IGNORED

Bridgestone Golf Unveils New TOUR B Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 2241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bridgestone Golf Unveils Most Technologically Advanced Golf Balls to Date with TOUR B Series

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 10.19.57 AM.png

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
August 21, 2017

(COVINGTON, GA) – Bridgestone Golf – innovator of premium golf balls, clubs and accessories – unveils TOUR B series golf balls, the most innovative and performance oriented offerings in company history, which will be available at retailers nationwide and on Bridgestonegolf.com beginning October 2.

The new series includes four models – TOUR B X, XS, RX and RXS (each $44.99) – which replace the company’s storied B330 lines and provide unmatched feel, accuracy and distance over competitors. As with all Bridgestone models, the company utilized data from more than 3 million in-person and online ball fittings in the R&D process to determine how specific characteristics would benefit different players. In addition, they used white label surveys to gauge and fulfill exact needs of customers.  

TOUR B X and XS are designed for low handicap golfers looking for exceptional feel. Compared to the B330 and B330-S predecessors, the X and XS provide more spin and greenside control due to softer urethane cover formulation, while increased distance comes from enhanced aerodynamics and improved 330 Dual Dimple design. The X is for those players looking for more accuracy off the tee while the XS provides extra length.

The RX and RXS are for mid-to-low handicappers, delivering explosive distance and optimized trajectory thanks to high repulsion construction and new 338 modified Dual Dimple design. The RX will help players hit more fairways while those looking for unmatched feel will gravitate toward the RXS.

“Unlike other manufacturers, we don’t try to shoe-horn golfers into a ball that doesn’t fit their game,” says Adam Rehberg, Bridgestone Golf Ball Fitting. “Plain and simple, our goal is to help golfers find the ball that will lower their scores by maximizing performance from tee to green.”

The TOUR B series is a result of Bridgestone’s continued commitment to remaining on the forefront of innovation. Bridgestone owns over 1,000 golf ball patents and has more than 900 polymer engineers worldwide drawing on the company’s rubber expertise to design the industry’s leading golf balls.

“The secret to our success is in the data, as we rely on our database of millions of swings to understand how golfers of all skill levels are hitting the ball,” says Elliot Mellow, Bridgestone Golf Marketing Manager.  “We then start to build out player personas based on trends and collaborate with third party golf industry data sources to further fine-tune each persona bucket. Once we have established exact needs of different players we determine which of our proprietary technologies can help them rise above the competition.”

Each new TOUR B Series golf ball features the proven characteristics that have made Bridgestone Golf among the most respected names in the industry. The benefits of these features include:

• Accuracy – Gradational core provides optimal energy transfer to create low side-spin and high ball velocity for incredible distance and accuracy gains
  • Consistency – Seamless cover design utilizes injection molding technology to stabilize ball flight on all shots
  • Distance – Aerodynamically superior dimple profiles provide different player types with vastly enhanced length and control
  • Feel – SlipRes cover technology increases friction by creating more stability between the ball and club for enhanced control with irons and wedges

In addition to the new TOUR B series, Bridgestone Golf designs a diverse portfolio of golf balls to meet the needs of all player performance characteristics, including the e6 SOFT, e6 SPEED, Extra Soft and Lady. More information on the company’s ball, club and accessories offerings are available at bridgestonegolf.com.

Bridgestone’s professional staff features 14-time major champion Tiger Woods, FedExCup champion Brandt Snedeker, Olympics bronze medalist Matt Kuchar, Masters winner Fred Couples, three-time major champion Nick Price, Bryson DeChambeau, Hudson Swafford and LPGA Tour stars Stacy Lewis, Paula Creamer and Karrie Webb.

About Bridgestone Golf

Bridgestone Golf USA is based in Covington, GA and manufactures premium golf balls, clubs and accessories under Bridgestone and Precept brands.  The company started making golf balls in 1935 and, as the world’s largest tire manufacturer, leverages its 900 rubber polymer science engineers worldwide to produce high-performing products.  Customer swing and related data, captured through its popular, nationwide ball-fitting program, advises continuous advancement of ball technology.  Bridgestone Golf USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bridgestone Sports Co. Ltd., headquartered in Tokyo.

More information:  bridgestonegolf.com.

###

Edited by RandallT
Removed some links. Started to add additional graphics but realized they were incorrect
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Besides playing Snell, Bridgestone is typically the backup golf ball I buy. I like when I find the buy 2 get one free deals. That drops the price per dozen down to about $30/ dozen. They make a very good golf ball.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I use Bridgestone balls now, and I will try this new technology when I see them available on the shelves. I just hope I have the swing to take advantage of this new technology. :-(

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Interesting that they're not sticking with the B-300 branding. That's been around a long time, long enough that I don't actually know what Bridgestone's tour-level balls were called before then.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I love the B330 RXS.

It's a silly thing, I admit, but I hate the new B mark logo...  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

9 hours ago, David in FL said:

I love the B330 RXS.

It's a silly thing, I admit, but I hate the new B mark logo...  

I do too lol.  Will not buy them if they only put that logo on them

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Will be interested to see what changes they made to the balls themselves besides the rebranding and marketing blah blah.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

4 hours ago, paperclip said:

Will be interested to see what changes they made to the balls themselves besides the rebranding and marketing blah blah.

You probably will not see significant changes. New golf balls tend to have very slight differences. With premium golf balls it is lowering driver spin while maintaining or improving wedge spin. That might mean a few hundred rpm.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

12 hours ago, Chris223 said:

I do too lol.  Will not buy them if they only put that logo on them

I like the logo.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

2 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

I like the logo.

I like the Logo as well.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

To each their own.  Like the other guy said, may seem silly but I don't wanna be looking at just a big B on my balls lol.  Same way that I use the ball models "line" if you will for lining up my putts (since most ball models are printed with arrows on each side or something along those lines to be used for that purpose) as I hate drawing or writing on my ball.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Chris223 said:

To each their own.  Like the other guy said, may seem silly but I don't wanna be looking at just a big B on my balls lol.  Same way that I use the ball models "line" if you will for lining up my putts (since most ball models are printed with arrows on each side or something along those lines to be used for that purpose) as I hate drawing or writing on my ball.

Other balls have a big "Callaway" or a "Snell" or a "Titleist" on them. They all occupy about the same area.

I get that this won't change your taste, but… it seems like a silly reason not to play a ball that may be a good fit for your game. What if someone didn't play a "Snell" because they don't like that it rhymes with "smell"? They would be entitled to that reason, but still dumb for that being the reason. No?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Other balls have a big "Callaway" or a "Snell" or a "Titleist" on them. They all occupy about the same area.

I get that this won't change your taste, but… it seems like a silly reason not to play a ball that may be a good fit for your game. What if someone didn't play a "Snell" because they don't like that it rhymes with "smell"? They would be entitled to that reason, but still dumb for that being the reason. No?

Surely you don't believe that manufacturers don't take consumer design preference into consideration as they develop and ultimately choose the actual logo...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Surely you don't believe that manufacturers don't take consumer design preference into consideration as they develop and ultimately choose the actual logo...

Of course they take that into consideration.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The name is actually exactly the reason I haven't tried Snell balls lol.  Not for the reason you stated, but just the name in general lol.  I know, dumb to some but we're all entitled to like or dislike products for various reasons.  I love Bridgestone balls, particularly the RXS, but would prefer the name spelled out lol.  But i generally don't buy anything other than Taylor Made or Srixon for balls because my skill level doesn't warrant the latest and greatest and I can find Tour Preferred and Z-Star balls for $25-$30 bucks on Amazon, is Snell priced under $25 for his tour ball?  Don't think so.  Are they better than a Z Star?  Doubt it.  I think i just like a good clean logo and a massive bolded B looks like a black splotch to me lol.  I don't even like playing a ball anymore if I smacked it with my wedge right on the logo and took some it off haha.  I'm a little crazy lol

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Chris223 said:

…is Snell priced under $25 for his tour ball?  Don't think so.  Are they better than a Z Star?  Doubt it.

1. $26.xx is well within the "$25-$30" range, actually.
  2. Yes, they're better than a Z-Star.

Dean Snell was instrumental in designing the ProV1 and headed TaylorMade's ball division for about a decade.

Not on topic so I kept the reply short.

1 hour ago, iacas said:
  1. $26.xx is well within the "$25-$30" range, actually.
  2. Yes, they're better than a Z-Star.

Dean Snell was instrumental in designing the ProV1 and headed TaylorMade's ball division for about a decade.

Not on topic so I kept the reply short.

I'm sure they're great balls, but I doubt they're going to make a difference to someone who breaks 90 maybe twice per year.  Like I said, to each their own.  Wasn't trying to badmouth them in any way.  Just can't see how they'd be that much better.

I will keep playing my Bridgestone E6. Low spin on wedges, hate the backspin that premium golf balls have. 

Note: This thread is 2241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!