IGNORED

Question on what can affect your game

Note: This thread is 2462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

19 hours ago, Shindig said:

I'm with you.  But as @dennyjones points out, not everyone has a fulfilling job.

A little over four years ago I would certainly have agreed with the statement. 

22 hours ago, dennyjones said:

You are lucky to have a rewarding job.   Most people don't find fulfillment in their job, other than a paycheck.   Being retired, I still think a bad day of golf is better than a day at work... and I'm not working anymore.

58 minutes ago, swffjvl said:

I have to agree. I work 2 jobs and at this point in life, neither are fulfilling. My wife constantly reminds me of that and to find something that is. I have been with my day Job 38yrs, am now 60, and just want to finish with it and retire.

Generalities of course. I understand that some people don't have fulfilling jobs.

It's the pervasiveness of the worst day/best day cliche, that I was commenting on. I can't imagine what life would be like if it were true or maybe I just don't want to.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Absolutely everything and anything can affect my game.  From asserting myself to a foursome that wasn't going to let me play-through on the first tee to a conversation I had two days ago!

There's nothing more frustrating than going out one day and hitting the ball well and then going out the next and feeling like you couldn't hit the ground if you tripped.

I start every round and sometimes every hole with a simple mantra:  "Humility. Humor. Patience."  Humility because I have to accept the bad and good shots with equanimity.  It also lets me enjoy the good shots more because instead of being exasperated and thinking "why can't I do that every time!?"  I'm just thinking, "that was a nice shot."  Humor because I have to be able to laugh at myself and the good and bad bounces.  Patience because nothing good will come from rushing my shots.

I haven't shaved 10 strokes off my round for doing this but I enjoy my time on the course a lot more.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, krupa said:

but I enjoy my time on the course

I, of course, am looking to improve, but the above is my reason for going out there.

Cobra Max Irons......Cobra F7 Hybrid..... 

A cheap Wedge and Driver I picked up online....

A bunch of Balls.... and a bag for it all.

Note: This thread is 2462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!