IGNORED

When Did You Sell Out?

iacas
Note: This thread is 2288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The day I bought golf pants and threw out my denim cut-offs. Sigh, I used to be so rock'n'roll, now I wear golf pants and tell dad jokes. 

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/27/2017 at 6:53 PM, iacas said:

Cuz they're not cool.

Or so my college kids say… until they have to play four rounds in four days with them. ;-)

Arent push carts decently popular with college kids? I feel like I saw a decent amount of them when I watched the NCAA champ a few weeks back.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

Arent push carts decently popular with college kids? I feel like I saw a decent amount of them when I watched the NCAA champ a few weeks back.

Some of them.

The ones who believe their coaches and have faith that they're doing them for their benefit, not just to make them look "uncool." :-)

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

Some of them.

The ones who believe their coaches and have faith that they're doing them for their benefit, not just to make them look "uncool." :-)

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, much to the chagrin of many posters here...    Push Carts are uncool.  :-O 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, lastings said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, much to the chagrin of many posters here...    Push Carts are uncool.  :-O 

I disagree, but to each their own. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Probably going full-time in a riding cart.  Ankles, knees, hips, feet.  Walking and carrying 18 might render me bedridden to 2 days.

My other summer interest is playing gigs with my hippie 60s show band.  Trust me when I say 2 hours of playing on hard stages in beatle boots in the heat produces similar results.

Gettin' old isn't all that fun!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Fun question. I can think of probably two distinct points where I sold out, from my POV.

Both actually came around the same time, maybe a year or so out of college. The first was buying my first (and only, still carry the same club) hybrid, a white Taylor Made 3H, to replace my 5W when I was about 23 (8 years ago). Even the name itself, hybrid, felt a little... icky. And the white paint definitely did not feel very traditional, although I did think it looked sharp when it was clean.

The second wasn't so much a single event, as it was a change in my life/lifestyle. Immediately after graduating college, I lived very close to the course I basically grew up on. With a job, I was able to get a membership, and I played after work damn near every night I could, anywhere from a few holes to 9 if I could really rush and not have to play through too many people. I always walked, and always hustled, because I wasn't getting to the course until 7PM or so. The next year, I moved across town with a bunch of friends. It was around this time that I bought the 3H. Now I didn't live close enough to any courses that I could play after work, so my play rate plummeted. It turned into playing a handful of weekends during the summer with buddies, on super-crowded courses, just trying to have some fun. It was at this point... I stopped walking. I was now making some money, so paying for a cart didn't bother me, and most of my rounds were in 80-100 degree heat because I was typically playing in June-July-August, and the idea of walking 18 in 5+ hour rounds with constant waiting just did not appeal to me.

I don't miss the 5W. I do miss walking. But at this point, I'm much more relaxed about playing (even though I'm as serious as ever about playing well), so I sort of relish in being carted around. If I ever get to the point where I'm able to play 9 before or after work, I'd definitely walk, though.

Wow I had no idea push carts or hybrids were so controversial.

I really expected to see more brand loyalty sell-outs, i.e., Callaway vs. TaylorMade, Titleist vs. Bridgestone, Nike cleats vs. FJ, etc.

I know when I see someone in head-to-toe Nike apparel, I think, would this guys ever try an Adidas shirt?

My sell out moments are not exclusively playing the back tees at my local courses to challenge myself more.

I bought a push cart two years ago...thought they were cheesy till i played with a guy who had one.  dang near like having a caddy,  he was always fresh, stored everything and easy to push.  I bought one the next day and retired my shoulders.  They were happy lol.

I went to a 19 hybrid bout 4yrs ago.  After hitting one on the range finally instead of 3 iron.  Just dumb not too.

Edited by oregongolfguy
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

I wear golf pants and tell dad jokes. 

"What did the O say to the Q?"

"Hey put that thing away!!"

Colin P.

2 minutes ago, colin007 said:

lol. 

What did 0 say to 8?

Nice belt!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

17 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

lol. 

What did 0 say to 8?

Nice belt!

What did 1 say to 2?

I may have 1 but you good 2... Awww.

Vishal S.

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

3 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

lol. 

What did 0 say to 8?

Nice belt!

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

What did 1 say to 2?

I may have 1 but you good 2... Awww.

Those jokes tell me you guys sold out (your humor) years ago!  (jk):whistle:

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Just finally decided to pick up a 3 hybrid to replace my 3 iron. I guess that means ive sold out too now haha. Got a used Taylormade one from Golf Galaxy for $30. Have a round tomorrow morning excited to see how it plays. Was carrying it 185-195 rolling to 205-215 on the indoor launch monitor.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

On 6/28/2017 at 11:36 AM, colin007 said:

I play TopFlite balls. And I even pay for them....

Really? You don't find enough Top Flites lying around on the course? Seems odd to me but the two brands of balls I find most are ProV-1's and Top Flites!

On 7/8/2017 at 3:41 AM, Buckeyebowman said:

Really? You don't find enough Top Flites lying around on the course? Seems odd to me but the two brands of balls I find most are ProV-1's and Top Flites!

I really love the Gamer and Gamer Tours, which I hardly ever find any of. Actually I won't play any other type of TopFlite.

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 2288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!