IGNORED

Pulling the Handle Inward

• Administrator
Just now, Jack Watson said:

Not gonna put it here but you can find it with google easily enough.

Yeah… why not?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/28577829_Measurement_and_analysis_of_grip_force_during_a_golf_shot

https://dspace.lboro.ac.uk/dspace-jspui/bitstream/2134/13125/1/Thesis-2007-Schmidt.pdf

Also, measurements of force don't tell you which direction the force is being applied - is the handle pushing back or the hand pushing forward?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How did this escape Eddie Merrins?

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• 4 years later...

All of you, stop analyzing, making speeches, arguments and just go out and try it.

Think about the motion that your arms are most comfortable completing.  They freely move up from the torso to over the shoulder line and then back down again.   The arms do not freely laterally and behind and reverse themselves to the position they occupied before the motion.

That means for the club to move most freely, it's connection to the arms must move freely.

The direction of the strike is influenced by the turn and reaction of the body within itself.

Free movement coupled with direction generates speed and solid contact during the strike.  The manner in which you trigger the movement is up to you.

Just try it! 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, RogerAD said:

All of you, stop analyzing, making speeches, arguments and just go out and try it.

Thank you for joining TST. The conversation you bumped is nearly five years old.

And… I don't need to "try" something when I can think about it and decide if it's "correct" or not.

Think about the motion that your arms are most comfortable completing.  They freely move up from the torso to over the shoulder line and then back down again. The arms do not freely laterally and behind and reverse themselves to the position they occupied before the motion.

I feel like your last sentence is missing a few words or something, but… sure. The arms mostly go up and down. They're generally not doing much of either around impact, though.

That means for the club to move most freely, it's connection to the arms must move freely.

Not sure what you mean there, on many levels. Why would you want the club to move "freely"? I don't want the club to move freely. I want to control what the club is doing. I don't want it to move relative to my arms unless I make it (or I've allowed it via forces I've set up).

Free movement coupled with direction generates speed and solid contact during the strike.  The manner in which you trigger the movement is up to you.

I feel like you're just saying words at this point. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets