IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge July 2017

Note: This thread is 2459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played 8 holes with my wife after happy hour at the club.  She had a par on the first hole and I lipped out my birdie putt.  Practiced playing while a little drunk. ?  I also worked on not giving my wife advice and just enjoying the beautiful sunset.  

IMG_5792.JPG

• Upvote 1

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

July 8.  Heading out to play shortly.  Full weekend of golf.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

23 minutes ago, Shindig said:

July 8.  Heading out to play shortly.  Full weekend of golf.

Good luck! 

Stretched, putted 20 min (mostly green reading and putting from 15ft), and did some slow motion full swing practice and hit some stray balls on the range.  

Heading downtown for Washington Nationals game soon.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

7/8/17:

Mostly posture drills today. Main focus was get my hip joints in-line with my ankles, feeling as I'm getting ready to dunk a basketball or hit a baseball.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

July 8

Got in an hour on the practice range, including a couple of rest breaks. Had several specific things to work on.

8i chip and run, and with 54* short hinge-and-hold pitches and half-swings; half swing rates more follow-through than HnH.

Iron shots: very poor contact lately - hit some half-swing punches to get the feel back, and worked on hip kick at top and good step-through. Much cleaner hits at end.

Driver / 3W: Driver hot and cold within same round lately. Worked on good hand position and good extension at start of takeaway. Also, by working with alignment sticks I noticed my ball position had crept forward more than an inch beyond what I wanted. Moved it back, and straighter ball resulted.

3W: Great off a tee - about 1/4" high - but trouble off fairway. Found I was letting my head droop on certain shots - neck and spine in straight line leads to better contact. Took a break after problem shots, then hit five solid ones in a row. Then, called it a day.

Edited by WUTiger

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

7-8-17  chipping practice this morning into my chipping net with my 58 degree wedge. Sets of 25, tried to see how many I could get in each of the concentric sections of the net. Definitely getting better.  Hit 23 of 25 in my last set. Prior best was 18.  Had three dead center, 12 in the middle section and 8 in the outer section.

Sincerely, Art

595fdffb1cd64_logoforTST.jpg.9637d0539d0818684c1ee7c2f23bfb3a.jpg

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

IMG_4510.thumb.JPG.5853955c17fecd3c64a724d63dea43b8.JPG7/08 - clearing out underbrush from back of property. Swinging this thing for a couple of hours with focus on centered turn and steady head

• Upvote 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

July 8th

spent 5 minutes working with the impact snap.  Got a feel for getting better with the back of my left hand toward the target at impact.  Then spent 5 minutes each with the orange whip and another speed club to work on sequencing and speed.  Finally, later in the day took a break from working on sprinklers to pitch about 40 balls in my back yard.  My chipping and pitching are feeling great... just trying to build confidence.

7/9/17:

Trying to get my distance ranges down... I know my averages, however with the club championship next weekend and long is dead at Newman. So I'm trying to get min and max so I can stay below the hole. :-)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

7/9/17

Spent about 2 hours practicing today.  Hit irons on the range. Struggled a bit.  Started fading the ball again and when I corrected for it I began pulling the ball.  Rhythm was lacking until the end of the range session, when it finally came together.  

Also hit 50 yard pitches to the pitching green.  Getting more comfortable with my 58 and 54 degree wedges.  Only chili dipped 2 shots and quickly fixed the issue.  I have been scared to use these clubs from this distance and have been using PW.  Finally gaining confidence to use them.

Finished with 30 mins of putting.  Used one ball to hit to various holes on the putting green.  The greens at my home course have been on horrible shape and my putting had suffered.  Manged to find 4 holes on the practice green with perfect grass.  Definitely getting my feel back.  Even 1 putted 2 of the last three holes.

Sincerely, Art

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

July 9

Practiced putting for a half hour between church service and noontime volunteers' luncheon.

• Put down alignment stick and practiced 3, 5 and 10-foot putts. Focused on square alignment and keeping left hand slightly ahead of clubface at address (I've been having trouble with skidding putts - pro said I was hitting up on putts when that happens.) Alignment stick helped "point the way" for putts... confidence builder.
  • Reviewed AimPoint Express putting method, and practiced it on medium and long lag putts. Tomorrow's course reportedly has very large greens.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Played today also and won a skin... twelve of us (three foursomes) played a course I'd never played before from the tips.  Other than one tee where I was literally incapable of making the forced carry, I did ... I won't say well, but I shot an ESC 97 and learned a lot about the importance of distance.  I did manage to make some good pars and good bogeys and I realize I have a lot to do before I can play in A flight in my club (whose tees are of similar difficulty, at least on paper;  SR and length are about equal I think).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

7/9 - wall drills for centered hip turn with added focus on steady head

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

July 9 :  Played 18 holes at Kalispel Golf and Country Club.  Didn't hit the ball great but shot 81.  Woke up stiff and sore and did not have a good warm up.  Later in the day I hit some pitches and chips in the back yard.

7/10/17:

GamePlanning for the Club Championship this weekend. Mostly trying to figure out what I'm going to do on 18. I'm sort of in a pickle with my normal tee shot, as the wind is forecasted to blow out of the south and southwest on the weekend making it play into the wind and I don't have a club for my second shot. I'll figure it out before Saturday I hope.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

7/10: Went to range and hit a small bucket with driver and 7-iron. Getting ready for a round tomorrow- first real round since April (aborted one in May). Tried to just shake the dust off my full swing, with just being vaguely aware of the pieces I've been working on. Shot shape was slight fade for both driver and iron. Distance seemed decent. Miss was an occasional top of the ball, or a block to the right.

I mainly just needed to trust my full shoulder turn while keeping my head turned to the ball (related to my injury). When I realized I can do it all pain-free now, I could swing much more freely- less tension. Looking forward to tomorrow's round, not the least reason is that it'll be the first since I took Aimpoint with Erik in May. Lots of practice on green reading since then, and hope to put that into use.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

9/10/17

Did 15 mins of putting in my office.  Focused on smooth stroke, clean contact and proper speed to the cup.  I've been hitting a handful of putts too far past the hole, resulting in 3 putts, trying to rectify that.

Sincerely, Art

Note: This thread is 2459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!