IGNORED

What keeps you from playing more golf?

socialputts
Note: This thread is 2384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why aren't you playing more golf?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What are the obstacles that are preventing you from playing more golf?

• Lack of available time
    • It's tough to get my buddies together
    • Too expensive
    • I don't have a lot of people to play with, and I don't like playing as a single
    • If I played any more golf my spouse would divorce me
    • If I were a better golfer I think I'd play more often
    • Nothing is stopping me, I play as much golf as I want

Picked lack of time, but bear in mind I only started 18 months ago I'm fully in the early addiction stage where when I'm not playing I'm reading up on equipment, trying to work through swing flaws and fit in a full time job, wife and kids. So def not enough hours in the day for me...

Jones Carry Bag *** Titleist 975D 10.5  *** Wilson Staff FG Tour  4 - pw *** Callaway Mac Daddy 52 deg & 58 deg *** Nike Method Mod 90

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, PaddyMac said:

Picked lack of time, but bear in mind I only started 18 months ago I'm fully in the early addiction stage where when I'm not playing I'm reading up on equipment, trying to work through swing flaws and fit in a full time job, wife and kids. So def not enough hours in the day for me...

Yay, PaddyMac! I too have known the addiction, and I'll wager everyone else on this forum has too! One thing though from an old hi capper... You used the term "swing flaws". Pretty soon you'll be thinking "There is something wrong with [me] [my swing] [my abilities] [what else?]" The earlier you can ditch the negative ideas like "There's something wrong", the sooner you can find the joy of it all. But as my son says, if you want to listen to the ramblings of a crazy old man, talk to my Dad!" :-D Best wishes to you, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

10 hours ago, MarvChamp said:

You used the term "swing flaws". Pretty soon you'll be thinking "There is something wrong with [me] [my swing] [my abilities] [what else?]" The earlier you can ditch the negative ideas like "There's something wrong", the sooner you can find the joy of it all. -Hi I need a favour will you let Michael know that padlock key for the buggys is sitting on top of the boiler in the little shed across from where the buggys are. He can give me a bell on this number if he wants , thanks Paddy

Sage advice ..Thanks Marv

Edited by PaddyMac

Jones Carry Bag *** Titleist 975D 10.5  *** Wilson Staff FG Tour  4 - pw *** Callaway Mac Daddy 52 deg & 58 deg *** Nike Method Mod 90

This morning the rain storm with thunder and lightning.......  Not happy (:

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

Weather play a part for me. Courses close late October to late march/early april. Thanksgiving weekend up here. My wife and I are playing today, high of 51 and Monday, going up to 58. Sunny both days. Looks like it might be over. High 30's with snow next week.

We still work so once a week gives us time to do chores.

Thank goodness we discovered simulators at the indoor practice area.

I play every day Monday through Friday and used to play Saturday and Sunday but, the course is too crowded on the weekends for me. I can't take playing a 4 1/2 to 5 hour round of golf.

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

8 hours ago, uitar9 said:

Weather play a part for me. Courses close late October to late march/early april. Thanksgiving weekend up here. My wife and I are playing today, high of 51 and Monday, going up to 58. Sunny both days. Looks like it might be over. High 30's with snow next week.

We still work so once a week gives us time to do chores.

Thank goodness we discovered simulators at the indoor practice area.

She’s a trooper. Only snowed twice during the round. 

Time is the #1 culprit.  Work always seems to get in the way of my golf game.  If it's not time, then it's the weather.  This year has been unusual September here in the Rockies as it rained a lot more than usual.

I am hoping it doesn't snow too much in the foothills of the Rockies this winter and that all the snow ends up on the slopes so I can snowboard in the morning and play golf in the afternoon.  Oh and that work doesn't get in the way.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 2384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!