IGNORED

Trump Drives Cart on Green

Billsy
Note: This thread is 2489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, lastings said:

reputation preceding them both in these instances, I assume.   

Donald Trump is a notorious jackass, so this is just another jackass thing he did.   add it to the list. 

And we're right back to politics...  :naughty:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Unless it's been edited and I missed something, I wouldn't say calling him an asshole is political.

Hell, the video in the OP shows it pretty clearly. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

4 minutes ago, David in FL said:

You could take the Donald Trump from the 1990s and make these statements.  I grew up in NY and he was always like this.   He was a notorious jackass long ago, politics aside.

—Adam

7 minutes ago, jamo said:

Unless it's been edited and I missed something, I wouldn't say calling him an asshole is political.

Hell, the video in the OP shows it pretty clearly. 

Hard in this day and age to determine what would be considered political content .Heck, just responding to someone's post that may have had political overtones could render you an offender.  Back in the 50's, Dwight Eisenhower was an avid golfer, but describing it was not considered a political discussion. Today is a little different given the all consuming nature of what is in the daily news.  

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

What was he saying at the end? I'm gonna kill this hole?

Nevermind, good until this hole.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

33 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

You could take the Donald Trump from the 1990s and make these statements.  I grew up in NY and he was always like this.   He was a notorious jackass long ago, politics aside.

Ah yes, growing up in the same city/state gives you a special insight...  :doh:

35 minutes ago, jamo said:

No surprise there.

Never mind.

In David's bag....

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, David in FL said:

No surprise there.

Never mind.

It's not, David.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

35 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Ah yes, growing up in the same city/state gives you a special insight...  :doh:

When you see the newspapers reporting on him as a local celebrity (this was well before the Apprentice), then yes.   People are the same everywhere and some people loved him, and others hated him.   His deals, money troubles and outlandish statements were all news.   He was very brash and very controversial well before he stuck his toes into politics.

• Upvote 1

—Adam

1 minute ago, imsys0042 said:

When you see the newspapers reporting on him as a local celebrity (this was well before the Apprentice), then yes.   People are the same everywhere and some people loved him, and others hated him.   His deals, money troubles and outlandish statements were all news.   He was very brash and very controversial well before he stuck his toes into politics.

Brash and controversial does not equal "notorious jackass".  Many people would consider that to be smart and successful.

In David's bag....

Reminds me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWd-rkGPaM8&feature=player_embedded

He's done so many great things for me, and I want to tell you one of the greatest things he did for me. He took me down to Pebble Beach, guys, to play golf. You know I don't know how to play golf.

So I'm driving the golf cart around, and I drive the golf cart up on the green, okay? Eddie, Ronnie, Joe, all them, guys are laughing at me. Some guy's flying behind us going like, "Get off the green." I'm going what is he talking about?

So I go to the next hole, and I drive up on the green. So then I said "If this guy comes and opens his mouth again, I'm going to knock him out." Hey, so I started to turn around, and Eddie and them go, "Hey, you can't drive up on the green." I said "All this shit is green!"

- John

Just now, David in FL said:

Brash and controversial does not equal "notorious jackass".  Many people would consider that to be smart and successful.

I can only speak for myself and the people I spoke with when I lived there.  I'm sure there were people who loved him.  At least 3 or 4 people on the Upper East side

—Adam

It would be nice to get an explanation.Even if you were the laziest golfer in the world there is no real reason to put the cart on the green itself is there?

• Upvote 2

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

5 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

At least 3 or 4 people on the Upper East side

And there you go...

4 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

It would be nice to get an explanation.Even if you were the laziest golfer in the world there is no real reason to put the cart on the green itself is there?

None at all!

In David's bag....

Lol. Okay, several things:

1) He owns the course. 

2) You still shouldn't do that. Because you have members. Who are there to golf.

3) The OP talking about what kind of example that sets for youngsters. I mean, what? Raise your own kids.

4) The idea that somebody (can't remember who) is a "fan of Donald" but finds THIS "dissapointing."

This thread is full of lulz.

• Upvote 1

"Witty golf quote."

3 minutes ago, Aguirre said:

3) The OP talking about what kind of example that sets for youngsters. I mean, what? Raise your own kids.

Laugh now, but 15 years from now when you watch the NCAA Championship and everyone is wheeling push-carts all over the greens, YOU WILL KNOW WHY.

Also...I'd love to meet the "youngsters" who are looking to a 70-year-old man as an exemplar.

Edited by Hardspoon
  • Upvote 1

- John

4 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Laugh now, but 15 years from now when you watch the NCAA Championship and everyone is wheeling push-carts all over the greens, YOU WILL KNOW WHY.

Well, that's a good point. Especially when the winner grabs the trophy presenter by the p*****.

Edited by Aguirre

"Witty golf quote."

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Because that's how they do it in Australia?

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/golf-in-australia-geoff-shackelford

http://www.myusualgame.com/2012/08/22/push-carts-on-tee-boxes-on-greens/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!