IGNORED

Home Practice Nets

Effington
Note: This thread is 2008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

Oh, I see @woodzie264....good idea. I copied it and works great. 

Thanks for the idea.

Sure thing! Thats the beauty of this community :beer:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yah, just wanted to give you the credit/kudos for it.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

15 hours ago, Hacker James said:

Oh, I see @woodzie264....good idea. I copied it and works great.  I simply took two screw eyes, screwed into the end of a real feel mat, and then ran two small, elastic shock cords (1/8  inch with plastic ball ends) through the eyes, tied the other ends together and secured the middle of  this "loop" under a rubber wooden tee holder secured by a galvlanized nail.  A couple of ball bungies would also do the trick. Took all of 40 seconds to make.

Since mine is on top of artificial turf, I did not want to punch any large holes that a large plastic lawn spike would make. The small nail makes a negligible hole and dissappears once the nail is removed if you need to move the mat.

Thanks for the idea.

not to beat this to death...but I should also mention that to permit a smoother slide action, I did place a thin piece of composite under the mat. This way the mat slides on the composite plate rather than the artificial lawn. It really works, and looks pretty good, small, neat. e.t.c. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

not to beat this to death...but I should also mention that to permit a smoother slide action, I did place a thin piece of composite under the mat. This way the mat slides on the composite plate rather than the artificial lawn. It really works, and looks pretty good, small, neat. e.t.c. 

yep - I put mine down atop pavers for a smoother slide/retract. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• 1 year later...

old standby but better than crushed can or bottle....Place under trail instep .Helps with eliminating sway on backswing and promotes weight forward. Place under toe of lead foot to keep weight near the heel for better follow through. OK for practice, but might raise an eyebrow or two during actual round.

IMG_20181023_152534567.thumb.jpg.8b0ccdd16b75b12b45ebe95479ad4ec8.jpg

Now THIS gives "foot wedge" a different meaning.....

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

Note: This thread is 2008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!