Sign in to follow this  
Abu3baid

Lyric Thermostat - External Transformer

Note: This thread is 913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 post / 1172 viewsLast Reply

Hey everyone, I have been so busy the past year I haven't had time to play golf or log on, but I am on vacation now and finally spending time at my new house and I am facing an issue that I am sure someone here can help me with.

some pictures first

IMG_2067.JPG

IMG_2068.JPG

I have 6 zones each with its own thermostat, and only one of them is connected to the Furnace and Air conditioner.  The issue I am having is that the batteries run out quickly and since I'm not here most of the time I can tell be continuously changing batteries.

The idea of connecting each to the Furnace or AC is out of the question, so I was looking it up and the idea of having an external transformer for each of them seems like a great idea!  problem is I don't know what I'm doing.

Is this even an option that would work?

If I found the transformer where would I connect the two wires on the thermostat?

what is the best transformer?  where do I go get it?  should I just get them and have an electrician do it?

Thanks guys!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Note: This thread is 913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!