IGNORED

Is your Summer slipping away?

todgot
Note: This thread is 2422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 7/20/2017 at 10:40 PM, todgot said:

In Spokane, summer starts July 4th and ends August 30th.  I went to an outdoor concert last night and regretted not bringing a sweater.  

It looks like Spokane has chilly nights even in summer.

http://www.rssweather.com/climate/Washington/Spokane/

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

It's typical 95+ degree weather for the last two weeks.

I still see some players out on the course. My club has some true die hard gamers. :) But, it looks like I'm going to have to sacrifice 3 weeks of the summer.

This time off, just makes me more eager to come back and make up for the lost time. I always come back refreshed.

When the temp is is too high to play, I still drive by my golf course and driving range - and wish I was out there. It's beautiful.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, David in FL said:

Gloating?  I can't wait for October.  God it's hot this summer!  :~(

October is nice in New England too. I would say it's my favorite month because the courses aren't crowded, the temperature is perfect for me and the foliage stunning. 

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

24 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

October is nice in New England too. I would say it's my favorite month because the courses aren't crowded, the temperature is perfect for me and the foliage stunning. 

I do miss the fall foliage on the golf courses in New England.  The Maine State Golf Assoc. has a great weekly tournament schedule and the Country Clubs that you got to play were always during the fall and had great weather and foliage.

But I certainly don't miss the winters.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

3 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I do miss the fall foliage on the golf courses in New England.  The Maine State Golf Assoc. has a great weekly tournament schedule and the Country Clubs that you got to play were always during the fall and had great weather and foliage.

But I certainly don't miss the winters.  

We are not allowed to utter the W word in July!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Y'all need a Golf Evolution indoor facility. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

43 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Yeah.  When I was in Wisconsin I always said that I didn't mind 12 months in the year, but I wished that 6 were July and 6 were October!  

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yea when are you coming over to open one?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, billchao said:

Yea when are you coming over to open one?

Soon as a partner surfaces to franchise it.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Last year in Michigan, we golfed from late March until early November.   That's unusual but we rarely have a day during the summer that is too hot to golf.   I think being a snowbird would be the best of both worlds.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On 7/21/2017 at 6:00 AM, iacas said:

Well… to the OP:

• How much do you practice versus play? And by "practice" I mean properly.
  • Yes, get the GG.
  • You're not far from @mchepp and he plays year-round, I think…?

Spokane is a pretty different weather pattern from Portland. They have a legitimate winter with snow and all that kinda stuff, they are much drier though. We can play all year but for much of the winter it ain't much fun, sloppy wet golf.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 8:44 AM, iacas said:

You build one here, and I will run it for you! :)

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

First round of league playoffs tonight....sigh...golf season we hardly knew ye..

Although the league guys still get together and golf well into October so golf won't actually be over for another 1.5 months or so.

I am at winter rigth now! 1 month away from spring, can´t wait to have longer days, less rain and warmer days to play golf. No wife or girlfriend so i have all the time in the world for me and my golf passion.  

Even when I lived in New Jersey, I couldn't stand summer.  I just don't play well when I'm uncomfortable.  Living in South Carolina now... playing during the summer is a chore.  Forget practice.  I've literally been to the course for some practice sessions that lasted 20 minutes before I would slink off into the 19th hole for some air conditioning.  

Every time I check the weather apps for the last 2+ months, it's been a high 90's temperature with a heat index of 110+.  It SUCKS.

I do a majority of my most effective practice in late September, October, February and March.  It's comfortable... I enjoy being outside during those times... and I don't have any excuses.  

I'm very much looking forward to football season and some slightly more comfortable temperatures.  I don't really leave my couch on Sunday's (unless I have something scheduled)... and Saturday's in the south mean the courses are primarily empty because everybody is watching the Clemson, USC or UNC games.

Count me among those who are eagerly counting down the weeks remaining until there's a break in the oppressive heat.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

1 hour ago, Fairway_CY said:

Count me among those who are eagerly counting down the weeks remaining until there's a break in the oppressive heat.

In the original post I kindly asked people in year round golf locations not to gloat.  :-P 

1 hour ago, Fairway_CY said:

Every time I check the weather apps for the last 2+ months, it's been a high 90's temperature with a heat index of 110+.  It SUCKS.

I grew up in Las Vegas and we would even play in the 110 degree heat... but it was a dry heat.  I would not be able to tolerate the humidity you live in and would be right next to you in the clubhouse. 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

1 hour ago, todgot said:

In the original post I kindly asked people in year round golf locations not to gloat.  :-P 

I grew up in Las Vegas and we would even play in the 110 degree heat... but it was a dry heat.  I would not be able to tolerate the humidity you live in and would be right next to you in the clubhouse. 

Haha!  Sorry 'bout that.  I definitely wasn't gloating... more complaining, actually.  

;-)

One of my buddies lives in Arizona.  He's originally from Minnesota.  He won't go outside in the summer for anything.  I don't want to feel 110 degrees... dry, humid or otherwise.  

If you find yourself down this way in the summer... pull up a seat and I'll buy ya a drink to help cool you off!  

CY

• Like 1

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Note: This thread is 2422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!