fade, or it was pulled...if you hit a high right to left ball, the ball should start out to the right and come back to the left, but this picture shows otherwise.

It's an over-the-top, flippy pull. Don't think too hard about it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It's an over-the-top, flippy pull. Don't think too hard about it.

I played with a guy the other day with a swing like this, except he fell backwards much more than Joe here. He hit some balls farther than I thought he should and still can't figure out how he made contact with the ball while falling away.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

4 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Impact. Straight line. I am curious as to other 4 to see how I'm doing. Thanks (seriously)

IMG_2117.PNG

I don't have the tools to draw straight lines but if I did I'd draw a line up the shaft to your shoulders (like @iacas did), one along your forearm and beyond your hands and one starting on your shoulder and down through and past your elbow.  Ideally, I think all three of those lines should be pretty close to lining up.

It's not that bad of a flip, I think I use to be worse.  What I believe happened to me was because I wasn't getting my weight forward at impact I was hitting it fat.  So I moved the ball back in my stance to compensate.  And I continued to not move my weight forward to compensate for my ball being back in my stance.  I also let my head/torso drop towards the ball on my downswing and I compensated for this by lifting my arms a little bit.  And because my ball was back in my stance I had to compensate by flipping a bit.  I do see similarities in our swings, at least with my swing a couple years back.  The big difference between you and me is I never tried to teach my swing to anyone else, I never thought I had created a way to build a golf swing.  If I came here and did that I would have also gotten quite a reaction.

I did occasionally hit the ball good this way but it required really good timing and precise compensations.  For instance I had to coordinate the downward head/torso drop precisely with the amount I raised my hands.  I had to play or practice a lot to get all this working together.  I had a 27 handicap before I started correcting all that mess.  I dropped about 10 strokes in a year once I starting getting my weight forward on the downswing, keeping my head steady, and having inline impact.  I continue to work on those three "keys" (I haven't really gotten to the last two keys).

I don't know how much you play or practice, but given you're an 8 handicap now... It seems you are coordinated enough to be scratch if you get your swing cleaned up.

Edited by No Mulligans

On 6/22/2017 at 1:28 PM, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Aesthetics will never score. I know the data of the results of my shots. 

You actually don't because you said you've never been on Trackman. 

On 6/22/2017 at 1:32 PM, zipazoid said:

Funny that you posted Furyk's swing. I made a comment about it in this thread earlier. Just because it works for him doesn't mean it works. Show me one instructor who tells someone, 'Swing like Jim Furyk.'

Yes Furyk's swing "looks different" but his impact dynamics are awesome. I personally and have seen other instructors reference Furyk's swing to help players make changes to their motion.  

If you cropped out Furyk's arms during the swing his pivot is similar to basically all the other good players. He's really not doing anything all that different.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

4 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Yes Furyk's swing "looks different" but his impact dynamics are awesome. I personally and have seen other instructors reference Furyk's swing to help players make changes to their motion.  

If you cropped out Furyk's arms during the swing his pivot is similar to basically all the other good players. He's really not doing anything all that different.

Understood, and his impact is pretty much textbook. But would you tell someone to get there by standing too close to the ball, taking the club outside the line, go off plane then drop it hard to the inside & get the hips out of the dang way to make room for the club to get there? That was my point. 

Edited by zipazoid

• Administrator
10 hours ago, zipazoid said:

Understood, and his impact is pretty much textbook. But would you tell someone to get there by standing too close to the ball, taking the club outside the line, go off plane then drop it hard to the inside & get the hips out of the dang way to make room for the club to get there? That was my point. 

I have.

Hell I've felt and had success feeling a very Furyk like swing.

Quite literally one of the first things I said in my Member Swing topic.

If that swing creates a high and right to left ball flight (without pulling the ball at least 10 yards left of the target to begin with), I will personally walk down to the bank, get a decent stack of $2 bills, and burn them while recording the whole thing (several mile walk, getting the money, and burning it) to post in this thread. If you take a video of yourself at a launch monitor, lined up square to the target, and you are hitting draws that start on or to the right of the target line and that peak higher than 30 yards with regularity I swear I will go do that as soon as I return from Nebraska next Friday.

I'll add to that, actually. I will send you a Scotty Cameron putter if you truly do have a "high draw" ball flight without pulling the ball massively from where your feet are aligned. If you want more details on the putter you can PM me for pictures.

That said, I'd be interested in you posting some course vlogs, where you record your round along with your gameplan and swing thoughts throughout. It would be interesting to see you play a full round with your swing to see how effective it may or may not be.

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, zipazoid said:

My Evolvr instructor had me use that feel (Furyk) a bit last year to hep shallow the shaft on the downswing. It "felt" like I was doing it, but the film just showed a better transition.  So it worked without me actually swinging like Furyk.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Ok @JoeB from Tennessee, I, and now at least 3 others, have now called for a video of you (vlog) playing 9 holes with that swing. Let's see the magic! That's the best way (other than a trackman session) for you to gain some credibility. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

My Evolvr instructor had me use that feel (Furyk) a bit last year to hep shallow the shaft on the downswing. It "felt" like I was doing it, but the film just showed a better transition.  So it worked without me actually swinging like Furyk.

Years ago, I read a piece from Trevino wherein he was describing his wide, flat figure eight backswing. That is exactly what it does as pertaining to coming into the ball shallow and swinging way out to the right. No something I would adapt permanently, but it did help as you mention. Felt weird. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Note: This thread is 1853 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!