IGNORED

Ten finger grip - amazing

Note: This thread is 2340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@arturo28mx,

It may not be a "Eureka" moment. But you might be in a better position with your right hand that could be built back into your interlocking grip or it could end up being your permanent grip.

A pro once told me, as long as your hands are in the proper place, it doesn't matter what you do with your little finger of your right hand.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Grizvok said:

I am Schwartz.

I figured that out. My grandchildren are Schwartzman. Their father grew up in "Flatbush" and at one time was a "drummer" in a band there. 

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator
On 8/17/2017 at 7:06 PM, JonMA1 said:

I was talking to my son's high school golf coach last night. He grabbed a club to show me something he thought might help and I was surprised to see he uses the ten finger grip.

I'm surprised it surprised you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2017 at 4:06 PM, JonMA1 said:

You guys know what I think of the golf gods. They're a bunch of a-holes and can go... well, you know.

Ha! Love it. Golf fixes initially feel good, like going off medication. But then you start hearing voices again.

@arturo28mx I'm going to try a 10 finger grip at the range today. I'm very curious if you've lost any length, and also whether your accuracy has improved. 

In the beginning I was strongly warned by friends (very good golfers) not to use the baseball grip. I was told the baseball grip has a limited ceiling for getting better. So I have always used a Vardon grip. But I have noticed this year when I did league play that a good number of the guys use the baseball grip and play pretty damn well. 

I have a chronic problem with laying off (usually at the top) causing very sketchy accuracy with my irons and this is why I am stuck playing for bogies. I've tried many different things to fix it, like using a neutral grip and standing closer to the ball. Anyway, the season is just about over here, I see no harm in trying out something new. 

Edited by Kalnoky

18 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

Ha! Love it. Golf fixes initially feel good, like going off medication. But then you start hearing voices again.

LMAO. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 2 weeks later...

@arturo28mx Well I tried baseball grip for about a week but I did not like it. I feel like I'm "holding on" to the club instead of releasing. All my clubs lost distance. And I was starting to hook pretty bad too.

I'm back to the Vardon, which works well for me. But I'm glad I tried something new - you never know. That's why I come to this website, to learn new things.  

Yep! Tried the "ten finger" a few years back and I couldn't make it work for me at all! I started out using the interlock (because that's what Jack did), but eventually switched to the Vardon. I had way too much right hand in the ten finger grip!

Note: This thread is 2340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!