IGNORED

Glove?

muskegman
Note: This thread is 5575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you wear a glove?

• Glove
    • No glove
    • Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear a glove, but when I hit my gap wedge or lob wedge I take it off, I don't know why, I guess it jut my thing

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

• 1 month later...
Jeff, I'm glad you made this topic. I am publishing a review on a golf glove on Wednesday I believe. I reviewed the new 3M Greptile glove. I think you will enjoy the read.

Are you still using this glove?

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

Like Greg Norman and a lot of other pros I wear it for shots of 100 yards and longer, but take it off for shots inside of 100 yards.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

I wear a glove no matter what the temp. I dont where it putting and around the green chips.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I have no choice... I sweat too much not to wear one... once I didn't and I sweated so much the club flew out of my hands and onto the range... awkward stopping everyone at the range to go get my club.... :T

Chipping and putting, no glove. ever...

I use one on all full shots, but when I'm closer, I take it off.
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

• 2 weeks later...
I use a footjoy glove. My initials are JFEYB so to see the FJ for footjoy is just my first two initials reversed.

Geez.. you have five initials???

As for me-- no glove just corded grips

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

I'm like Jeff. I feel more "connected" to the swing not wearing a glove. Some of my playing buddies carry four or five gloves with them when it's really humid out. I just make certain to have a wet towel and a dry one with me for my hands and my clubs

In my BagBoy Griplok bag
Driver: Diablo 9 degree stiff graphite
3 Wood: Diablo 15 degree stiff graphite
Hybrid: Hb5 3 stiff graphite
Irons: FG Tour V2 stiff steel  S W: Harmonized 55 degree

Putter: Odyssey Teron

Ball: E6

GPS: UPro

Definitely wearing a glove. Actually have worn a glove on every shot most of my playing life, but i think this year I will try to eliminate wearing it on touch shots and putts.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I never wore a glove for the first 10 years or so of playing golf. A few years ago I went through a funk of hitting big hooks. It felt to me like I was strangling the club and decided to wear a glove so I didn't need to grip it as tight. It helped with the hooks and I've worn one every since. Now if I try playing without one, I instinctively tighten my grip because it feels less secure. I have to wear one now.

That is fascinating to me. I learned golf gloveless and played my first 5 or 6 years like that... had to get a glove because my hands got too sweaty to the point where I couldn't even hold the club.

However, looking back, during that period I had a ferocious hook which "somehow" dissappeared around the time I got the glove. Never thought about that connection... you might be onto something with the grip pressure insight.

• 3 months later...

I always wear one. I learned that "you should take it off to putt - better feel"...but I keep it on all the time. The golf glove helps me hold the club better without being too tight. It's also a psychologically aspect. It helps me get into my round...putting on my glove along with putting tees into my pocket. I'm ready to play

Cheers,
Eric

what's in my Sun Mtn bag:
Driver: 3-Wood: Big Bertha Irons: Mizuno MP-54 Wedge: Mizuno 56°-10° Putter: Newport 2 Ball: Pro Vx

Oh yes, without a doubt. Except when putting but every round I have to have one. I even have a spar glove in my bag.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

my dad taught me corded grips and no glove 2 years ago and havent looked back since..... i tryed to use one for the heck of it and i just couldent feel the shots at all...... i got so used to feeling for the shots that i cant use a glove

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

Unless Im putting, I wear a glove. To me, it feels like I have a much better grip of the club with a glove.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 5575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!