IGNORED

NFL 2017-2018

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 2243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

56 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

God I hate being a Browns fan.

Go Tribe!

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Go Tribe!

True...but I've always held the Browns higher than any Cleveland sports team.  It's pathetic.

I didn't even watch the game.  My thought process was this:  If they win, it's a pleasant surprise.  If they lose then I don't even want to waste my time agonizing over it.  I had a lot of stuff to do around the house and after I checked my phone a couple times I knew I made the right decision.

Might tune back in when Garrett and Collins are back on defense.  Is it sad that I hope Gordon is reinstated?  Pin a slight bit of hope on a chronic marijuana offender?  They have NOTHING on offense at the skill position.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

11 hours ago, NCGolfer said:

God I hate being a Browns fan.

I was listening to the Browns' radio post-game on my way back from the course yesterday. Those guys were absolutely beside themselves. Even compared with the Queen City Horror Show (Bengals) back in the 90s, I've never heard anybody on radio sound more depressed.

3 hours ago, pmack18 said:

As a loyal & foolish Lions fan, I completely understand. 

Would GLADLY trade you teams and ownership right now...and throw in a bag of chips.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

2 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

Would GLADLY trade you teams and ownership right now...and throw in a bag of chips.

Our ownerships are just as equally bad, sadly. But on the plus side, Martha Ford at least seems to have a clue as to what is going on, unlike her husband who was just about clueless to absolutely everything for far too many years. 

Rebuilding since 1957, I always say. :-(

Barf.

The RBs are killing me this year. 

First Johnson goes out in week one. Last week, my number 2, Ty Montgomery injures (breaks?) his ribs on the first, freaking series. Now, somehow, there is still speculation that Ty may play this week. I had to scramble to get a replacement and now I get to play the waiting game.

2-2 is a freaking miracle right now, but it ain't looking good.

• 4 weeks later...

Loving this season so far. I'm a huge fan of sports when it's unpredictable and it's great seeing so many teams seeming like they've got a shot this year. Definitely helps that my Rams are still going strong and looking awesome under McVay! Goff still isn't anywhere near the finished article, but he hasn't really lost us games this year (maybe the Seahawks one but he did everything possible to turn it around at the end) and is putting us in position to score. Everything crossed that we don't screw this up and finally manage to make the playoffs...!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

11 minutes ago, b101 said:

my Rams

I had a double-take on this given their recent cross-country move from St. Louis and then noticed you are English. The good folks of Missouri are probably still a little upset and LA doesn't seem to be showing up to watch them.

Yes, they have been surprisingly good. A bit frustrating for me personally as I had Mr. Gurley on my fantasy football team the other year when he struggled. My brother and I watched him pile up 32 points (a lot) against San Fran and then another 27 against Dallas. I couldn't believe it.

4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

I had a double-take on this given their recent cross-country move from St. Louis and then noticed you are English. The good folks of Missouri are probably still a little upset and LA doesn't seem to be showing up to watch them.

Yes, they have been surprisingly good. A bit frustrating for me personally as I had Mr. Gurley on my fantasy football team the other year when he struggled. My brother and I watched him pile up 32 points (a lot) against San Fran and then another 27 against Dallas. I couldn't believe it.

Ha, yes - it would look a little strange. Having no immediate ties to the NFL, I started watching it about four years back and loved learning about a new sport that is an entire culture. I had no team, but given that for football (soccer), I'm a Man Utd fan, I wanted a young team that were underdogs, so picked the Rams (the guy who was my best man is also a Derby County supporter, who are football's 'Rams', which kind of sealed it). Didn't realise quite how tough it would be, but I really like not supporting a favourite for once. I've also become massively disillusioned with the stupid money in football and the soulless nature of it, hence me getting more and more into the NFL. 

Completely understand the STL fans being gutted about it and franchises moving remains the one aspect of the NFL that I really don't get - it's very different to sport over here, where teams are based where they are founded. I'm hoping it'll come around in LA, and I'm sure that us and the Chargers winning a few games will help.

On half-term holiday this week so I may even put myself through the drudgery of Ravens-Dolphins, just for kicks...

• Like 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

It's going to be a good weekend as a Giants fan.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, b101 said:

Completely understand the STL fans being gutted about it and franchises moving remains the one aspect of the NFL that I really don't get - it's very different to sport over here, where teams are based where they are founded. I'm hoping it'll come around in LA, and I'm sure that us and the Chargers winning a few games will help.

Definitely a very unattractive thing, these teams that cities identify with so much moving. Being from southern Ohio (Cincinnati is 50 miles away), we saw our neighbors to the north in Cleveland lose their most precious franchise in the mid 90s. They got a new franchise (also named the Browns) a few years later, but it's never been the same for them.

A bit off topic, but I'm your exact opposite. My buddy got me into English soccer a number of years ago and I saw Wolves pull off a surprise result against Man U at Old Trafford under Mick McCarthy. Of course, they got relegated twice in a row shortly after that and we hardly ever get to see them on the tube now. Maybe a League Cup tie or something. ... Many of us played a sort of soccer when we were kids, but it's like a whole new sport to get into after they started showing it on a regular basis over here.

Ok Browns fans, what in the world happened on that McCarron trade?

Not for nothing, but this is really unfortunate for the Bengals that this didn't come off. McCarron is never going to be the starter down there and they'll never be offered as much as the Browns did here. Laughing at the dysfunction or miss-function of the Browns as all well and good normally, but this one is going to hurt Cincinnati.

On 11/1/2017 at 8:59 AM, mcanadiens said:

Ok Browns fans, what in the world happened on that McCarron trade?

Not for nothing, but this is really unfortunate for the Bengals that this didn't come off. McCarron is never going to be the starter down there and they'll never be offered as much as the Browns did here. Laughing at the dysfunction or miss-function of the Browns as all well and good normally, but this one is going to hurt Cincinnati.

My immediate thought was that Hue wanted him and the FO botched it on purpose. 

Dysfunction fo sho

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

18 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

My immediate thought was that Hue wanted him and the FO botched it on purpose. 

Dysfunction fo sho

Is that Sashi Brown? That guy just denied it. 

Just think, Cincy could have taken a couple of offensive linemen there and had a better chance at decency by 2019.

Between the NFL teams and the nightmare season in Columbus for the big state school, it has been a horrible year for Ohio football.

Note: This thread is 2243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!