Sign in to follow this  
MasonAsher2014

What was your best start to a round ever?

Note: This thread is 1092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

49 posts / 3181 viewsLast Reply

Best start was -2 through 4. Completely didn't know how to deal with it - I've been at -1 but never anything more than that! Put a wedge to a foot on the first, had a great scramble on 2 and did the same on 4 for a tap-in birdie. The bogeys were always going to come as I wasn't firing on all cylinders, but this start did reduce our stableford game to pretty near pointless after nine holes :-).

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1546088

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Even par thru 11.  I bogeyed the 12th and things went pear-shaped from there.  

Well hate to say but so far my best is a par 3 ... par. I was lucky once and did have my one and only birdie and couple games back,,, but, I'm still waiting for the next birdie... and par too. But I'm working on it.

My best start ever was playing the front nine at even par on my old home course from the back tees.  May not sound that great, but at the time was a relatively short driver of the ball, and playing from the back tees meant quite a few of those pars were 1 putts because I just could not get on in regulation.

Edited by scotth

Forgot to post my best start at home, ended in the best round of my life and amateur record for the course.
4 under at 7th tee. Par - Par - Birdie - Birdie - Birdie - Birdie. Ended 32-35 (5 under).

6 minutes ago, scotth said:

My best start ever was playing the front nine at even par on my old home course from the back tees.  May not sound that great, but at the time was a relatively short driver of the ball, and playing from the back tees meant quite a few of those pars were 1 putts because I just could not get on in regulation.

Your best start may not have been as low a number as someone else, but I bet it felt just as good for you as it did for him.  Congratulations!

Par, par then par 9, 43 on front I have never broke 90 from the white tees. Par 10 and 11 most pars ever from white, Par one more looking at 33 through 7 on the back with a par 4 and 5 left so I can double bogey both. Hit 16 for a 92. Still a good round for me and I normally have 2-3 holes I blow up they normally are in the middle of the rounds not 2 in a row at the end.

My best start to a round ever was birdie, birdie, par. 

My best front 9 ever was 1 over par. 

Edited by Marty2019

The time I started hole 1 with an eagle I guess.  Par 4 where I hit the second from within a 100 yards and holed out.  Luck I admit.  But barring this the last couple fo rounds I have played started with 4 or 5 pars and something like within 5 over for both front 9's.  Both ended in low 80's courtesy one or two bad holes

I don't have an exact number.  I tend to forget starts when the finishes never keep it memorable.  That said, I'd guess that it was probably something like -1 through 3 holes, give or take.  

Earlier this season, I played in a tournament with a shotgun start.  I started on the 15th hole and began my round par - par - par - double - birdie - bogey - birdie - birdie - bogey - par.  So, I was even through my first 8 holes and +1 through my first 10 holes... but then I closed it with a string of ugliness and posted +12 for the day.  

CY

After thinking back, I have started a round 1-Under after three holes at least four times. But, it never lasted...

Note: This thread is 1092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!