• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
alforsythe13

Best Used 3 Wood under $50

5 hours ago, MarvChamp said:

2013? Adams new tight lies fairway wood. - Marv

Good start. I've seen these second-generation Tight Lies for $29.  (First version came in late 1990s). Most popular model is 16*.

Callaway Preowned has some Hawkeye Titanium and Warbird FWs from circa 2000 for under $50. I stumbled upon 3-5-7-9 woods in Hawkeye, bought them for heritage purposes, and can say they fly pretty good.(I play Calla 815 Alpha FWs from 2015). 

Callaway X FWs (2008) cost under $50; you'll have to hunt the used club bins, and the shaft was a bit heavy, but give 'em a try if the store has some sort of return policy.

The Tour Edge XRails and Exotics FWs a few years old can be had for under $100 (originally $250+), but under $50 is hard to find unless they're really beat up. I played two different TE FW set-ups since 2002.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Everyone. I saw on RBG that they have Adam's 3 woods brand new for $30 on there clearance. What's best choice between the Adam's Blue, Adam's Speedline Super S, and Adam's Tight lies? I'm a lefty that tends to shoot a slight fade.

I just sold my Titleist 915 3 wood for $50. It wasnt new and showed it, but the club still worked great. If you're talking about brand new clubs, cant go wrong with Adams. 

My Callaway BB Steelhead III will only be pulled from my cold, dead hands. ;-)  Has been my go-to/money club for a long time; easy to hit, easy to shape, and hits air-boring missiles that rival some of my drives.  $29 from Callaway Pre-owned, and in the $16-$18 range used elsewhere.

My EX9 3-wood... Just kidding

As @WUTiger said in a previous post, you can't go wrong with Adams, however, If you don't mind 2 year old clubs RockBottomGolf has The :touredge: Exotics E8 and E8 Beta for around $50 or so... And those fairways are actually very very good.

P.S. and off topic @iacas, would you please try to find a way to shortcut the Exotics logo?

On 9/20/2017 at 10:27 AM, alforsythe13 said:

Thanks Everyone. I saw on RBG that they have Adam's 3 woods brand new for $30 on there clearance. What's best choice between the Adam's Blue, Adam's Speedline Super S, and Adam's Tight lies? I'm a lefty that tends to shoot a slight fade.

I haven't hit the Blue but bagged the Tight Lies last year, sold it on eBay and bought the super S for this year new for cheap. They might be good for you if you naturally fade it cuz for me BOTH of them tend to hook more than any other club in my bag. I will also add that the Tight Lies is better for off the deck, the Super S is better off the tee.

2 hours ago, PJCdude said:

I haven't hit the Blue but bagged the Tight Lies last year, sold it on eBay and bought the super S for this year new for cheap. They might be good for you if you naturally fade it cuz for me BOTH of them tend to hook more than any other club in my bag. I will also add that the Tight Lies is better for off the deck, the Super S is better off the tee.

I liked the new Tight Lies because of its shallow face like a hybrid and the Bassara shaft. But I don't know about the Blue or Super S. Suggest checking out MyGolfSpy for reviews and tests. Yes, there is a little offset and hook tendency. But I moved the ball forward and got that under control. -Marv

Yea I don't have a high SS (90-95) but I DO have a quick transition and I think that worked against me with the Bassara. The stiff flex felt very much like regular.