IGNORED

DJ or Rory?

Note: This thread is 1468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

DJ or Rory  

26 members have voted

1. 1. DJ or Rory

I went with DJ but both are great players and will win additional majors.  There is a very deep field and no golfer today is dominant. Tiger and Jack were dominant and if you recall if Tiger was not in the field for a tournament there was an unwritten asterisk next to the winner's name.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I voted neither. While both of them are very much in their prime (in terms of age) - Rory 28, Dustin 33 (and Jason Day, who should also be included in this conversation, is 29), I have this feeling that Jordan Spieth, a little bit behind behind them at aged 23, might just go on the absolute rampage and grab a bagful of majors in the next few years.

You could be right but just out of curiousity, why do you think Spieth has the best chance of going on a run? I hope I'm wrong but between Day seeming to be more of a family man now and his health issues, I could see him being a one and done 

21 hours ago, RWalker84 said:

Why do you think Spieth has the best chance of going on a run?

Just a gut feeling, that's all, which I do know, in the strange world of Sandtrap science/pseudo-science when it comes to quantitative analysis (see Tiger vs Jack thread), isn't really good enough.

He's younger than Rory, Day, and DJ. He's already won two majors. OK, he collapsed and gifted Danny Willett a green jacket, and looked shell-shocked afterwards, but I suspect he has the strength of mind to get over that. If you're looking for the next Tiger, I'd look in his direction. I just think he's going to go on a run.

Edited by ScouseJohnny

I really really want to see Jason Day get back on track but don't know how hungry he is to really try to stay on top. I think DJ and Jordan seem the most determined to be number one. I think DJ has atleast 2 or 3 more majors in him. 

On 7/9/2017 at 3:07 PM, RWalker84 said:

I really really want to see Jason Day get back on track but don't know how hungry he is to really try to stay on top. I think DJ and Jordan seem the most determined to be number one. I think DJ has atleast 2 or 3 more majors in him. 

Ugh please no.  I can't stomach anymore yoga meditation for 5 minutes before every single shot.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chris223 said:

Ugh please no.  I can't stomach anymore yoga meditation for 5 minutes before every single shot.

Haha. Seriously! 

6 hours ago, Chris223 said:

1 hour ago, Ernest Jones said:

Haha. Seriously! 

Ironically, Day said he was going to slow down this year because he thought he plays better slower. That didn't work out well.

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Ironically, Day said he was going to slow down this year because he thought he plays better slower. That didn't work out well.

Yeah, I remember him saying that. 

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, ScouseJohnny said:

He's younger than Rory, Day, and DJ. He's already won two majors. OK, he collapsed and gifted Danny Willett a green jacket, and looked shell-shocked afterwards, but I suspect he has the strength of mind to get over that. If you're looking for the next Tiger, I'd look in his direction. I just think he's going to go on a run.

I'm looking in no one's direction right now. Spieth had one great year. Over the next 11 years he needs to average 6 wins a season which includes 1 major a season to match what Tiger did. Which with the competition he is playing against would surpass Tiger's achievements.

I don't foresee him doing this. I think he's good for half of that at best. Which would make him one of the top 10 golfers of all time. He just doesn't have the overpowering ability Tiger had. His strokes gained tee to green doesn't have the top end like Tiger had. The top two golfers of all time had that top end tee to green ability that could squash a field.

Back to the topic, if we are talking about A-Game, I am going with Rory. I haven't seen DJ blow away the field like Rory can.

i voted neither also.  just like others have said too much talent for anyone to be a dominate #1.  

i kinda lean towards speith as finishing with the best resume.  he is great in all aspects of his game except driving.  but he is good enough there and his iron play is really good.  he hits a ton of greens...add in being a fair amount younger...

The only one I like watching is Spieth.  Rory's putter worries me.  I can't relate to DJ.  DJ seems like a great talent and so does Rory but I question their hunger.

Spieth to me seems the hungriest.

I think that Rory is the most dominant player. And I believe that he has not exhibited that dominance because he's wanted to be one of the guys. Rory has not wanted to assume the aura that it takes to be number one, he doesn't want the negative perception that was given to Tiger.  I do think that Rory will understand soon that to be number one you can't be the most liked player. Both tiger and Jack understood this and chose to be the dominant player as opposed to being one of the guys.

Note: This thread is 1468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!