IGNORED

TRUE Linkswear Revitalized in 2017 (**Two New Models!**)

Note: This thread is 1235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, klineka said:

@iacas Have you gotten any mud or dirt on the cloth upper part of your "Originals" ? The rest of the shoe looks easy to just wipe off, curious about how easily the cloth upper part would be to clean/keep clean. 

It is a dark color so it probably doesnt show dirt that easily, but still. thinking about getting the blue/gray Originals.

I've also been hesistant of spikeless golf shoes. Any issues with slipping? I play early in the morning throughout the summer and theres often quite a bit of dew on the course most rounds.

No, and not really. I haven't worn spikes in years. Since at least the original TRUEs, and likely before even then.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

I finally got my first round in with the Originals over the weekend and they are fantastic.

It felt like I was wearing a comfy old pair of sneakers or those flip flops with the old-fashioned leather soles that form to the contours of your feet. I actually had to think sometime in the middle of my round and remember that they were brand new shoes I was wearing for the first time.

I had no problem with water resistance. It wasn't really that wet out, but there was a bit of frost that melted to dew for a few holes. I am keeping my Adidas spikes just in case I have to play in the rain or something and I'd rather ruin another pair of shoes.

The only negative I have is the toe box is wider than my feet are so I feel they look kind of clowny. I can live with that.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I think this is helpful:

ada5caeb-318f-423f-a701-e94b738420e9.jpg

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...

Great deals on True Golf shoes at True Sale

Game Changer Pro, Motion and Elements Pro on sale for $42.99 + Shipping

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• 4 months later...
On 4/26/2018 at 2:31 PM, billchao said:

I had no problem with water resistance. It wasn't really that wet out, but there was a bit of frost that melted to dew for a few holes.

What a difference a year makes. I don't play that many rounds of golf and I don't wear my Originals on a daily basis, so in other words, there's not a lot of mileage in them. Yet for some reason my socks are always wet now after walking 18. We've had a lot of rain lately but it's not like I'm going out stepping in puddles, yet this morning it was just wet grass from dew and my right foot was noticeably wet by the 2nd hole. My left foot lasted much longer but my sock was definitely damp when I took it off.

I'm kind of disappointed because I really like the shoes, but being waterproof is priority #1 on my list because I play early in the morning. At this point I don't know if I should look at different shoes, though I'm thinking about buying a pair of waterproof socks for golfing and seeing if they work.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Bill, if your shoes are two years old…

The topic to see is also here:

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Bill, if your shoes are two years old…

The topic to see is also here:

They're only a year old. I bought them last April.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

File a claim. They're incredibly good about that.

• Administrator

More stuff over here, too:

On 5/25/2019 at 2:07 PM, iacas said:

File a claim. They're incredibly good about that.

I contacted them. They said I can send the shoes back and they will inspect them since they're still under warranty and if they confirm a defect they will send me a replacement pair (in a different color because slate/lime was a limited release) or give me credit towards a different model.

I'll ship the shoes back next weekend; I need them for next Saturday.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, billchao said:

I contacted them. They said I can send the shoes back and they will inspect them since they're still under warranty and if they confirm a defect they will send me a replacement pair (in a different color because slate/lime was a limited release) or give me credit towards a different model.

Take pictures of them, including the inside where you can see leaks, if possible.

Just helps them. They're really good about this stuff though.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

I wear a 10m in FootJoy DryJoys. What size would I wear in Trues?

Email TRUE.

@Sandy Divot I had a similar question. I was wearing a 10.5 in Foot Joy. I went with an 11.5 in the Originals.  They fit perfect. 

The first time you put them on you may feel they are too big due to the toe box. They aren’t your foot isn’t used to them. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 10:56 AM, billchao said:

Update: I sent my shoes back and they did confirm a defect in them. They offered to send me a replacement pair of Originals or store credit I can use towards another model. I opted for the latter because I want to try the Majors.

There was plenty of dialogue throughout the entire process and they were quick to respond to my emails. Excellent customer service. Great company.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

• 4 months later...

Most random question: 

Does anyone find that not tightening the Originals fully makes them more comfortable and allow for more free motion? 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Most random question: 

Does anyone find that not tightening the Originals fully makes them more comfortable and allow for more free motion? 

Isn’t that true of any shoe?

It would explain a lot. I can’t believe The Originals are that more playable now. Love um

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Note: This thread is 1235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!