IGNORED

Sad story about David Feherty's son

Wanzo
Note: This thread is 2458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My heart goes out to the family.  Agree with the sentiments above about what a massive problem this is for those unfortunate enough to get caught up in drugs.

And not just those addicted either- families, friends, and beyond. Just devastating emotionally, medically and financially for so many. 

In our thoughts, David Feherty.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A father's worst nightmare.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Such a terrible thing for anyone to have to deal with. Especially a son or daughter. My heart goes out to Feherty and family.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I hate drugs. I hate drug dealers. :-(

So do I. But without customers they are without a job, so let's not blame them and them alone.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Sorry to hear that about Feherty's son.

16 hours ago, Kalnoky said:

Leading cause of death for Americans under 50. 

Wow, I did not know this. I would not have guessed either.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

A friend of mine just lost a son two months ago from suicide. A parents worst nightmare is to lose a child. My heart goes out to the Feherty family.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So sad.  As the father of 17 and 15 year old boys this really hits home.  As they enter the years of experimentation and start to get exposed to the world of alcohol and drugs it is a constant worry.

5 hours ago, Shorty said:

So do I. But without customers they are without a job, so let's not blame them and them alone.

Let also not blur the line between the predators and the prey. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

1 hour ago, Ernest Jones said:

Let also not blur the line between the predators and the prey. 

Absolutely.

I have sympathy for the user.  None at all for the dealer.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

18 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Maybe, but just the number of people I know (or know of) personally has gone up suddenly.

Not really family or close friends so far, but a bunch of people associated with people. It almost feels like its closing in. Getting way closer to home than these sort of things ever had before.

It's crazy, three years ago lost an old friend that way. He went to sleep and didn't wake up. Last year another school friend, we were not close anymore but I knew him since we were five. It blows my mind to think about how much I feel this is happening.  If there is one thing I want to get through to my kids it's that some mistakes you don't get to make twice so think things through and don't be afraid to say no or walk away. 

Condolences to Feherty, such a tragedy. 

Edited by Gator Hazard
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

It blows my mind to think about how much I feel this is happening. 

We're in a very serious epidemic/health crisis. Nancy Reagan must be rolling over.

I believe there was a similar opioid scourge right after the Civil War, maybe someone more familiar w/ history can correct me on this..

This is tragic, of course.

I have a good friend who lost his first son through substance abuse few years ago.

According to him, he knew that some day his son would be gone..... which in a way made things a little more "acceptable", for lack of better word.

But my friend will never be the same......he still hasn't recovered. The only thing keeping him going are his other two kids....

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Note: This thread is 2458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!