IGNORED

Cut Golf Company Golf balls

Note: This thread is 1547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 3/13/2018 at 12:53 PM, colin007 said:

Anyone have any experience with Cut Golf? They have a 4 piece urethane ball they're selling at $19.xx a dozen, even less and free shipping if you buy 6 or more

https://www.cutgolfco.com/

I know this is a little late..., but i haven't logged on in awhile.  I really like the ball, and for me it performs as well as any other 4 piece urethane ball does.  Though as my handicap is curreny a 6 and will probably be a 7 at the next revision I'm not the most consistent subject.  

I have recently switched to Vice Pro Plus only because they offer a neon green ball which practically glows, really easy to find.

• Like 1

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I just started using the Cut Blue (4 piece urethane tour ball) .... I gave it a shot after it made an appearance in Golf Digest on this year's Hot List. It also happen to show up with the highest spin on the spin chart.

My game was improving and I'm just not interested in putting money into expensive tour level golf balls. That money can go toward lessons, equipment, etc..

However, after trying these the first time, (Mid-Handicapper @ 17 by the way) I cannot see myself changing. I've heard feedback on the logo looking a bit cheap. If that's the only argument against it, you're winning. Personally i have no issue with the logo.

Here's what I think: 

The feel off the putter is great and I noticed it right away in comparison to the other balls I'd been playing. Make no mistake it is a tour level performance ball. I say this with regard to the irons and short game. My experience off the tee has been the same with each ball I play, plus or minus a few yards. To watch this ball check up, or pull back on a green is fun to see when it happens. I've played the same ball for 3 rounds. I find them to be very durable also. Everyone in my group asks about them now and I've given a few sleeves away to the guys in the league I play in.

Bottom line, they feel good, they play well and worth every penny.. 

They are $19.99. You will pay 5 bucks for shipping. However, if you order 3 or 4 dozen it's $10 bucks for shipping. Buy one box and they throw a 10% off coupon in the box for your next order.

Hitt'em straight guys and gals...

2 hours ago, eddiex72 said:

It also happen to show up with the highest spin on the spin chart.

Yea I saw that too. It got me intrigued...

To watch this ball check up, or pull back on a green is fun to see when it happens.

...until I read this. I don't want my ball to suck back on a green. I'm not sure if I really need more spin.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I just started using the Cut Blue (4 piece urethane tour ball) .... I gave it a shot after it made an appearance in Golf Digest on this year's Hot List. It also happen to show up with the highest spin on the spin chart.

My game was improving and I'm just not interested in putting money into expensive tour level golf balls. That money can go toward lessons, equipment, etc..

However, after trying these the first time, (Mid-Handicapper @ 17 by the way) I cannot see myself changing. I've heard feedback on the logo looking a bit cheap. If that's the only argument against it, you're winning. Personally i have no issue with the logo.

Here's what I think: 

The feel off the putter is great and I noticed it right away in comparison to the other balls I'd been playing. Make no mistake it is a tour level performance ball. I say this with regard to the irons and short game. My experience off the tee has been the same with each ball I play, plus or minus a few yards. To watch this ball check up, or pull back on a green is fun to see when it happens. I've played the same ball for 3 rounds. I find them to be very durable also. Everyone in my group asks about them now and I've given a few sleeves away to the guys in the league I play in.

Bottom line, they feel good, they play well and worth every penny.. 

They are $19.99. You will pay 5 bucks for shipping. However, if you order 3 or 4 dozen it's $10 bucks for shipping. Buy one box and they throw a 10% off coupon in the box for your next order.

Oi, now I gotta check that box for the coupon. 😛

I'm not too choosey with balls yet - right now, the price is more enticing than the performance.

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Yea I saw that too. It got me intrigued...

...until I read this. I don't want my ball to suck back on a green. I'm not sure if I really need more spin.

I can understand that. I’m getting a better understanding of my carry distances. I’d like to ball to stop at the distance I’m shooting for. At least very close. A year ago I didn’t understand that. Playing any ball can make a difference there. I don’t want to have to guess how far it’s going to roll out. 

93B30F35-5373-45FC-A981-722CADBE9DF5.jpeg

16 hours ago, eddiex72 said:

You can also opt to go the Vice route and buy them in bulk (3, 5, 7, or 10 dozen).  With that you get free shipping.  5 dozen goes for $94.75 compared to the $125 for Vice (not that Vice are expensive).

If they'd release an high visibility version of their Cut Blue I'd probably go back to them.  As it stands I still have 5 dozen Cut Grey sitting at the house for if I hit a shortage.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

• 6 months later...

I've been using the Grey for about 4-5 months now. Not as good as a PRO V but for the $, it's the ball I play. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

14 hours ago, Hncjc said:

I have been reading lately about these balls. Cheaper tha Snell. Anyone play both of these?  How do they compare?

Not a direct comparison to the Snell but still a good review

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

11 minutes ago, 3jacker said:

Can they be worked right-to-left (by a righty)?

As long as your club face is closed to the club path then yeah. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, klineka said:

As long as your club face is closed to the club path then yeah. 

Right over your head, Kevin.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Right over your head, Kevin.

:doh::-$ I get it now. Derp.

10 hours ago, klineka said:

:doh::-$ I get it now. Derp.

I almost spit my coffee out!😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 2/28/2019 at 10:45 PM, Hncjc said:

I have been reading lately about these balls. Cheaper tha Snell. Anyone play both of these?  How do they compare?

@nevets88 gave me a couple of sleeves of the Blue to try and I kind of didn't like them. They spun too much on greenside shots and I hit a bunch of chips that grabbed on the first bounce and stopped instead of rolling out towards the hole (insert blue balls joke here). Some other short game shots would react as I expected, so the consistency of performance was a bit of an issue (insert blue balls joke here).

They were fine off the tee and with approach shots. They're good for the price, but for a little bit more I'd rather play Snell which has been a good ball for me.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, got an email saying they're ending their bulk buys on 3/17

I've played the matte yellow 2 piece, they're nice balls and very durable. 

Colin P.

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but...

IMG_20200102_142340629.thumb.jpg.e78ce8bcf112a5b9bfdf9bbb1e4d3020.jpgI found out why the named the Cuts Blue and Gray...I tried Vice Pro Soft and liked them a lot but can't stand the matte covers...can't clean them like you can the glossy covers.  The photo shows Vice Pro soft and Cut Blue & Gray.

Some reviews say that the Cut balls have a delicate cover and will shred easily with iron / wedge shots, but I only experienced that once this past summer.  I plan on playing the Cut Blue this year.

Edited by Gripit
grammar
  • Like 1

Approaching "70"....age, not score...

Ping G5 10.5 driver and 3w, TFC 100 R

Maltby H3, H4, H5, Maltby Pro Series R

Pinhawk SL 6i-Aw, Maltby Pro Series R

Maltby TSW 54 & 58, Maltby Pro Series S (tip trimmed to 8i length for the "spinner shaft" effect...experiment that seems to be one of my better decisions!)

Maltby Pure-Track PTM-1, 33" with +2* loft added

thanks for sharing!

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Note: This thread is 1547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!