IGNORED

What are you doing for the total solar eclipse?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seeing a solar eclipse in totality is a pretty cool thing, and chances don't come often for most.  So the wife, kids & I are making a ~3 hour drive to just a little north of Chattanooga, TN to catch it.  Staying Sunday night in Chattanooga, as it's a cool little city to visit.  Though we went there just a couple of years ago, we may check out Rock City again or do a little hiking on Lookout Mountain.  Neat place.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bought 5 pair of glasses, only a partial eclipse here though.  Oregon is a long way to travel, 16 hours, I'll be staying in San Diego.

Edited by No Mulligans

1 hour ago, No Mulligans said:

I bought 5 pair of glasses, only a partial eclipse here though.  Oregon is a long way to travel, 16 hours, I'll be staying in San Diego.

Exactly, I'm a 16 hour drive from Path of Totality as well. 3 hours, that's a no brainer, I wouldn't eventthink about not doing it. 16, more dubious. And it looks like it's going to thunderstorm in the area closest to me.

https://weather.com/forecast/national/news/solar-eclipse-weather-forecast-august-2017?cm_ven=T_WX_LL_81517_1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Meh.

I'll watch a few video clips when it's over. That'll be fine.

I saw one as a kid. Something like a near full eclipse where I lived in about the same place I live now. 1994, maybe? I think I was in high school. Springtime, I think.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Meh.

I'll watch a few video clips when it's over. That'll be fine.

I saw one as a kid. Something like a near full eclipse where I lived in about the same place I live now. 1994, maybe? I think I was in high school. Springtime, I think.

Don't move and you are getting the full eclipse in 2024

_TSE2024_Ohio.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

_TSE2024_Ohio.jpg

Yeah, I think I told the wife earlier today that I thought it was 2022, but that's pretty close. That's about as close as you can get to being right on the central line. Looking forward to it. This one, in 2017, not as much. It's pretty far south.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's pretty awesome that the solar eclipse in 2020 will be passing so close to us in Ohio. I am about 1.5 hours away from the centerline :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

_TSE2024_Ohio.jpg

What did Buffalo do to deserve that?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On 8/16/2017 at 6:30 AM, jamo said:

What did Buffalo do to deserve that?

Ha, probably gonna be a cloudy day.

Sadly, I'm not going to make the drive down. Too far. Too cloudy. Too congested. If I were on the west coast, different story, cloud cover much less over there. Will have to settle for a partial eclipse at home. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

In all honesty...I've done nothing for the solar eclipse.  If it happens...it happens.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

On 8/15/2017 at 8:35 PM, dchoye said:

Will be driving across the border from Vancouver BC to Salem Oregan 

Just hoping the traffic isn't too bad 

Yeah its already bad. My boss is going down today, from north Seattle, and they are talking 25mile backups in some spots. 

On 8/15/2017 at 10:13 PM, pulledabill said:

Since I'm right in its path here in Salem OR, I will be working from home and hiding out from the chaos.  Expecting an extra 1,000,000 peeps in OR.  

Yeah they are predicting a lot of cellular outages too right? I also hear evey hotel within an hour drive of oregon hotspots are completely sold out. I'll stick with my 92% coverage here. Good enough for me. I'll be at my course working though, so it'll be interesting. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I might have to wait 2 minutes and 30 seconds to read my putt...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 12.55.39 PM.png

Steve

Put the lenses over my smartphone lens. No go. Need better equipment. 

IMG_2286.JPG

Steve

Someone brought in "authorized" sun glasses and we have all peeked at the action a bit.  Only going to be around 80% but it is cool enough to take a gander.  Not cool enough to drive to Kentucky.

Brian Kuehn

Note: This thread is 2406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!