• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:

I haven"t personally tried them, however I hear good things about them. They are a little on the pricey side for a super-game improvement club, however, Parfield thinks anyone with a handicap of 20 or higher should be giving them a try,,, Cleveland also released the Launcher CBX irons for people who prefer a more traditional looking iron with Game-Improvement Characteristics.

I'm surprised Tour Edge hasn't tried to sue Cleveland/Srixon yet. Tour Edge now has two iron sets out named the CBX... The CBX Forged and The CBX Blade... which look pretty as can be.

I'm sure a golf shop over there should have a demo or two of it...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd be interested in knowing if they have a higher Maltby playability Factor than the old launchers. They were really easy to hit.- Marv

I as blown away this morning when I saw the new Cleveland woods and irons in Golf Digest.

At the 2015 St. Louis Golf Expo, the regional Cleveland/Srixon rep had told me that Cleveland was going to focus on wedges and recreational clubs, while Srixon would focus on clubs for competition golfers. I noted, however, that the past 18 months the Cleveland site only talked about wedges and putters.

So, it was good to see the GD ad on the new Cleveland Launcher woods and irons.

Circa 2009, the Cleveland CG16 irons lost out to the Callaway X20 irons when I was redoing my bag. And,  I played a mix of CG14 wedges until last summer.

Good to see Cleveland rebounding beyond wedges and putters. 

On 9/22/2017 at 4:36 PM, onthehunt526 said:

I'm surprised Tour Edge hasn't tried to sue Cleveland/Srixon yet. Tour Edge now has two iron sets out named the CBX... The CBX Forged and The CBX Blade... which look pretty as can be.

Several golf club manufacturers have used variations on CB in the designations of their cavity-back iron models. I doubt such a suit would go anywhere; it would be like trying to copyright the terms grooves and dimples.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades