Sign in to follow this  
MGNJ88

Want to pick Jason Day @ PGA Champ, but his back and mental issues give me pause.

Note: This thread is 1209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

27 posts / 2560 viewsLast Reply

If add his strokes gained off the tee with his strokes gained on approach shots. He is averaging around 0.097. Basically he's  tour average with his long game. He's not winning any tournaments with those stats. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sure he could win regardless of what his past stats say. Will he? Who knows it doesn't look good for him but he hits it high and far. He seems to hit that mid life lull this season with stuff off the course. Plenty of guys have won majors though when coming into a tournament not playing their best.

If he wears those high tops I hope he misses the cut.  Those plus his yoga meditating before every shot make me hope he's so far down the leaderboard they don't show him on TV lol

My choices for a #3 golfer are Phil, A Scott, or JB Holmes 

Leaning towards Scott right now because of his length and ability to play well in bad weather 

Advice ?

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

The race isn't given to the swift, nor the battle to the strong...

...but that's the way to bet. ;-) 

Yeah, either pick who is playing well or just throw some darts to figure out who will have a "hot" week.

16 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't think he's going to contend.

I agree. I probably would just pair him with Danny Willet and get it over with.

4 hours ago, MGNJ88 said:

My choices for a #3 golfer are Phil, A Scott, or JB Holmes 

Leaning towards Scott right now because of his length and ability to play well in bad weather 

Advice ?

I said after the anchoring ban took effect Adam Scott would fade back into obscurity, and aside from a few tournaments here and there, it has proven true.  He's not winning another major.

33 minutes ago, Chris223 said:

I said after the anchoring ban took effect Adam Scott would fade back into obscurity, and aside from a few tournaments here and there, it has proven true.  He's not winning another major.

Yeah he should just go see Bernhard and ask him how to get away with anchoring. Or just wear baggy shirt and no one will know otherwise.

Edited by Vinsk

Ok, so I felt exactly the way OP did, looks like Day so far has proven the doubting thomas that I am, wrong. 

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Ok, so I felt exactly the way OP did, looks like Day so far has proven the doubting thomas that I am, wrong. 

Except that he's pull-hooked every shot he's hit in the last six holes.

19 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Except that he's pull-hooked every shot he's hit in the last six holes.

Aaannnd that's why I qualified it with so far. I put the whammy on him. :-P

Note: This thread is 1209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!