Jump to content
aasimzkhan

My Swing (aasimzkhan)

49 posts / 3989 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, aasimzkhan said:

You know, I tried the online lessons path. Worked with a guy in london, I'm based in Pakistan and there are no certified / trained coaches here. 

The guy told me I needed wrist hinge. I tried that for months and only managed to move the wrist a few inches by the time the club reached parallel on the backswing. 

And go back and re-read this thread. You got a ton of good advice from @mvmac and @iacas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, aasimzkhan said:

Hmm. I need to figure out what to do and stick to that. I wonder if @mvmac can give me a drill or two? 

Are you consciously trying to "swing out to the right?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

52 minutes ago, aasimzkhan said:

Not at all. 

I could be wrong but the massive drop happens somewhere in transition or just as the downswing starts. I mean, even if I don't swing Wolff style, the wrists are crazy laid off at the top and then the swing drops down and I'm in no man's land. If only I could not have the wrists pointing to the left so much, wouldn't I be alright? 

Screenshot_20200220-211359_Slow motion editor.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are you trying to do with your backswing right now? Are you trying to do more of a Gankas/Wolffe move?

7 minutes ago, aasimzkhan said:

I could be wrong but the massive drop happens somewhere in transition or just as the downswing starts. I mean, even if I don't swing Wolff style, the wrists are crazy laid off at the top and then the swing drops down and I'm in no man's land. If only I could not have the wrists pointing to the left so much, wouldn't I be alright? 

Yes but it's most likely not something you can just fix by thinking about it manipulating your wrists.

The lower body and where the pressure is working in your feet is off, I would suggest keeping it simple for now. Get a club across your shoulders and work the left shoulder under the chin going back and right shoulder under the chin on the downswing. This downswing move should feel much different to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, mvmac said:

What are you trying to do with your backswing right now? Are you trying to do more of a Gankas/Wolffe move?

Yes but it's most likely not something you can just fix by thinking about it manipulating your wrists.

The lower body and where the pressure is working in your feet is off, I would suggest keeping it simple for now. Get a club across your shoulders and work the left shoulder under the chin going back and right shoulder under the chin on the downswing. This downswing move should feel much different to you.

I'm trying to keep my hands inside the club so yes, it would be Matt Wolff type. It's helped a little bit as seen in the picture but it's not enough clearly. 

Will try the shoulder drill you mentioned today. 

inCollage_20200220_211610158.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, aasimzkhan said:

Will try the shoulder drill you mentioned today. 

You have no "around" with your right side so it might basically feel like you're coming over the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, mvmac said:

You have no "around" with your right side so it might basically feel like you're coming over the top.

I'm not sure what you mean by around but maybe what you're suggesting is that by rotating the right shoulder under, I'll be able to bring the club back on to plane? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, aasimzkhan said:

I'm not sure what you mean by around but maybe what you're suggesting is that by rotating the right shoulder under, I'll be able to bring the club back on to plane? 

Yes. 

By around, compare this player's right shoulder to yours.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 hours ago, mvmac said:

Yes. 

By around, compare this player's right shoulder to yours.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Got it.

Couldn't get to the range yesterday but today I will. Will try and revert back. 

Thank you so much for your continued input.

Aasim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/24/2020 at 8:01 AM, aasimzkhan said:

Got it.

Couldn't get to the range yesterday but today I will. Will try and revert back. 

Thank you so much for your continued input.

Aasim. 

So, I've decided to remake the swing, start over again. I understand I've chosen the longer road, but in the long run, it may well be the right choice. 

https://youtu.be/U9u-7Q5U9u-7Q5MW44

This is the sequence I'm working on. Current speed of swing 2/10. Balls I'm hitting daily: 200

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, aasimzkhan said:

So, I've decided to remake the swing, start over again. I understand I've chosen the longer road, but in the long run, it may well be the right choice.

Why?

Also, left arm is too far out, probably not quite turning enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, aasimzkhan said:

So, I've decided to remake the swing, start over again. I understand I've chosen the longer road, but in the long run, it may well be the right choice.

While it may seem like a good idea, you can't just "factory reset" your swing. Better to just focus on a priority and make that better. Rather than trying to achieve a certain kind of swing, just improve on what you currently have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...