IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge July 2017

Note: This thread is 2431 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7/14 - 50' lags down office hallway. I play tomorrow morning

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7/14/17

Continued to work on clean contact with my irons.  Hit 6 irons off my mat into the target in my backard net.  Only pulled a few, had nice rhythm.  Starting to focus on properly compressing the ball.  I have a tendency to pick it.  The ones I properly stuck really felt good.

This iron practice has been paying off.  Shot a 44 yesterday, hit 4 GIR and was just off the green  on 2 more holes.

Sincerely, Art

595fdffb1cd64_logoforTST.jpg.9637d0539d0818684c1ee7c2f23bfb3a.jpg

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

July 14 - Happy Bastille Day to any French folks we have on the site. My league round got cancelled last night.

That's a strange reason to cancel a league round.

July 14 -- five minutes putting with a ruler, aiming about 8-10' away across the room.  I am debating getting more of these rulers so I can keep one in my car (would it be useful to do this drill on a real putting green, with the ruler being where I think I need to start the ball to make the putt?) and maybe one at my parents' place.  The rulers are cheap so I can't believe I'm even wondering about it.

I should aim to get some video once I'm a bit more comfortable with what I'm practicing stroke-wise.  Today's a weird day schedule wise though.

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

7/14/17:

9 holes today.... Very wet.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

7-14 Hit 40-50 yd shots at lunch.

Went to the range after work. Worked on a faster backswing and keeping the left shoulder low and around on the downswing. Then chipping and pitching. Also worked on putts inside 10 feet.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

July 14:  couples night at the club and we played a 9 hole chapman format. It was a lot of fun and my wife only wanted to kill me once when I was trying to tell her a putt was pretty down hill.  She then proceeded to hit it 10 feet past the hole.  I showed her by making the comebacker.  We shot 7 over par including a triple bogey on a par 4... the #1 handicap hole.  I hit probably by best drive of the year and she was 126 yards to the pin but ended up hitting it under a tree.  she happened to take a picture of the swing.  

IMG_5797.JPG

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

7/15

Snuck away for 10 mins to chip into my chipping net.  This was tough to do when I'm suppossed to be packing the car for a weekend trip.  :-)

Sincerely, Art

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

July 15

Heading out for conference at school.

Earlier this morning, practiced for five minutes with seldom-used TaylorMade TPA VIII putter.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

7/15 - played today. 85 (42/43) Some really good holes, some really bad holes. I did have a personal best 3 birdies in a single round. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

June 15- 20 minutes chipping practice in the morning. Played a par 3 nine in the pm. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7/15/17:

The Club Championship was postponed... Due to the course being underwater. It's basically unplayable right now. So I did some posture drills and went and cooked food for hungry customers.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

July 15 -- I was worried I wouldn't get to practice today due to some guests who were here for quite some time.  However, I was able to squeeze in about ten minutes, most of which was 25 putts on the ruler to boxes 8' or so away.  3 left, 1 right, so either I got really good at hitting my line or I'm not seeing that part correctly (when I putt for real, I try to not look at where the ball goes).

Each putt was preceded by practice strokes, again trying to emulate what I saw Erik do in two videos I watched on Wednesday night.  I'm going to try to figure out a good way to take video for this drill (I'm not happy with how my videos came out a few days ago anymore, as I don't think the setup would be indicative) and then post that in my "my swing" thread.  I know on Thursday's round I lost fewer strokes putting than I normally do, so that's encouraging but not a good enough sample size.

July so far, 15 for 15. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

July 15: Army Reserve weekend and had friends over tonight so not much time for practice.  I did ran 2 to 3 miles at the gym then did some golf specific stretching excercises.  After a long week hunched over a computer it felt great just to lay on the ground and let my back decompress.  Later at lunch I did some swings without a ball and worked on sequencing.  

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

July 16

In the middle of nowhere, hoping this post loads. 

Practiced swings focusing on weight transfer.  Didn't hit golf balls, just focused on mechanics of my swing.  Also stretched to improve range of rotation. 

Sincerely, Art

7/16/17:

Slow swings in front of mirror. Focusing on balance and tempo.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

July 16 - rest day after playing yesterday. Wrist and knee feel pretty good, so I'm getting closer at least with the wrist. Stretching and shoulder turn work today. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

July 16.  Realizing I haven't been to the range itself in a few days, I went.  Medium bucket (66) on grass, the usual routine.  I also hit my new 4H for the first time and wow, I hope this honeymoon period lasts.  I also got video of my 6-iron shots for both my "my swing" thread and for evolvr. 

I also spent about an hour on the putting green.  First I was trying to get comfortable hitting what feels like a much longer stroke for 3' and 5' putts.  I wasn't even focusing on line, just on aiming somewhere towards the hole and hitting it about the right distance.  I hope I didn't ingrain any bad habits, but I don't want to be outcome focused when I've changed so much about my putting stroke in the past week.  

I then tried the same with 30' putts.  I got a surprising number to roll within 10%, which makes me very happy.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.  Hopefully before too long, my putting won't be "an average 25 handicapper putting for you would improve your score."

-- Michael | My swing! 

July 16

Half hour short  game practice in evening. Hoped for cooler temps, but not so.

Started with hinge-and-hold close-in pitches. Starting to get better feel on these.

Hit some sand shots out of deep bunker on No. 9 green. I had hoped it would be softer than the practice area bunker, but it wasn't. Sand is hard, and some traps have soil washing in off the edges and polluting the sand.

If I walk into one of our bunkers and it's hard, I will just pick the shot off the top. If I try a blast, the SW often skips off the hard sand and you get a shot 20 yards over the green. Also, I don't want to mess up my MD3 54* blasting out of gravel pits.

One guy at the club located a 4* bounce SW, says it works well out of our bunkers.

Edited by WUTiger

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 2431 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!