Jump to content
Note: This thread is 863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Folks on this site have come here to learn about the golf swing, share ideas and improve. Most of us rely on better players and expert teachers on this site to help us get better. That is why I joined

The thing is, many of us who are here USED to shoot higher, but through this forum we've improved. Some more than others, of course.

Hi @JoeB from Tennessee. Welcome to TST! Do you want us to ask questions, or were you planning to give us more details? You say you've got a "model" and a "system." Can you tell us how the v

Posted Images

9 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

I put a post on your reply, Apologies, I thought it was someone else. Again apologies, not meant for you.

No problem...no offense taken, Sir.  Best of luck with what you're working on.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
9 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Guys there are 5 videos ive posted since yesterday trying to explain what I'm doing.

It's only what you THINK or FEEL you're doing.

What you're ACTUALLY doing is often something entirely different.

You have a phone. Let's see your swing in high speed video.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
20 hours ago, iacas said:

IMG_3135.PNG

Wrong pad.

Hogan-LeftHandGrip.jpg

Golfperfect-FofHleftgrip.jpg

Care to respond to how badly you've botched this?

Posting that in the interests of keeping this thread from being completely full of bad information…

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Folks on this site have come here to learn about the golf swing, share ideas and improve. Most of us rely on better players and expert teachers on this site to help us get better. That is why I joined and why many others joined.

Every few months someone like yourself joins The Sand Trap with a eureka moment. Rarely is it revolutionary. In fact, they never are. All your videos show a very flippy, pull golf swing and an improper grip. You don't like the fact that we don't think your swing method is viable for everyone else. It may work for you at this time, but it won't be a repeatable, successful swing in the long run as experience has taught us.

Some of us, like me, have fought a flip and have sought out expert teaching to eliminate the flip. You are preaching a flip.Now should I drop everything and go back to the flip, which no good golfer does, or should I seek good advice? You know the answer.

It is also the responsibility for forum members to protect the integrity of the site. If someone does a web search on building a golf swing, they may end up in this thread. Without our critique, it may appear that we are endorsing your method. So please take this as a peer review. You can either get upset, start insulting members and get warned, or you can look around at other threads, learn, and maybe take a look at your videos and methods again and adjust them.

Please choose the later.

There's a reason, @JoeB from Tennessee, that this post got a blue ribbon and 10+ likes.

Read it. Understand it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
11 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Guys there are 5 videos ive posted since yesterday trying to explain what I'm doing. If you have questions bout them ill be happy to respond. Otherwise stop asking me to prove it, I'm trying but certain ones aint having it.

I think if you would take the time to vlog your next round and post that up showing just how well you score with this swing and actually showing it during a round, it would add more validity to what you are trying to accomplish. I'm not bashing because to each their own when it comes to what swing you want to play with. I'm just saying that if you add this vlog, it will add so much more substance to the message.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, TN94z said:

I think if you would take the time to vlog your next round and post that up showing just how well you score with this swing and actually showing it during a round, it would add more validity to what you are trying to accomplish. I'm not bashing because to each their own when it comes to what swing you want to play with. I'm just saying that if you add this vlog, it will add so much more substance to the message.

Why do you want that-He is not that good a golfer.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Folks on this site have come here to learn about the golf swing, share ideas and improve. Most of us rely on better players and expert teachers on this site to help us get better. That is why I joined and why many others joined.

Every few months someone like yourself joins The Sand Trap with a eureka moment. Rarely is it revolutionary. In fact, they never are. All your videos show a very flippy, pull golf swing and an improper grip. You don't like the fact that we don't think your swing method is viable for everyone else. It may work for you at this time, but it won't be a repeatable, successful swing in the long run as experience has taught us.

Some of us, like me, have fought a flip and have sought out expert teaching to eliminate the flip. You are preaching a flip.Now should I drop everything and go back to the flip, which no good golfer does, or should I seek good advice? You know the answer.

It is also the responsibility for forum members to protect the integrity of the site. If someone does a web search on building a golf swing, they may end up in this thread. Without our critique, it may appear that we are endorsing your method. So please take this as a peer review. You can either get upset, start insulting members and get warned, or you can look around at other threads, learn, and maybe take a look at your videos and methods again and adjust them.

Please choose the later.

I've not insulted anyone. I've not said anything about anyone's swing or opinion, only defended  myself. Thanks for the advice nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

Why do you want that-He is not that good a golfer.

Thanks.

Because I have the right to be on here just like you Phil. 

6 hours ago, TN94z said:

I think if you would take the time to vlog your next round and post that up showing just how well you score with this swing and actually showing it during a round, it would add more validity to what you are trying to accomplish. I'm not bashing because to each their own when it comes to what swing you want to play with. I'm just saying that if you add this vlog, it will add so much more substance to the message.

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, iacas said:

There's a reason, @JoeB from Tennessee, that this post got a blue ribbon and 10+ likes.

Read it. Understand it.

I did it is well done. I also thanked him.  I don't have a problem with forums, your knowledge or golf advice. My problem is with you and passive aggressive replies, coming at me with smarta.. remarks videos to try to make me look stupid. you and acouple others are my problem. So if you want to kick me off it's ok. There's someone else who accuses me of lying about what I know, I have a problem with that. He doesn't know me, but can call me a liar, maybe address some of these things. I'll be deleting all my videos and see if I can delete my profile. I've caused enough trouble on your site. Entertaining the masses at my expense is done .

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

 

Accounts cannot be deleted. You can stick around and learn some great stuff about the golf swing, or simply stop posting, but no deletions. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think JoeB from Tennessee realized that a public forum can be like swimming in  a pool with rubber duckies, or like jumping in shark infested ocean waters..hahaha. 

 I have no doubt that he means well, I have no doubt his swing and how he learned it works for him. I do have to say, I  do not care for his swing but that is besides the point.

Golf seems to provide us with some amazing moments. For some of us is when we find something that seems to have made a huge difference in how we play the game. I get it, We just feel like telling the entire world. But more times than not, others would not buy it, understand it or care for it. because we are all different. 

This threat would have died on the second page,if most folks would have said.."Good for you buddy!" and moved on..because common, when his first video came out..you knew this was not going to be something most of would take seriously. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hategolf said:

I don't think JoeB from Tennessee realized that a public forum can be like swimming in  a pool with rubber duckies, or like jumping in shark infested ocean waters..hahaha. 

 I have no doubt that he means well, I have no doubt his swing and how he learned it works for him. I do have to say, I  do not care for his swing but that is besides the point.

Golf seems to provide us with some amazing moments. For some of us is when we find something that seems to have made a huge difference in how we play the game. I get it, We just feel like telling the entire world. But more times than not, others would not buy it, understand it or care for it. because we are all different. 

This threat would have died on the second page,if most folks would have said.."Good for you buddy!" and moved on..because common, when his first video came out..you knew this was not going to be something most of would take seriously. 

that and the inherent "One upsmanship" which is always prevalent in those wanting to have the last word.
WORD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

that and the inherent "One upsmanship" which is always prevalent in those wanting to have the last word.
WORD.

Yeah… that's not really at play here. Nothing posted here has anything to do with wanting "the last word."

4 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

I've not insulted anyone. I've not said anything about anyone's swing or opinion, only defended  myself. Thanks for the advice nonetheless.

His post said nothing - nothing - about you insulting members in the past. He said you could take that approach.

Or you could learn something, he said.

You've seemingly chosen the third option: plug your ears, hum a tune, and go away. That's certainly preferable over the first: insulting people, getting warned, and taking a downward spiral.

4 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Because I have the right to be on here just like you Phil.

Being on here is not a right.

4 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

My problem is with you and passive aggressive replies, coming at me with smarta.. remarks videos to try to make me look stupid.

There's been nothing passive about anything I've posted, and the aggression that's present is awfully mild, buddy.

You can't - or won't - answer a basic question about your grip. About your flip. About your pull. You shot a 41 today and "then" the wheels fell off because you got nervous you were playing so well? That's not good golf.

No aggression there. Just some facts.

4 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

So if you want to kick me off it's ok.

Ah, the second checklist item in the handbook… play the role of the victim.

4 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

There's someone else who accuses me of lying about what I know, I have a problem with that. He doesn't know me, but can call me a liar, maybe address some of these things.

Respond with something resembling proof, or something that makes even a little sense.

4 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

I'll be deleting all my videos and see if I can delete my profile. I've caused enough trouble on your site. Entertaining the masses at my expense is done .

You can't delete the profile. Just as you weren't allowed to create more profiles to "support" yourself and give yourself virtual props and back-slaps.

This hasn't been entertaining. It's been frustrating.

As for making you look smart or stupid, only you can really do that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Before this thread gets shut down (possibly), and has run its course. I will mention something positive.

In one of the latest videos posted, it did serve as a reminder to me to "get my right hip around and through" ( my description, not necessarily how others might state it), nothing new, but did remind me of something I fail to do enough of sometimes. So, at least in that regard, I got something out of it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Explaining something here at 7:45 no idea what he means.

I am not going to give the guy play but the original guy posting about this very same subject used to wear red sneakers and is acknowledged to be a pretty darn good ballstriker.

To me this latest guy looks like a copycat.  Possibly a follower of the original.  They both have one thing in common though.  No one can decipher wth they are talking about.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • You responded to someone who posted 10 years ago.
    • Even in a big city, trying to ban guns only helps the criminals. Criminals don’t turn in their guns, only the law abiding citizens which are being unarmed. Pretty simple stuff.
    • Day 159.  Periodic 6-iron shots (at least one block of at least five minutes) during breaks in a long meeting schedule.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, priority piece related to backswing length. I also tried quarantine day 13 drill (high pitches/flops), something I don't know how to do, and I think I was doing the drill wrong.  All my shots went left.  Thankfully, I was using foam balls.  I'm going to review the video later (time permitting), along with what people tried when those drills were released and see if their feedback applies to me, and try again
    • I changed out the the bag this year going over to Ping from primarily Tayormade clubs. Driver: Ping G-410   12 degree Ping G-410  5wood Ping G-410. 7 wood Ping G410. 5 hybrid Ping G410 5 iron to PW   I was fitted to play Orange dot which is 2 degrees flat for my irons. Playing around with the adjustable driver and metal woods. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    • It was a new course.  You get a pass.  Next time you need to keep it around 3 hours.  😁😉
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. camerongautx
      camerongautx
      (30 years old)
    2. CyboNinja
      CyboNinja
      (40 years old)
    3. Hawk367
      Hawk367
      (54 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...