IGNORED

ClubCorp Travel - Great Way to Play Nice Courses

Note: This thread is 1259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

From GCA…

ClubCorp has created a new membership category called ClubCorp Travel and is open to anyone (no other membership required).

On the golf side, you can play two rounds per month at each course that is outside the area you reside for a cart fee only. On the dining side, you get two free meals at each dining club per month outside your residential area for service charges/gratuities/alcohol costs.

You also get other random benefits. The member on GCA has gone to House of Blues a few times and used their club quarters lodging benefits.

The price is $50/month.  Currently the initiation is waived.

Some of the better courses currently available:

• Pete Dye Golf Club
  • Firestone (North and West courses only)
  • A shit ton of Canadian courses (there is a relationship with ClubLink)
  • Omni courses (Bedford and La Costa)
  • Mission Hills
  • Davenport CC
  • A ton of other Nicklaus, Palmer and "big name architect" stuff that gets trashed but in my opinion is well worth the $30 cart fee and $50 a month.

Here's the link for more info: http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/ClubCorpTravel

Here's a link to see the benefits: http://www.clubcorp.com/Membership/Benefits-Finder

There are restrictions on weekend tee times for the travel membership (afternoon only) and bookings can only be made 21 days in advance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a Member of ClubCorp travel currently. For $50/month you can't beat it, if you travel to play golf at all.

You can only play the courses which are over 100 miles from your home residence.   I've played 20 of their courses (outside my home area, there are 7 or 8 courses that I can't play as they are too close, although I've played them all in inter-club matches), several more than once.  I always play Black Bear Club at keene's Point when I go to Florida to visit my parents.

Most cart fees at the courses I've played have been closer to $20.  And some of the courses, at least Ford's Colony in Williamsburg VA, let my guest, @GolfLug, pay, $25. You can bring up to 7 guests.

Edited by jsgolfer

• Administrator

So it's really a good deal, then, @jsgolfer, eh? Sounds like it could be a good deal even if you just have to drive yourself two or three hours to play a good golf course.

$600 for the year… that's less than you'd pay to play two or three of the courses, so you could keep it going through the winter, too, in case you travel to FL or CA or something.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

So it's really a good deal, then, @jsgolfer, eh? Sounds like it could be a good deal even if you just have to drive yourself two or three hours to play a good golf course.

$600 for the year… that's less than you'd pay to play two or three of the courses, so you could keep it going through the winter, too, in case you travel to FL or CA or something.

Yes it's a great deal if you travel or don't mind traveling a  couple hours to play golf.  it works well for my wife and I as we travel quite a bit and play a lot of golf when we are away.  Is every course great, no, but for the most part though you are playing a Country Club, so the service, pace of play and atmosphere is really good.  All of the courses we've played have been really good, I'd play the Golden Bear Club at Keene's Pointe every month if I could.

These are the clubs we've played over the years and you only need to play a few times to pay for the $600 yearly fee.  

Desert Falls CC    - Palm Desert - very nice course
Indian Wells CC      - Indian Wells CA, 
Morgan Run Club & Resort - San Diego
DeBary Golf & Country Club - Florida 
LPGA International  Florida 
Golden Bear Club at Keene's Pointe - Orlando
Dunes at Maui Lani Golf Course* - Maui
River Landing Country Club - raleigh nc
Omni Bedford Springs Resort and Golf Club - bedford PA
Diamond Run Golf Club- Pittsburgh PA
Treesdale Golf & Country Club -Pittsburgh PA  
Green Oaks Country Club -Pittsburgh PA
Dye Club at Barefoot Resort - Myrtle Beach
Wachesaw Plantation Club - South Myrtle
Hidden Valley CC - Salem VA
Ford's Colony - 3 18- Holes Courses - Williamsburg VA
Woodside Plantation - Aiken GA

I'm also going to play Pinehurst No. 7 and probably another course in Raleigh on the way to play in the Newport Cup.  :beer:  next time we go to Vermilion OH to visit my wife's Dad, we're definitely going to try and play the Firestone Courses.

We've also used the dinner benefit a few times and typically all of the places are at the highest point in town.  Get to see some great views, the University Club atop Symphony Towers in San Diego was awesome.

• 7 months later...

We just joined a ClubCorp course (Hills CC in Austin, TX) and I'm trying to figure out how the ONE works for away golf and dining.  It looks like it could be pretty cool, particularly the "two free meals per month" at downtown clubs in nearly every major city.

Been a member for a few years and enjoyed playing the courses in several areas of the country.
In August, a member can take guests to any Club Corp owned courses to play for free.
Not sure on limitations, one or more maybe.
The dining features are a great deal.

Atlanta & Dallas areas have many great CC courses.

I believe to become a member you must belong to a course which has Club Corp affiliation.

On 2/15/2018 at 5:11 PM, Club Rat said:

Been a member for a few years and enjoyed playing the courses in several areas of the country.
In August, a member can take guests to any Club Corp owned courses to play for free.
Not sure on limitations, one or more maybe.
The dining features are a great deal.

Atlanta & Dallas areas have many great CC courses.

I believe to become a member you must belong to a course which has Club Corp affiliation.

I'm a member of their Travel Club for $50/month.  I just can't play any courses or use the dining within 100 miles of my home residence.  Other than that I get all the same benefits as the One. 

Note: This thread is 1259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!