IGNORED

Career grand slam - who gets it first, Spieth or McIlroy?

Note: This thread is 1296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The next career grand slam  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Spieth or McIlroy - who gets a career grand slam first?

• Spieth
    • McIlroy
    • A career grand slam is too hard. Neither will complete the grand slam.

So now that both McIlroy and Spieth each have 3 of the 4 grand slam titles, who will be the first to win all four? Spieth has the momentum. McIlroy looks like he's lost his mojo, but you never know when he'll heat up, it could be in April. Or maybe this is it for them? 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• nevets88 changed the title to Career grand slam - who gets it first, Spieth or McIlroy?
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What will really curb Speith's achievements are if he: Dates a tennis star. (unless she's really hot! But just make it casual) Changes club manufacturer (DON'T!) Get's engaged (Wel

Spieth. To borrow He is the king of ugly pars. It is uncanny how he just hangs on and on with a B game in comparison to Rory.

The next 3 courses for the PGA 2017 Quail Hollow 2018 Bellerive 2019 Bethpage Black for the Masters Augusta National, Augusta National, Augusta National Really kind of a toss up - ea

Posted Images

Spieth. To borrow He is the king of ugly pars. It is uncanny how he just hangs on and on with a B game in comparison to Rory.

• Upvote 1

The next 3 courses for the PGA
2017 Quail Hollow
2018 Bellerive
2019 Bethpage Black

for the Masters
Augusta National, Augusta National, Augusta National

Really kind of a toss up - easy to say Spieth after today, but throw out the first 9 of 39 (+5) and he is right in the mix.
Sure Rory didn't play great, but neither did Jordan - either can win without playing their best.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

The next 3 courses for the PGA
2017 Quail Hollow
2018 Bellerive
2019 Bethpage Black

for the Masters
Augusta National, Augusta National, Augusta National

Really kind of a toss up - easy to say Spieth after today, but throw out the first 9 of 39 (+5) and he is right in the mix.
Sure Rory didn't play great, but neither did Jordan - either can win without playing their best.

When was the last time Rory really played great in a major? Hes had a couple final round strong finishes to get some back door top5s, but I am struggling to think of a major since his 2014 PGA win when he was really in the thick of it in the final round.

I'll vote Spieth now and every year in mid April... and change my vote every year to McIlroy in mid August or so (or May if the schedule ends up changing)

:P

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

McIlroy hasn't played the same since he broke up with the tennis player.   Add in the equipment change ...  He's not done but not now...

He did finish 4th today though, so he can't be THAT far away, can he?

• Upvote 1

I voted Spieth. Rory just doesn't have it for any more majors. Spieth has that deep desire that I think Rory has lost. 

• Upvote 1

I voted Spieth (as I see everyone else has) but mostly because the PGA is a tournament I feel he's actually best suited for, not because I automatically think he's a better player. I would still bet that McIlroy ends up with more majors.

21 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I voted Spieth. Rory just doesn't have it for any more majors. Spieth has that deep desire that I think Rory has lost. 

Good God.

Given Jordans history at the Masters, he just plays that course as good as anyone  save for 1 hole in 2016.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's a 3 time Masters champ by age 28.  Rory has to beat Jordan at Augusta as much as the rest of the field lol

Edited by Chris223

I think they will both get it, hell Jordan might do it this year. If Rory gets his balls busted some, he might win the Masters sooner than later. Jordan wants it more though.

10 hours ago, dennyjones said:

McIlroy hasn't played the same since he broke up with the tennis player.   Add in the equipment change ...  He's not done but not now...

Not true. After he dumped her in 2014 he went on that mad run starting at Wentworth and then winning 2 majors and a WGC in a couple of months. He said that during that time he basically did nothing but practice golf. I suspect that he has lost that desire again.

I voted McIlroy. I just think he's a better player. And I think if/when he wins another, a few more will follow pretty quickly.

Note: This thread is 1296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!