IGNORED

Bucket list courses you got to play!

scotth
Note: This thread is 2465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Crystal Downs - tell me how that was. It is on my bucket list, but I haven't found any connections to members, or course staff there.

I work with a guy who works at Crystal Downs. He mentioned an opportunity to get me on the course this year. I told him bringing me to that course would be like inviting the Jethro Bodine (Beverly Hillbillies) and would only tarnish his reputation. :-D

The course is about 30 minutes from my house, but I blew it off because I don't believe they let just anyone play it.

Plus, there are so many nice courses up here.

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great topic.

I was fortunate enough to play TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course recently.  That checked off just playing a course the Pros play.

After that I would say either Augusta or St. Andrews.

3 hours ago, todgot said:

Planning a trip to Scotland in the next 1 to 2 years for Scotch and Golf... anyone want to tag along? 

Wife and I got back in June from 3 weeks in Scotland and it was Scotch and golf. What a fabulous time it was. Did a 3 hr tasting at Talisker and walked away with a few liters to bring home. Golfed Gleneagles, Tain, Brora, Royal Dornach, St Andrews Eden, New and Old. What an experience, Do it! 

I'd like to play Augusta, and any other of the wonderful courses we have here in USA or North America. We go to Vegas enough so we'll get on Shadow Creek, and we'll go back Scotland maybe Ireland but it'll be a few years. 

What a game!

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

I played Torrey Pines, which is an incredibly beautiful course, but not particularly hard to get on or anything.

The true bucket list course I got to play is Ballyneal in Colorado. That place is paradise on earth. I need to get back there.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

(edited)
14 hours ago, iSank said:

Wife and I got back in June from 3 weeks in Scotland and it was Scotch and golf. What a fabulous time it was. Did a 3 hr tasting at Talisker and walked away with a few liters to bring home. Golfed Gleneagles, Tain, Brora, Royal Dornach, St Andrews Eden, New and Old. What an experience, Do it! 

That's right, you owe us a little bit of a trip report!  I'm not complaining, it took me about 6 months to write one up after my Scotland trips, but I'd love to read all about it.

Edited by DaveP043

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

TPC Sawgrass, Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, Royal County Down, Pasatiempo, Bethpage Black would be the ones that most people are aware of. Also have been able to play some of the more "famous" local private clubs over the years through friends and friends of friends...

Oh, I will add that I've played a couple of "tour event" courses around the country, but they aren't all so called "bucket list" courses for many people.

Edited by RayG

So far, the only 'bucket list' course I've played is the Ocean Course at Kiawah.  

I'm working on Pinehurst #2, TPC Sawgrass and TPC Scottsdale which I'm hoping to play next spring.

Until then... I live vicariously though others who have had an opportunity to scratch a few off their lists.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

20 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Well even so, I'm sure it will be a slice of heaven given the fantastic golfers that will be be there.

Sorry. I wasn't aware of the event so I didn't make the connection. I stand corrected.

So far have played Bayhills as a bucket list course. Playing Streamsong Blue tomorrow and Red on Saturday most possibly. Interestingly spur of the moment thing since was unexpectedly able to tag along with wife for her work conference down here in Orlando.

Cabot Cliffs and Cabot Links next year..

Vishal S.

St> Annes old course, Turnberry, Links at Crowbush Cove. 

My favorite courses are all Links courses, it's what I grew up on, and my home course is one of the nicest Links courses in North America. PEI, Canada is golf heaven. I only wish I had taken golf as seriously as I took hockey as a child. I was scratch before I was 18, and I only played summers. Then came university hockey, women, partying, and golf took a backseat for a few years, until I met the first of the two loves of my life (she passed away from cancer), who was a university golfer. I started playing pretty much daily with her. Now I golf with my wife a few times a week (we met on the golf course), and we both golf seperately with our own friends a couple of times a week. I'm quite lucky that EVERY vacation is a golf vacation, and we both have lists of courses we want to play. We generally vacation twice a winter, for two weeks each time. Next choice of location is hers, so I'm guessing we'll be playing golf in Hawaii or some other godawful hot locale. But in march, I fully intend at playing 12-18 rounds at pebble beach and surrounding clubs. 

A bit of a ramble and off topic, but it's wonderful having a young wife (26, but she'd kill me if I alluded to her as anything but young, and I turned 36 last weekend, sooo...) who loves travel and golf. 

Bethpage Black is on the list for both of us as well. 

Edited by Apoc81

Note: This thread is 2465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!