Jump to content
baller7345

Cut Golf Company Golf balls

38 posts / 11905 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

On 3/13/2018 at 12:53 PM, colin007 said:

Anyone have any experience with Cut Golf? They have a 4 piece urethane ball they're selling at $19.xx a dozen, even less and free shipping if you buy 6 or more

https://www.cutgolfco.com/

I know this is a little late..., but i haven't logged on in awhile.  I really like the ball, and for me it performs as well as any other 4 piece urethane ball does.  Though as my handicap is curreny a 6 and will probably be a 7 at the next revision I'm not the most consistent subject.  

I have recently switched to Vice Pro Plus only because they offer a neon green ball which practically glows, really easy to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just started using the Cut Blue (4 piece urethane tour ball) .... I gave it a shot after it made an appearance in Golf Digest on this year's Hot List. It also happen to show up with the highest spin on the spin chart.

My game was improving and I'm just not interested in putting money into expensive tour level golf balls. That money can go toward lessons, equipment, etc..

However, after trying these the first time, (Mid-Handicapper @ 17 by the way) I cannot see myself changing. I've heard feedback on the logo looking a bit cheap. If that's the only argument against it, you're winning. Personally i have no issue with the logo.

Here's what I think: 

The feel off the putter is great and I noticed it right away in comparison to the other balls I'd been playing. Make no mistake it is a tour level performance ball. I say this with regard to the irons and short game. My experience off the tee has been the same with each ball I play, plus or minus a few yards. To watch this ball check up, or pull back on a green is fun to see when it happens. I've played the same ball for 3 rounds. I find them to be very durable also. Everyone in my group asks about them now and I've given a few sleeves away to the guys in the league I play in.

Bottom line, they feel good, they play well and worth every penny.. 

They are $19.99. You will pay 5 bucks for shipping. However, if you order 3 or 4 dozen it's $10 bucks for shipping. Buy one box and they throw a 10% off coupon in the box for your next order.

Hitt'em straight guys and gals...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eddiex72 said:

It also happen to show up with the highest spin on the spin chart.

Yea I saw that too. It got me intrigued...

2 hours ago, eddiex72 said:

To watch this ball check up, or pull back on a green is fun to see when it happens.

...until I read this. I don't want my ball to suck back on a green. I'm not sure if I really need more spin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, eddiex72 said:

I just started using the Cut Blue (4 piece urethane tour ball) .... I gave it a shot after it made an appearance in Golf Digest on this year's Hot List. It also happen to show up with the highest spin on the spin chart.

My game was improving and I'm just not interested in putting money into expensive tour level golf balls. That money can go toward lessons, equipment, etc..

However, after trying these the first time, (Mid-Handicapper @ 17 by the way) I cannot see myself changing. I've heard feedback on the logo looking a bit cheap. If that's the only argument against it, you're winning. Personally i have no issue with the logo.

Here's what I think: 

The feel off the putter is great and I noticed it right away in comparison to the other balls I'd been playing. Make no mistake it is a tour level performance ball. I say this with regard to the irons and short game. My experience off the tee has been the same with each ball I play, plus or minus a few yards. To watch this ball check up, or pull back on a green is fun to see when it happens. I've played the same ball for 3 rounds. I find them to be very durable also. Everyone in my group asks about them now and I've given a few sleeves away to the guys in the league I play in.

Bottom line, they feel good, they play well and worth every penny.. 

They are $19.99. You will pay 5 bucks for shipping. However, if you order 3 or 4 dozen it's $10 bucks for shipping. Buy one box and they throw a 10% off coupon in the box for your next order.

Hitt'em straight guys and gals...

 

 

Oi, now I gotta check that box for the coupon. 😛

I'm not too choosey with balls yet - right now, the price is more enticing than the performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Yea I saw that too. It got me intrigued...

...until I read this. I don't want my ball to suck back on a green. I'm not sure if I really need more spin.

I can understand that. I’m getting a better understanding of my carry distances. I’d like to ball to stop at the distance I’m shooting for. At least very close. A year ago I didn’t understand that. Playing any ball can make a difference there. I don’t want to have to guess how far it’s going to roll out. 

93B30F35-5373-45FC-A981-722CADBE9DF5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, eddiex72 said:

They are $19.99. You will pay 5 bucks for shipping. However, if you order 3 or 4 dozen it's $10 bucks for shipping. Buy one box and they throw a 10% off coupon in the box for your next order.

Hitt'em straight guys and gals...

 

 

You can also opt to go the Vice route and buy them in bulk (3, 5, 7, or 10 dozen).  With that you get free shipping.  5 dozen goes for $94.75 compared to the $125 for Vice (not that Vice are expensive).

If they'd release an high visibility version of their Cut Blue I'd probably go back to them.  As it stands I still have 5 dozen Cut Grey sitting at the house for if I hit a shortage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been using the Grey for about 4-5 months now. Not as good as a PRO V but for the $, it's the ball I play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, Hncjc said:

I have been reading lately about these balls. Cheaper tha Snell. Anyone play both of these?  How do they compare?

Not a direct comparison to the Snell but still a good review

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, 3jacker said:

Can they be worked right-to-left (by a righty)?

As long as your club face is closed to the club path then yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/28/2019 at 10:45 PM, Hncjc said:

I have been reading lately about these balls. Cheaper tha Snell. Anyone play both of these?  How do they compare?

@nevets88 gave me a couple of sleeves of the Blue to try and I kind of didn't like them. They spun too much on greenside shots and I hit a bunch of chips that grabbed on the first bounce and stopped instead of rolling out towards the hole (insert blue balls joke here). Some other short game shots would react as I expected, so the consistency of performance was a bit of an issue (insert blue balls joke here).

They were fine off the tee and with approach shots. They're good for the price, but for a little bit more I'd rather play Snell which has been a good ball for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just a heads up, got an email saying they're ending their bulk buys on 3/17

I've played the matte yellow 2 piece, they're nice balls and very durable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know this is an old thread, but...

IMG_20200102_142340629.thumb.jpg.e78ce8bcf112a5b9bfdf9bbb1e4d3020.jpgI found out why the named the Cuts Blue and Gray...I tried Vice Pro Soft and liked them a lot but can't stand the matte covers...can't clean them like you can the glossy covers.  The photo shows Vice Pro soft and Cut Blue & Gray.

Some reviews say that the Cut balls have a delicate cover and will shred easily with iron / wedge shots, but I only experienced that once this past summer.  I plan on playing the Cut Blue this year.

Edited by Gripit
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...