IGNORED

NHL 2017-2018

Themightyoz
Note: This thread is 2143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

"Game manager" QBs have won Super Bowls.

And a number one center only plays 1/3 of the game.

Both of those statements are true. So, the entire NHLPA is granted free agency in a redraft. You have the first overall pick. You're taking a goalie?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Slugox said:

Both of those statements are true. So, the entire NHLPA is granted free agency in a redraft. You have the first overall pick. You're taking a goalie?

Possibly, but probably not. I'm probably taking Crosby, because good goalies will still be around after all the other GMs take a center in the first round. It'd be a pretty good second round pick though, because there might only be 10 great goalies in the league.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

Possibly, but probably not. I'm probably taking Crosby, because good goalies will still be around after all the other GMs take a center in the first round. It'd be a pretty good second round pick though, because there might only be 10 great goalies in the league.

Interesting. I probably wouldn't go goalie until round 7-8-9 myself. There's certainly numerous ways to do it. 

8 hours ago, billchao said:

You know his extension doesn't kick in until next year, right? He still has a $6.5 mil cap hit this year, but it's going to get worse.

Ok. Sure. I didn't mean literally.

It's been pretty damn rough this year and that's a big chunk of the payroll. Thinking long thoughts on our GM.

3 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Ok. Sure. I didn't mean literally.

It's been pretty damn rough this year and that's a big chunk of the payroll. Thinking long thoughts on our GM.

Obviously.

All I'm saying is, if he's not playing to his value at $6.5 mil, wait till his cap hit is $10.5 mil next year, then for 7 more after that as he declines over the course of that contract. Rangers fans know what I'm talking about.

They could have let him walk and signed a serviceable goaltender at half the price to use the cap savings elsewhere, but then they'd be chasing Bergevin out of town with pitchforks and torches.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 minutes ago, billchao said:

Obviously.

All I'm saying is, if he's not playing to his value at $6.5 mil, wait till his cap hit is $10.5 mil next year, then for 7 more after that as he declines over the course of that contract. Rangers fans know what I'm talking about.

They could have let him walk and signed a serviceable goaltender at half the price to use the cap savings elsewhere, but then they'd be chasing Bergevin out of town with pitchforks and torches.

Cary has had some very solid seasons, but one guy keeps popping in my head when I see a contact like that ...

Rick Dipietro.

20 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Cary has had some very solid seasons, but one guy keeps popping in my head when I see a contact like that ...

Rick Dipietro.

Garth Snow makes Todd Chiarelli look like Scotty Bowman.

Corey

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that tonight’s drubbing at the hands of the Blues was the worst I’ve seen the Oilers play in just about a decade.  And I’ve watched a lot of Oilers hockey.  

Corey

I've been distracting myself with football and the year's last gasps of decent golf weather from the horror show that the Habs have become. Happy to have not seen the 6-0 drubbing to the Leafs. My buddy tried to raze me about it the other day. All he got was a shrug.

The loss last night in Dallas was the fourth in a row. I'm not looking forward to the end of the football season.

Edited by mcanadiens

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2017 at 12:25 PM, Warren Zevon said:

Wow, last night the Habs looked like...Edmonton.  I hope the Oil can win tonight against the Leafs.  

I was joking with my brother that the Canadiens blew their monthly allotment of goals with that 10-1 game against Detroit. 

Bergevin took a so-so team that finished last year and made them worse. Habs miss Markov and Radulov. Price has been really hot-or-cold and the cold is freezing bad. You know your club's in trouble when Brendan Gallagher is leading the scoring. 

Edmonton has had a great three game road trip, probably the best the team has played all season.  

It was great watching them rout the Jackets last night.  I don’t watch a lot of Columbus hockey, do Foligno and Dubinsky always play like such douches?

Corey

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

do Foligno and Dubinsky always play like such douches?

Yes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Edmonton has had a great three game road trip, probably the best the team has played all season.  

It was great watching them rout the Jackets last night.  I don’t watch a lot of Columbus hockey, do Foligno and Dubinsky always play like such douches?

I was in and out of the game last night, but from what I did see it was one of the worst CBJ performances all year. The slot in front of Bob the Goalie looked wide open for business.

As far as Foligno and Dubinsky go, presumably you are referring to the fights at the end of the game. It was sort of an "I care" moment from Captain Foligno at the end of a butt kicking. Who knows what Dubinsky was thinking with Kassian? 

Splurge time.

My Leafs-fan buddy and I are going to the CBJ game Wednesday night. He's threatening $65 seats, so it might be a ramen-noodle Christmas this year. ... Will have to limit myself to just one of those $10 beers or whatever it's up to by now.

None-the-less, really looking forward to it.

It's the big trip to Nationwide tonight for Leafs v. CBJ.

Jackets are coming off two horrible performances against Edmonton and Boston. Toronto swamped Carolina 8-1 yesterday. Torts must be getting mellow in his old age. He let em have the day off after that shellacking by the Bruins. Ten years ago, Torts would have skated them into the ice.

It's a chunk of money for me, but I'm hoping for a decent game tonight.

Note: This thread is 2143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!