IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge August 2017

Note: This thread is 2400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8/21:

Played 18 today during the start of the eclipse.     I'd like to say the eclipse affected my last three holes but no....I can't say the sun got in my eyes.   One guy that I joined on #16 brought his mig welding helmet and it was cool to see the sun thru that.  

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

August 21, priority piece from latest evolvr.  Ball, but it wasn't going to move.  Indoors.  Swing to the top, try to hit my shoulder (not really, just the feeling) on the downswing.  I need a lot more lag.  

My new mat is supposed to come in on Friday, and then I'll get and hang a mirror once I have a place I like the mat in so I can see Face On without having to physically rotate (the existing mirror in the room, I can't do a backswing while looking into it FO).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

8/22/17:

I think Ed had a point. 30 balls in the practice area today with various clubs. 27 out of 30 on the green. From AW to 6i 5 balls each I missed one from 155 with a 7i and one from 170 with a 6i, and rushed a 130 yard 9i but other than that this slower takeaway and backswing is working well.

Just hope I can have it hold up this weekend and hopefully next.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

In my office, practicing A4 to A5 with an umbrella (no ball).  I take the backswing to A4, make sure I get hands up, and then try to get the feel I'm striving for with my transition with the umbrella.  I don't think my boss reads TST.   I may post my frustrations in a related instructional thread. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Aug. 22

Rainy day. Practiced putting in my living room for 10 minutes. Focused on quiet hand takeaway. (Was a little twitchy the last time I played.)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Aug. 23

Got in hour-long resistance workout / upper body / before work.

Got in some flexibility work also with the TrueStretch 8-station golf workout.

In resistance workout, the diagonal pulldown exercise ends with hands in line for forward-lean impact position.

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

8/23/17:

145 consecutive days.

I probably won't win Member Of The Year. But I worked on my putting for about 15 minutes this morning in my living room. The first few minutes I was rushing my stroke a bit and pulling putts. So I grabbed my metal ruler (mine is 48 inches) and started putting down it trying to putt it off the end. After about 7 minutes off grooving my stroke and 15 in a row off the end. I putted 20 from 12' and made 9 of them and lipped out a couple others. That's damn good from 12'.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Long day, but itching to get in front of a mirror to look at my A4 to A5 because I had an idea.  I think I'm getting the angle better.  Unfortunately, the one range I can get to tomorrow, I can't get FO video at so I won't know for a bit.  Aaargh!  Either way, practiced A1 to A5, with an emphasis on A4 to A5.  This is going to be a big priority piece when it's done, and wow is it frustrating.  If it weren't for the daily practice challenge (and being so close to getting a month for the first time in two years or so!), I can see myself putting this off and putting this off... but I'm going to be glad I didn't. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Aug. 24

Practiced putting in living room for 10 minutes before leaving for work-related evening banquet.

August 24.  Another day with just five minutes, not much more.  Backswing, hands high at A4, and I'm getting the angle more consistently at A5 that I need.  Maybe some things are starting to click?  It's all slow at the moment though ... but tomorrow my mat is supposed to arrive so here's hoping.

-- Michael | My swing! 

8/24/17:

Pitching practice in the yard focusing on presetting my weight.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Aug. 25

Monday is season final round of local Amateur circuit.

Today I spent about a half hour charting course plan for the front nine. Earlier this week I had printed out the Google Earth segments of the course.

GolfBlue website has interactive hole diagrams for the course for measuring yardage points, but the images are very low resolution for print-outs.  

8/25/17:

Slow swings without a club this morning at work... Focusing on weight shift.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

August 26.  My mat tried to be delivered, but I didn't realize it needed a signature, so I wasn't here.  So my swings remain slow, not making contact (haven't had time for the range).  The angle is a bit more natural, but I think I'd hesitate to speed this up, even if I had the mat to swing on.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!