IGNORED

Marker Size

iceman777
Note: This thread is 2405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 9/17/2017 at 12:13 PM, allenc said:

This thread is making me want to mark my ball with funny things.  Next time I play I think I'll try marking my ball with... another ball.

Why is it always us lefties that have the funniest ideas???

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

I like a bigger marker for longer putts because I can read my putt from the other side of the hole without having to put my ball down. That is a help when someone else is away but in the interest of speeding up play I try to get a read on my putt while they do the same. 

Take an AimPoint class. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

Man I would love to, but there are none in my neck of the woods.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Just now, NM Golf said:

Get the DVD 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Get the DVD 

I'm not super sold on that. Anyway, not the topic here, so I'll bow out.

I use TST ball markers when I play, almost always.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A little off topic 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

Get the DVD 

I've done both.   "For me", the DVD is only a refresher for the course.    I wouldn't recommend just buying the DVD.   The class was well worth the $$ and time.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

13 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

A little off topic 

I've done both.   "For me", the DVD is only a refresher for the course.    I wouldn't recommend just buying the DVD.   The class was well worth the $$ and time.

I think you misunderstood.  Get the DVD and use it as a marker.

• Like 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, bones75 said:

I think you misunderstood.  Get the DVD and use it as a marker.

Yeah, let's keep this on topic… Thank you. :-)

On 9/14/2017 at 11:44 PM, NM Golf said:

Not sure how anyone ever lets somebody else's mark knock their ball off line. I don't care if someone marks with a dime, if its near my line I am having them move it. 

On another note, I have never fully understood the use of those little plastic ball markers with the peg on the bottom you buy in the pro shop. What's wrong with a coin? We have those little plastic ones in our pro shop for $0.25 each and people buy them all the time. Every time someone gives me a dollar for 4 of those things I always want to ask them if they realize I could just give them 4 quarters instead and then after their round they could even use them again to buy something. :doh:

Then again, some courses give them away for free! I have a pocket full of them. Those are the ones I actually like the best. They lie flush with the surface of the green, so if one of those is in my line, I'll let it lay. I'll actually use it as a target to judge my line.

I use a Hong Kong two dollar coin because I'm old and it is big enough and shiny enough for me to find when it's my turn to putt. :-P

• Upvote 1

Jeff

In the bag:
:callaway: Epic Max 9.0 Project X Cypher 40 R 5.5
:tmade: R11S 3 Fairway
:ping: G425 4 & 5 hybrid 6-PW :cleveland: RTX 56 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

1 hour ago, ssbn611 said:

I use a Hong Kong two dollar coin because I'm old and it is big enough and shiny enough for me to find when it's my turn to putt. :-P

Yay! The    old "use A  Penny lose a penny" excuse! -Marv

• Thumbs Up 1

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Note: This thread is 2405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!