IGNORED

NHL 2017-2018

Themightyoz
Note: This thread is 2137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 hours ago, iacas said:

While I was reading it, the Penguins scored another four goals.

I kid, I kid…

Philly should really consider putting a goalie in when they play.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the East belongs to Boston this year. I'm a Lightning season ticket holder and I have to admit that Boston might be a better team (when they are completely healthy).

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

1 hour ago, Bucki1968 said:

I think the East belongs to Boston this year. I'm a Lightning season ticket holder and I have to admit that Boston might be a better team (when they are completely healthy).

Bite your tongue. It far too early for that level of negativity.

Besides, in this season from hell, Boston not winning the Cup is all I got left.

No call on the ice and I'm not holding my breath waiting for the Department of Player Safety.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, billchao said:

No call on the ice and I'm not holding my breath waiting for the Department of Player Safety.

Giroux got nothing for his hit on Letang. That’s probably not going to get anything. Minor fine at most.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Three tries to get it to the little girl. Come on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Three tries to get it to the little girl. Come on.

Maybe it's just how I was raised, but if that was me who caught the second puck, I would have handed it to the little girl the player was trying to get the puck to, instead of my own kid. Sorry, son.

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

On 4/17/2018 at 10:39 AM, billchao said:

Have you not cup-checked anyone before? 

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

No, I'm not a douchebag.

• Upvote 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

24 minutes ago, billchao said:

No, I'm not a douchebag.

There was a phase or two as kids when we'd do that. Didn't take long for people to start making sure the old supporter was where it needed to be.

Of course, kids are douchebags.

3 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

There was a phase or two as kids when we'd do that. Didn't take long for people to start making sure the old supporter was where it needed to be.

Of course, kids are douchebags.

Victor Herman isn't a kid. 

Bill

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

Victor Herman isn't a kid. 

Well some people can remain douchebags even after they become adults. Maybe he's one of them.

Let me start off by saying I know nothing about hockey. I went to one game in my life and had beer dumped on me.  I have seen the game in short spurts on TV , but that's about it. 

Now my wife, and daughter love the game. They have been trying to get me to go to one of the local Las Vegas games. I made them a deal that if the Vegas team won their first playoff round, I would go. 

So I guess I am going to a few hockey games. Outside of buying a Vegas Team hat, and yelling at the appropriate times, I am going to assume I will be having a good time. I hear tell they serve cold beer. :beer:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

13 hours ago, Patch said:

Let me start off by saying I know nothing about hockey. I went to one game in my life and had beer dumped on me.  I have seen the game in short spurts on TV , but that's about it. 

Now my wife, and daughter love the game. They have been trying to get me to go to one of the local Las Vegas games. I made them a deal that if the Vegas team won their first playoff round, I would go. 

So I guess I am going to a few hockey games. Outside of buying a Vegas Team hat, and yelling at the appropriate times, I am going to assume I will be having a good time. I hear tell they serve cold beer. :beer:

You should have a great time.  I haven’t been there to watch hockey, but Vegas is supposed to have one of the more entertaining fan experiences in the league.  

Glad to see Anaheim swept.  I can’t stand that team.   

Sharks and the Knights should be an interesting second round matchup.  

Corey

14 hours ago, Patch said:

So I guess I am going to a few hockey games.

Have fun. It should definitely be an interesting experience. 

Also appreciate the fact that you are seeing one of the more preposterous things in NHL history, a first-year expansion team that has dominated on the way to the playoffs. The NHL has traditionally had expansion drafts that assure the newcomer of being hopelessly bad. 

17 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Unless they wear different cups for hockey than baseball, a cup doesnt protect underneath like that...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

17 minutes ago, klineka said:

Unless they wear different cups for hockey than baseball, a cup doesnt protect underneath like that...

Can't say that I've ever really compared them. Any baseball playing I ever did was without.

Also, I never meant to suggest a cup-check would be entirely painless. That was part of the point.

Note: This thread is 2137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!