Sign in to follow this  
Ben

(Lots of) Hogans for Sale

8 posts / 4729 viewsLast Reply

I've got a sizebale collection of Hogan iron sets that have been locked away  collecting dust. Are there any Hogan junkies possibly interested? 

My initial goal was to acquire every set the Hogan company produced. I got pretty dang close. I do have a few sets that I won't part with (the 1972 Apex irons in particular), but like those few gems, I'm willing to hear your offers. 

Of the sets I would considered parting with, all have matching serial numbers, most sets with the original grips too! Typical 3-E, a few sets with a bonus 2iron. Some, but not many sets without the E. For some reason the Hogan company didn't stamp serial numbers on the hozzles of the Equalizers?? I do have a few pre-Hogan Golf Company era irons, as well as some pretty nice persimmon woods sets buried away. 

Anyhow, if you are a collector looking for a particular set, or just starting out, shoot me a reply with what you're looking for and I'll check what I've got.

Thanks ?? 

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I wouldn't mind owning a decent set of radials. Mine are in pretty rough shape.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

I wouldn't mind owning a decent set of radials. Mine are in pretty rough shape.

Well that's one set I don't have in my collection any longer. I do remember radials being rather abundant on eBay though...

4 hours ago, Ben said:

Well that's one set I don't have in my collection any longer. I do remember radials being rather abundant on eBay though...

They are. I'm constantly looking at them on Ebay but have yet to make another purchase. It's where I bought the set I currently have. I'll also check resale shops when it's convenient.

Thanks.

@Ben  I have a set of Hogan Edges 4-E with Legend High Performance Graphite shafts (gold lettering), and nearly new Wynn Anniversary grips. They are a matched set with a couple of exceptions:

1. The 7 iron has the Legend shaft with Red lettering, presumably stiff

2. The E wedge is actually an Apex Plus with steel shaft (Apex 3).

I will probably sell these if I get new irons, but do not know what price to ask. They are in pretty good condition for their age which I estimate to be  around 1989.

Edited by Hacker James

On 9/10/2017 at 6:35 AM, Hacker James said:

@Ben  I have a set of Hogan Edges 4-E with Legend High Performance Graphite shafts (gold lettering), and nearly new Wynn Anniversary grips. They are a matched set with a couple of exceptions:

1. The 7 iron has the Legend shaft with Red lettering, presumably stiff

2. The E wedge is actually an Apex Plus with steel shaft (Apex 3).

I will probably sell these if I get new irons, but do not know what price to ask. They are in pretty good condition for their age which I estimate to be  around 1989.

I'll be honest. Just keep those for you personal golf nastolgia.

Not to be too blunt, but those won't bring much. If I was smart, I'd have kept every set of clubs (with the golf bag) I ever put into actual play. 

Those Edges cGraphite shafts and Winn grips aren't exactly what someone would look for when chosing a set of vintage Hogans irons. If you're that desperate for space start Set the auction price at $50 with a ButItNow for $35. And if there's o e thing I learned, don't undercut yourself on shipping. $23 minimum. 

5 hours ago, Ben said:

I'll be honest. Just keep those for you personal golf nastolgia.

Not to be too blunt, but those won't bring much. If I was smart, I'd have kept every set of clubs (with the golf bag) I ever put into actual play. 

Those Edges cGraphite shafts and Winn grips aren't exactly what someone would look for when chosing a set of vintage Hogans irons. If you're that desperate for space start Set the auction price at $50 with a ButItNow for $35. And if there's o e thing I learned, don't undercut yourself on shipping. $23 minimum. 

Yah, every time I think about selling them, I then say to myself "What were you thinking"? They are very much playable Not really worth selling unless I just wanted to give someone an opportunity to own some.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...