Sign in to follow this  
dennyjones

Golf gathering

5 posts / 446 viewsLast Reply

@JonMA1 is taking a day's vacation and planning to play Maple Creek Golf Club in Shepherd, MI.   Here's a link to the course:  Maple Creek Golf   The website has all of the details .   8400 S. Genuine Rd  Shepherd, MI  

We're looking at September 5th sometime early morning.   The more the merrier.   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Thanks for posting it here Denny.

Strange course. Has a lot of short par 5's and long par 3's. I wonder if anyone here has played it. The reviews on Golf Advisor were so so.

I'm up for suggestions and wouldn't be opposed to playing College Fields again.

@dennyjones  - just wanted to let you know....

At Maple Creek you showed me that trick with using the driver to putt through rough. I had a perfect opportunity to use it on Sunday and couldn't believe how much control it provided. Rolled it through 8" or 10" of rough, the fringe and 6' of green to about a foot from the flag.

20 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

@dennyjones  - just wanted to let you know....

At Maple Creek you showed me that trick with using the driver to putt through rough. I had a perfect opportunity to use it on Sunday and couldn't believe how much control it provided. Rolled it through 8" or 10" of rough, the fringe and 6' of green to about a foot from the flag.

A hybrid or fairway wood would work too.  Unless you practice with them, the distance control will be tricky.  

Edited by dennyjones

12 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

A hybrid or fairway wood would work too.  Unless you practice with them, the distance control will be tricky.  

Yes, I could very well have just gotten lucky. Then again, I could say the same thing whenever I get good results from a putter or a wedge.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...