IGNORED

Favorite Sport/Team Besides Golf

RWalker84
Note: This thread is 1915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 8/24/2017 at 8:54 AM, NCGolfer said:
  1. Cleveland Browns - Raised that way.  Live and die on Sundays with them...mostly die.
  2. Duke Basketball - I have a cousin who started working for Duke way back in the early 90's and started following them back then.  Moving to NC out of college has only grown my passion.
  3. Penn State Football - My alma mater.
  4. Cleveland Indians/Cavs/sports
  5. Manchester United - I started watching EPL back in the early 2000's when I was going over to the UK.  A bunch of the guys I worked with over there were big Man U fans and we would go to the pub and watch them when they were on.  It was an absolute blast and I got hooked.  I never thought I'd actually like to sit down and watch soccer (football) but the quality is so much better and really enjoyable.  It's grown my love for US soccer as well.

Little bit of a mixed bag but it is what it is...I love watching sports

Gah!! We can't be friends....Duke lover. :angry:

Edited by Gator Hazard

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Favorite Sport/Team Besides Golf
On August 25, 2017 at 2:24 PM, mcanadiens said:

Well, the name ought to make it pretty obvious, but I again have to point out that Mr. Met is the bastard son of this guy And note the year on that program.

mrred1953.jpg

FAKE NEWS

He looks like he's baked out on meth. He probably burns cats too. Not surprising for Cincinnati. 

10 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

He looks like he's baked out on meth. He probably burns cats too. Not surprising for Cincinnati. 

I'll admit that Mr. Red looks slightly nuts on that 1953 program.

As far as meth goes, you should know that we are all about the heroin out here. Meth is so 90s.

None of those cat burning stories were ever substantiated.

And Mr. Met is still the bastard son.

Pro football, it's simple.  As all true football fans have understood for the last 50 years.  There is but one team that matters.  The Green Bay Packers!

Nope, don't wanna hear it, you know I'm right, just admit it, La La La lalala, I'm not listening, don't have to....  :whistle:

As for college football, I acknowledge that there are some, albeit limited, options.  I have 3 "favorite" teams.  My Wisconsin Badgers, and whoever happens to be playing against either Ohio State or the Florida Gators on any given week.

See?  I can be reasonably inclusive. :-D 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

The NHL.  There really is no room for debate.  All you need to know about the power of hockey to grab you is that the sport is alive and well and thriving in Nashville TN.  This isn't a sport solely for French Canadiens any longer.  Don't believe me?  Go to a game!

Oh, and once you find the passion for the greatest game on earth, there can be only one team.  The NY Rangers.

14 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

I'll admit that Mr. Red looks slightly nuts on that 1953 program.

As far as meth goes, you should know that we are all about the heroin out here. Meth is so 90s.

None of those cat burning stories were ever substantiated.

And Mr. Met is still the bastard son.

Mr Met is a bastard alright. Just how we like him. 

uhn39t90xtyzhczugei3.jpg

13 minutes ago, Antneye said:

The NHL.  There really is no room for debate.  All you need to know about the power of hockey to grab you is that the sport is alive and well and thriving in Nashville TN.  This isn't a sport solely for French Canadiens any longer.  Don't believe me?  Go to a game!

Oh, and once you find the passion for the greatest game on earth, there can be only one team.  The NY Rangers.

My 2nd is also NHL, but Blackhawks all the way!!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

College football is my first passion, and as an alum, with a daughter in her junior year there, the Alabama Crimson Tide has always been in my DNA.  My dad was born in Alabama, and much of my family lives there, so I grew up an Alabama fan, even though I was born and raised in Tampa, Florida.

Speaking of Tampa, I grew up a Bucs fan through thick and thin - mostly thin - but I have dropped them ever since they drafted Winston.  Done.  Now that I live in the Atlanta area, I have become a Falcons fan, but there isn't the depth of commitment and I often find myself rooting for individual players from Alabama in the NFL.

In the "other" football, it's Atlanta United and West Ham in the Premier League, or the Championship, as it looks like we may be playing in next year.  Also, I am passionate about the United States National teams - men and women.

As I am typing this, I'm watching the World Endurance Championship from Mexico City, and I am bummed that Porsche is pulling out, although the IMSA 12 Hours of Sebring immediately followed by a 12 Hours of Sebring for the WEC is a fascinating proposition.

• Like 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• 1 month later...

My favorite sport to watch is baseball. My favorite sport to play when I was younger in my 20's to mid 40's was fast pitch softball. I have been a Yankee fan since I was 7 years old as I grew up in upstate NY. That means I have been a fan for 68 years.  Most people today don't like baseball as they think it is too slow. This year since spring training I have watched at least one game every day and sometimes parts or 3/4 more during the day and evening. But I also am reading a book during this time as well. With the season winding down I now have to wait patiently until spring training rolls around once more.

I used to follow the NBA during the Magic Johnson/Kareem Abdul Jabber versus the Celtics and Pistons during the 80's but once both of them left I lost interest in the NBA and football just makes me sad to watch all the chest pounding and screaming of look at me see what I did. Yuck, get a life. I guess I am just getting too old to put up with all that garbage. The bad thing about is it seems to be rubbing off on athletes in all sports. 

Baseball is the greatest thing ever. Lifelong (well, since the age of 3) Yankees fan, and a few years after that discovered there were other tv channels and got into the Mets as well. So, I'm that oddball doing the unthinkable, rooting for both NY teams. My wife and I go down to spring training every year for a week. It's one of my versions of heaven. Love it love it love it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I work in the betting industry in Europe, and my favourite sports have been the ones I followed. I started of as a US Sports bookmaker, so got really into watching NHL and MLB for a time. NFL is also a cracking game to watch. Havent followed for a few years, which makes it hard to know whos who on all the teams, but still will happily watch any of the Big 4 in the US.

Once I progressed in my career I made the jump to All Basketball, except for the NBA/NCAA(which falls under US Sports department). I watch a lot of the Euroleague competion which features teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Fenerbahce, CSKA Moscow etc. In context it is probably the next best thing after the NBA in terms of level.

I live on the Costa Del Sol, and have taken Unicaja Malaga to be my team. They arent the best, but they are pretty decent, ust missed out on playoffs in the Euroleague. I visit the arena quite often and have seen them beat some of the best teams. Its really nice to see the young players being developed then hopefully they get their chance at the big time in the NBA. Are you all ready for the Phenom that is Luka Doncic, who is basically the best player on Real Madrids team, and he is still only 19 years old. He got a Triple Double in the Spanish league yesterday, and to put into context, due to time and pace differences, TD's are very very rare in european play. Only 2 or 3 ever being recorded in the Euroleague. This boy is special!!! Top 3 pick for me this draft!!

#hoops4lyf

NCAA Football. So much better than NFL. My 11 soon to be 12yr old boy plays baseball so I’ve watched more the last two years than my whole life. Meh. Too many games, slow.

World Cup my next favorite. Hockey sucks.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Track and Field for sure. It was my best sport as an athlete, and still has a huge piece of my sports passion tied to it. 

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

NCAA Football. So much better than NFL. My 11 soon to be 12yr old boy plays baseball so I’ve watched more the last two years than my whole life. Meh. Too many games, slow.

World Cup my next favorite. Hockey sucks.

Agreed on all accounts.

Born and raised in Los Angeles, back when Los Angeles more closely resembled San Diego, I couldn't care less about Hockey. 

Another +1 for College Football. I've been watching since I was 12. I've lived in NFL cities and gone to lots of NFL games, but the pageantry and the atmosphere of the college game is unmatched. 124 teams, rivalries that go back 100 years, beautiful coeds, plus, no work on Sunday. 

Also looking forward to the World Cup, which is the best international sporting event, bar none. The games are only two hours long and there are no commercial breaks/TV timeouts. This is a perfect sport for busy people.

Edited by Kalnoky
  • Like 1

Futbol or in english Soccer. My team is Independiente de avellaneda, one of the most important teams in the world because of the amount of international tournaments we won.  

• 8 months later...
Note: This thread is 1915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!