IGNORED

What's Your favorite club and why?

Maddmaxx63
Note: This thread is 2425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lately it's a tie: Adams 2013 Tight Lies 5W with shortened shaft and Miz JPX Fli Hi 3. They get me on or near more greens. My HI problem seems to be putting and the odd stray chip from time to time. Working on that. -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Leaning toward my wedges as I feel they allow the most creativity.

Driver is a close second for the entertainment quality. Both good and bad.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:18 AM, David in FL said:

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

BTW, I'd sleep with my wedges if they wouldn't poke me in the side when I rolled over! :-D 

@David in FL enjoy your "sleep with my wedges" statement - my dad always told me "if you find a putter you like sleep with it" (: Your statement brought back fond memories of him and his friends saying that and laughing together.

Currently I feel lucky, I have bagging my Son's King Cobra Speed LD F/10.5 Driver who inherited it from my dad.  When I hit that Driver it leaves a vapor trail, it is a sight to behold and a lot of fun.  As well as my Mizuno T7 52 and 56 degree wedges in blue, oh how i like using them.  Followed by my Bettinardi BB32 putter!  I got fitted for this and man oh man is it sweet.  Averaging 31 to 32 putts per 18 and I feel like when I have it in my hands I can sink a putt from anywhere

• Upvote 1

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

@boogielicious   My swing with my seven wood is the same as my other woods. I did have a three hybrid but I couldn't hit it straight consistently.  Most of the time my hybrid would hook.  I didn't know when it would go straight or hook.  I've read that you swing the hybrid like an iron and that felt strange.  A lot about my swing and my equipment on my trip. For me I play better with the same equipment. When I left on my trip I took my  Nike  seven wood, but it did not feel the same as my tailor-made woods, so I bought a tailor-made seven wood in Wisconsin.  Man, what a great difference. I 

• Upvote 1

Any wood. The only club I won't shank.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

It used to be my 8 Iron.  I was always money with my 8 Iron.  I would lay up on Par 5's to 150 out because I knew my 8 Iron would land within 5-10 yards of the hole.  But then I lost my swing, lost control and distance on my 8 Iron.

Now, there is not a single club in the bag I would consider a "go-to" club.

My Cleveland 58 degree wedge is by far my favorite club. I love the way it feels in my hands, definitely the most confident club in the bag.

For me it is a tie between my PW and my Driver.  The PW is what I use for most shots around the green and my Driver because when I get it right the distance is good.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Hey @Jeremie Boop.

Check out what somebody is selling right by where I work.

00i0i_eRp5TRuF0UK_1200x900.jpg

Thinking about purchasing them?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I don't know what the story is re: TM Burner Bubble metals, but I have a 1-3-5 in far better condition with covers someone can have for the cost of shipping...

Edited by Midpack

55 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Thinking about purchasing them?

Just did. 

Only slight disappointment was I was hoping they were a 3W and 5W. Instead one was a driver, which I won't likely use. A backup 5W would have been nice. Got em for $40.

Now to see if I can hit that 3W anywhere near as well as the 5W.

I have a 16* Taylor Raylor that I bought new in the early 90's that has consistently been in the bag and won't leave anytime soon. Can't really call it a favorite, but fairly reliable over the years. My Callaway hybrids are also reliable, and the 4h is a go to club when nothing else is working. I have used it successfully from 152 to 185 yards.

I have upgraded the rest of the bag this summer, though, and pleased enough, though the irons and I have not completely worked out our relationship. For the first time ever, I actually have a matched set of wedges, and that is enlightening.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

My favorite clubs are my 56* custom ground Edel, and my Taylormade SLDR 3 wood. Two clubs that i'm always happy to to swing, as it seems most of the time they can do no wrong. I took out my 917f to put the sldr back in, it's just the perfect 3 wood for me. The shaft is perfect, the head looks just right, it feels like a part of me. So I guess thats at the very top of my list. 

As I stated earlier, I can't really say that I have a favorite club, but this year my 5W has been my most consistent club aside from my putter.  Just sometimes wish I could use it in more situations.  :mellow: 

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

On 7/16/2017 at 5:17 PM, djake said:

@David in FL enjoy your "sleep with my wedges" statement - my dad always told me "if you find a putter you like sleep with it" (: Your statement brought back fond memories of him and his friends saying that and laughing together.

Currently I feel lucky, I have bagging my Son's King Cobra Speed LD F/10.5 Driver who inherited it from my dad.  When I hit that Driver it leaves a vapor trail, it is a sight to behold and a lot of fun.  As well as my Mizuno T7 52 and 56 degree wedges in blue, oh how i like using them.  Followed by my Bettinardi BB32 putter!  I got fitted for this and man oh man is it sweet.  Averaging 31 to 32 putts per 18 and I feel like when I have it in my hands I can sink a putt from anywhere

I could sleep with my three Edels, but my wife likes to be the only one of my ladies in our bed. (Yes, I give my clubs names, my 3w is Kirsty (named after a fiance who passed away), my 56* is Ezri, my putter is Jadzia, and my driver is Janice, my driving iron is Deanna, and so on. 

Edited by Apoc81

15 hours ago, Apoc81 said:

I could sleep with my three Edels, but my wife likes to be the only one of my ladies in our bed. (Yes, I give my clubs names, my 3w is Kirsty (named after a fiance who passed away), my 56* is Ezri, my putter is Jadzia, and my driver is Janice, my driving iron is Deanna, and so on. 

Hilarious Apoc81 - maybe get a king sized bed to fit all of those "lady" friends.  With 4 daughters a former and The Wife I just could not name all my clubs with women's names.  Need some safe zone away from all of the bosses in my life (:  How are Edel wedges?  I have never hit them but they sure are pretty looking in the pictures

• Upvote 1

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

24 minutes ago, djake said:

With 4 daughters a former and The Wife I just could not name all my clubs with women's names.  Need some safe zone away from all of the bosses in my life (:  

Ha! That's great. 2 daughters + wife here. Understand 100% :)

I do name my drivers and putters but not people names. Good idea for a new thread.

Note: This thread is 2425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!