IGNORED

Glove?

muskegman
Note: This thread is 5567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you wear a glove?

• Glove
    • No glove
    • Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use one on my left hand only it helps me with control and sometimes on summer days in michigan the humidity get's so high that it will fog up you'r glasses after a good rain and then the sun comes out on a 90* day that is. I could'nt play a round without one I'd feel naked, I use Mizuno skin tight read the review it's spot on if you try it you'll never use a different kind there great for all types of weather conditions , even better then some rain gloves .

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

well do you use a glove i dont i cant see the point in it i play better without one anyways

I have to, especially in hot weather. My hands and body sweat. If I don't wear a glove, I can't grip properly.

Yesterday, it was so cold with biting winds. I wore two gloves for the first time. I felt like I controlled the club really well with two gloves. Might try this some more.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I use them for all full shots.

I don't use them for short wedges, greenside bunker, chipping, putting and other feel shots near the green.

I prefer a very thin glove vs. the thicker models that seem to last better. I've found that my local shop, Bonaventure Golf, sells the factory second Titleist players gloves at a discount. These are nice and thin and really work well for me.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I do wear a glove. I find that it helps me to be more in control of the club because my hands dont slip as much.
When Im putting, chipping and pitching I take the glove off, but on full swings I wear a glove.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I, too, wear a glove on my left hand. However, I only wear it on full shots (no 1/2 wedges, chips, putts), but I don't wear gloves when I tee off with a wood or driver. It's just more comfortable for me. I also take the glove off in between shots.

Its definetely not incorrect, Im not saying they gloves arent intended to help with control from sweaty palms. But you cant tell me that having leather wrapped around your hand isnt going to protect it from blisters. Especially to new players. While I have callas' (sp?) built up on my hands now because Ive played 200 rounds in the last year and a half when I first started playing I struggled with blisters often when I tried to play without a glove. This is compounded by the fact that alot of beginner players grip too hard.

Gloves do help with blisters. It's a fact.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

A single piece of equipment can be used as a means to more than one end. I hit 160 yard shots, and 12 yard shots with my 8 iron.

Try keeping your head down, it'll help with those 12-yard chunks.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Long answer: I use a glove on my left hand for all full shots. No glove for chipping and putting.

About 15 years ago I stopped using a glove, money was tight, the kids were little, and a nine hole ticket cost as much as a glove.

So I got in the habit of not wearing a glove, but in the summer, my hands would sweat, so I switched to cord grips. Tore my hands up for a little while, then got used to it. I stayed that way until the end of the 2007 season.

I lost the league championship because it was so hot and humid that day, I was sweating from my eye balls. I was even going into the last hole, and I had to give my opponent a stroke (number 1 handicap hole). I could barely breath, and my hands were sweating like crazy. I took a huge swing, and the club twisted in my hands, and up and over the trees on the right side my tee ball went. I was on the number 1 green.

Game over

I went out and bought a glove the next day, and have used one ever since.

The control is amazing and I can swing as hard as I want in the heat of the summer, and not lose control of my club.

Short Answer: Yes

I always wear a golf glove. I have played afew rounds without one and as long as the weather is neither too hot and humid nor cold I could see not wearing one. For me, they serve 2 purposes - improve grip, especially on humid days, and keep me from getting blisters on my pointer finger or thumb. I usually only have the problem with blisters on range or when I have played a lot of rounds in short period.

It's crazy, but when I step up to a hole with water or a ravine directly in front of me, I always feel more confident with glove that I'm not going to lose grip and lose my club into that trouble.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

When I was younger I wore a glove all the time. For whatever reason is the last few years I have ditched the glove. Not sure why, I just feel that I get a better feel for shots without one. I now only wear a glove when it gets extremely hot and humid out. If I don't I find it very difficult to hang onto the club. :)

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I wear a cabretta leather glove. I take it off after every shot and velcro it around my shoulder strap. I do not use a glove on the green. The glove has to be new-ish. A well-worn glove is counter-productive. I like the glove to fit on snugly, but not too tight, and not loose. I've found a cheap glove that fits my hand perfectly - The Tommy Armour Cabretta Leather Tour glove. I bought four for 25 bucks.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I started out wearing one, but for some reason quit wearing it shortly after starting and have never worn them again. I keep a handtowel on the top of my bag anyhow, and dry my hands off before a shot if needed. Never have had any problems. However, all my friends wear them, and one guy wears them on both hands. To each his own....

Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Nope. Wearing one is more of an annoyance than a help.
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 10*
Fairway Woods: Callaway X-Hot 15*, Callaway X 2008 18*
Hybrids: Callaway X-Hybrid 21*
Irons: Mizuno MP-57 5-PW (27*, 31*, 35*, 39*, 43*, 47*)
Wedges: Eidolon V-Sole GW (52*), SW (56*), LW (60*)Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball White Steel BladeBall: Bridgestone e6 BallStand Bag: Ogio...

Never wear a glove. 1/2 inch tape around index finger on left hand and middle finger on right hand. Tour velvet midsize on irons and tour velvet cord on Driver, 3 and 5 wood and wedges.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

Note: This thread is 5567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!