Sign in to follow this  
JonMA1

A Change of Seasons

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

It's not unusual to see the hardwoods start to change slightly in late August/early September, but I came upon this image while walking the dogs last night.

MapleEarlyFall.jpg

I love autumn in Northern Michigan. Hailing from Gulf Coast of Central Florida, we never had much of a change of colors. There was the abrupt transformation from green to brown every year, followed a few months later by an equally abrupt change back to green.

While the experience of seeing a fresh blanket of snow has lost it's luster after 22 winters, the change of colors up here has not. I hope it never does.

For the northern golfer, these premature bright hues are an ominous sign. Soon, a tee shot that rolls too close to the tree line holds the potential for a lost ball - even if still in the fairway. The temps will become too low for all but the heartiest of players before snow keeps all but the craziest of us indoors (not mentioning any names, but his username is @bkuehn1952 and his avatar says it all :beer:). 

Get as much golf in while you can, gents.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

29 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

@JonMA1,  we were in Glen Arbor last week and we did see some of trees start to change color.    Fall colors are beautiful where you live.

I understand folks drive up here specifically to see the colors. I've always thought US 131 all the way down to GR was pretty as well. Do you not have as much of that in the Lansing area?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...