IGNORED

What keeps you from playing more golf?

socialputts
Note: This thread is 2388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why aren't you playing more golf?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What are the obstacles that are preventing you from playing more golf?

• Lack of available time
    • It's tough to get my buddies together
    • Too expensive
    • I don't have a lot of people to play with, and I don't like playing as a single
    • If I played any more golf my spouse would divorce me
    • If I were a better golfer I think I'd play more often
    • Nothing is stopping me, I play as much golf as I want

Time and money.  I play with my son mostly (which doubles my cost) and working with both our schedules allows us to play once or twice a week and maybe hit the driving range once or twice.

Practice is fun to me, and it's free so that's what I often do. When I do play I find myself often repelled by the pace of play.

I seem to thrive in the winter season when the course is nearly empty, and the golf is cheaper to boot.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another week of rain here.  Should have bad weather as an option.  Has rained 3 inches in the last 3 days and the courses around here once again have standing water on most of the fairways.

If it doesn't rain the rest of the summer, I am still not sure the courses near me would be dried out.

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

On 7/25/2017 at 7:36 AM, scotth said:

Another week of rain here.  Should have bad weather as an option.  Has rained 3 inches in the last 3 days and the courses around here once again have standing water on most of the fairways.

I actually considered adding bad weather as an option, but there's not a while lot we can do about that resides relocating.  Here in TX I'm sure 106 degree heat this weekend will take a toll on the number of rounds played.  My 10 yr old son's scheduled to play tomorrow afternoon at 3:30pm, not sure that's going to happen.

Sincerely, Art

595fdffb1cd64_logoforTST.jpg.9637d0539d0818684c1ee7c2f23bfb3a.jpg

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

I haven't played as much in the past couple years.......My teenage son is active and I never miss watching him do his "THANG".   My daughter is already grown and moved out, and my wife and I will be empty nesters in 2-3 years.  It's all good!  I'll have the rest of my life to "AMP UP" the golf schedule.  LOL   Golf has never been an issue with my wife....  If it wasn't for my son's activities, my normal routine is playing at first light on the weekends, and 2-3 evenings during the week...it's never been a wife issue.  An easy route to 125-175 rounds per year.  Plus... I think she's happy to have me out of the house a few evenings......LOL   Because I play early on the weekends, my weekend golf schedule is never a problem.   I'm normally home by 10-11am on the weekends, so it's not like it kills the weekend plans. 

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Time is what I voted for.  Money can be a stopper from time to time when the business is sucking in more then giving out. 

The Wife likes it when I play 9, considerably less time away compared to 18 and everything involved with a full round.

My wife is awesome regarding me and golf as she knows that golf is a stress relief for me.  I enjoy going to the range and hitting a small bucket then heading over to the putting green as much or even more then playing a round.  She also likes to play but doesn't get out as much as she would like to due to a recent knee surgery. 

I will play as many rounds or more all alone then with someone, I do not have many friends but I do have a couple friends that I really enjoy golfing with.  Regrettably one is moving across the country.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

I play less than I'd like because of physical limitations.  I've had some back problems recently which are doing much better lately.  But if I do more than about one round and one range session per week I start to feel it again.  So unfortunately I'm limiting it to that.

On 7/10/2017 at 5:10 PM, DeadMan said:

Time. I have a full time job and a toddler at home. It's not easy to just leave for 2+ hours to play golf.

This.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• 2 months later...

I wanted to take a second to thank everyone for responding to this survey and providing your thoughts and feedback.  As the Founder of SocialPutts, I've taken your input to heart and we are adjusting our app. and approach.  For the past month or so we've been working hard and not playing as much golf or interacting on TST as I'd like.  Looking forward to diving back in!

Sincerely, Art

595fdffb1cd64_logoforTST.jpg.9637d0539d0818684c1ee7c2f23bfb3a.jpg

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

For me it's desire.

Theres also a smaller factor of time/cost.  

If the course I am closest to had a nine hole rate I would play a little more.

The primary thing for me is desire though...I get a little burnt going several rounds a week.  I have more fun playing very fresh and letting desire build before going out there.

I still play a ton of golf, especially in the summer time, but my daughter now plays basketball on an elite AAU traveling team that has pretty much taken over my families' life for the last couple years. It has definitely slowed me down as we travel a great deal and she has tournaments most weekends April- August. 

Working at a golf course at least makes the cost of playing a non factor. I haven't paid for a green fee in town for several years.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I only play once or twice a week and practice maybe 2 times, but I voted nothing is stopping me even though I could play 18 every morning, but the game would get incredibly boring to me. 6 months ago, I kind of burned out on it too. Even a year ago, I was starting to post more than play.

So, I play as much as I want.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Prob like most, that Job thing gets in the way.  Sometimes its tough to round up the boys... usually I can get 1 or 2 to play our Sat morn time.  That works best for me as then I have the rest of the day to do stuff with my son.

Wont play as a single... not fun.  Tough to play during the week as leagues are here and there.  No practice area near me has hampered my game a bit but I still go out cause I love this game!!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

4 yr old, 1 yr old.   Full Time job.  Atlanta Traffic, You name it.  Been considering a skytrak for the garage in the winter so I can at least work on my swing and get some data

It's a mix for me. 

First off, weather. I only golf in the early spring & fall. I hate the heat & humidity of the summer, and I'm a big guy, so no point sweating your butt off during that time of the year. 

It can be a little expensive at times. I'm not made of money, sadly, and like many others, have to prioritize expenses, bills, etc. As bad as I am, I like to keep it under $50 when I golf and can justify the cost since I don't go out too often, and still have hand me down clubs from a family member, that are about 10-15 years old. Newer clubs would be nice, but right now it's hard to justify $350 to $500 for a quality set of golf clubs. 

My golfing buddy travels a lot for work as well, so it's all based on his schedule at times, which is understandable. 

Still always have a good time, though. 

I voted Lack of Time, but weather is a big factor too. It seems whenever I do have time the weather always craps out on me. Same with camping. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Lack of time vote here.

I work full time and am in grad school full time, so even getting to the range is tough.

About the only thing outside of work or school that I do is the gym at 5:30-6AM, grocery shopping, laundry, eating, and sleeping.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

The poll results are interesting, especially the 17% who play as much as they want. So roughly 1 out of 5 golfers.. is either retired, rich in time, or completely unattached. 

I would get better fast if I could play anytime I wanted. Right now I'm on the lifer plan, which is to say, I plan to play the rest of my life and maybe one day 10 years from now I'll be pretty good. 

Note: This thread is 2388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!