IGNORED

Newbie injuries - help!

RJN12
Note: This thread is 2381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@RJN12  The symptoms may be gone. but watch for numbness in your fingers, painful grip, swelling in hands...Could be carpal tunnel. I came down with it after two rounds of golf 10 days ago. Very painful. Waiting to see about surgery or other treatment. I pride myself on practice 2x or 3x a week and my Saturday game. Maybe not so good a routine. Anyway, two gloves, arthritic grips, softer grips may help. Best wishes, -Marv

• Thumbs Up 1

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/9/2017 at 5:28 PM, RJN12 said:

Thanks! Came from a running background, so know the value of cross training/warm up and stretching. Guess I underestimated the physical demands of golf, so didn't take this part seriously. Learned my lesson and will 'start over' - take a bit of time off and heal, and then take your kind advice! 

Many, many people think that the golf swing is nothing special! It's an athletic movement that demands conditioning! Get into it gradually. Let your body get used to it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!