IGNORED

Anyone Wear UV/Sun Sleeves?

Shindig
Note: This thread is 1106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Billy Z said:

For those who wear the sun sleeves, and even for those who do not, how many of you wear a long pant instead of shorts? My legs, especially along the shin bone area, get brutally chaffed and burnt by the sun. How do you protect your legs? Sun sleeves for the arms sounds like a great idea, how about the legs?

I always wear pants. The modern light-weight fabrics do a pretty good job of staying cool/moisture wicking. But it usually doesn’t get much hotter than 80F where I live, and 65-75F is more typical. If it’s really hot, I’ll wear a lighter color pair.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/3/2021 at 6:00 AM, Billy Z said:

For those who wear the sun sleeves, and even for those who do not, how many of you wear a long pant instead of shorts? My legs, especially along the shin bone area, get brutally chaffed and burnt by the sun. How do you protect your legs? Sun sleeves for the arms sounds like a great idea, how about the legs?

When I wear shorts, I use sunblock on my legs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Butch

On 4/2/2021 at 1:03 PM, Darkfrog said:

I should try some of these. I hate sunscreen, but I'm diligent about sun protection so I resort to wearing a lightweight long sleeve undershirt under my golf shirt, but the UV sleeves seem like they would be more comfortable and practical.

Ditto for me.  That's why I always wear UV sleeves so I don't have to put sunscreen on my arms.

Although, I do have to put sunscreen on my face even with a hat.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

On 4/3/2021 at 10:00 AM, Billy Z said:

I almost always wear trousers when golfing.  I will occasionally wear shorts but trousers is a simpler option for me.  I feel cooler in them and it prevents me getting dirty/scratched while walking on the course

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

On 4/3/2021 at 9:02 AM, Darkfrog said:

I always wear pants. The modern light-weight fabrics do a pretty good job of staying cool/moisture wicking. But it usually doesn’t get much hotter than 80F where I live, and 65-75F is more typical. If it’s really hot, I’ll wear a lighter color pair.

Sunscreen on the legs, UV sleeves on the arms. From about May to October or November it's shorts weather here. I have a few pairs of lightweight golf pants, but they are still a bit warm in the summer heat.

On 4/3/2021 at 7:00 AM, Billy Z said:

I always wear long pants.  It is cooler than shorts as it keeps the direct sun off the skin.  Here in the mile high city, the sun is intense.

Long pants and UV sleeves.  Only place I wear sunscreen is my face.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 1106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!