• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
iceman777

Marker Size

On 9/17/2017 at 12:13 PM, allenc said:

This thread is making me want to mark my ball with funny things.  Next time I play I think I'll try marking my ball with... another ball.

Why is it always us lefties that have the funniest ideas???

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

53 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

I like a bigger marker for longer putts because I can read my putt from the other side of the hole without having to put my ball down. That is a help when someone else is away but in the interest of speeding up play I try to get a read on my putt while they do the same. 

Take an AimPoint class. ;-)

Just now, iacas said:

Man I would love to, but there are none in my neck of the woods.

22 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Get the DVD 

I'm not super sold on that. Anyway, not the topic here, so I'll bow out.

I use TST ball markers when I play, almost always.

A little off topic 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

Man I would love to, but there are none in my neck of the woods.

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

Get the DVD 

I've done both.   "For me", the DVD is only a refresher for the course.    I wouldn't recommend just buying the DVD.   The class was well worth the $$ and time.

13 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

A little off topic 

I've done both.   "For me", the DVD is only a refresher for the course.    I wouldn't recommend just buying the DVD.   The class was well worth the $$ and time.

I think you misunderstood.  Get the DVD and use it as a marker.

2 hours ago, bones75 said:

I think you misunderstood.  Get the DVD and use it as a marker.

Yeah, let's keep this on topic… Thank you. :-)

On 9/14/2017 at 11:44 PM, NM Golf said:

Not sure how anyone ever lets somebody else's mark knock their ball off line. I don't care if someone marks with a dime, if its near my line I am having them move it. 

On another note, I have never fully understood the use of those little plastic ball markers with the peg on the bottom you buy in the pro shop. What's wrong with a coin? We have those little plastic ones in our pro shop for $0.25 each and people buy them all the time. Every time someone gives me a dollar for 4 of those things I always want to ask them if they realize I could just give them 4 quarters instead and then after their round they could even use them again to buy something. :doh:

Then again, some courses give them away for free! I have a pocket full of them. Those are the ones I actually like the best. They lie flush with the surface of the green, so if one of those is in my line, I'll let it lay. I'll actually use it as a target to judge my line.

I use a Hong Kong two dollar coin because I'm old and it is big enough and shiny enough for me to find when it's my turn to putt. :-P

1 hour ago, ssbn611 said:

I use a Hong Kong two dollar coin because I'm old and it is big enough and shiny enough for me to find when it's my turn to putt. :-P

Yay! The    old "use A  Penny lose a penny" excuse! -Marv