• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Themightyoz

NHL 2017-2018

I'm hoping my Oilers can continue to improve like last season.   McDavid for Prime Minister!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lots of moves, but I don't think the Habs got any better over the summer. The blue line worries me.

Opening night hat trick for McDavid.  He's on pace for a 240 goal season!

Jeez. 7-2 Leafies over Jets. ... I'm really not sure I'm mentally prepared to see a contending Toronto team yet.

They don't ask how, they ask how many, but 45 shots against Buffalo seems a bit much. I guess if you pay Price the big bucks you may as well ask him to stop a ton of rubber.

Delighted to see the Habs have company for worst single game performances in the recent past (last year's shellacking to the CBJ). Looking at that 10-1 loss of yours Penguins. 

8 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Yay, my team sucks again!

Wanna trade? 

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Wanna trade? 

Sigh...another year of ineptitude. We'll be wanting Markov back...

Blashill & Holland still are employed for who knows what reason, and the Wings are simply going to repeat what they did last season, which is nothing, as long as the incompetence is to remain at those positions, ugh. 

2 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Sigh...another year of ineptitude. We'll be wanting Markov back...

Huge loss. Your GM is bad at his job.

Too bad it was Canadiens or bust for Markov because I would have gladly signed him up for NJ.

9 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Wanna trade? 

I’m good, thanks.  I see the Habs took a chance on Hemsky.  I can remember when he was hands down Edmonton’s most exciting player.  

My team is off to a decent start. (Other than being shut out twice). Calgary actually is off to a start where if we just maintain this sort of pace (66% points) we should be fine. We dug ourselves a huge hole last season, which is why we ended up... Well getting swept by the Ducks.

Vegas has been a nice surprise so far, but will it last. Can they make the playoffs? We'll see.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • I think providing people dont turn up in speedo's and flip flops it shouldnt matter what you wear. If im at the range i'll generally be in Jeans/Joggers, t-shirt and trainers. Personally i dont understand the guys that turn up in their full gear to hit a basket of balls then go home, but each to their own i suppose. The way i see it is the range isnt just for dedicated golfers. Its a place for people to try it out, to have a bit of fun or, in my case, to spend some time with my 4 year old that doesnt involve staying in building train sets (fun but nice to get out). If someone turns up and they are not dressed to your liking or sound like they are having "too much fun" just ignore them and focus on what you are doing. I find it actually helps me when there is noise next to me as if i can hit good shots with a group of lads laughing next to me then not much can distract me on the course.
    • Zero.   I can't remember ever coming closer than 3 feet in about 40 years of off and on golf.  I guess I need to improve my iron play. 
    • And dawn of the big day has arrived at the Talamore Golf Resort. Or it will soon, anyway. Sand Trappers everywhere are rising to catch sight of the first scoreboard of the day, so we won't disappoint you and make you wait any longer than necessary. Teams for the morning foursomes are set.   I was able to zip south in time to catch the end of dinner at the Carolina Hotel at Pinehurst, as the coaches squared off to announce the teams. Sorry no group photo yet, and just a candid, but you can already sense that the East has more gray hair, but the West needs to do more stretching! I'll refrain from posting pics yet about some of the bling the teams received last night, but let's just say we should all hope for a tie in this Newport Cup match, to be decided by a sudden death fashion show: the all-red Pizza Delivery men vs the Jet Blue flight attendants.   
    • Drop and stop is realistic for a 15 handicap, as is sucking it back for a +1 handicap... I haven't updated my profile handicap in a while... But we'll go with I'm in the middle... Can I suck it back? Ummm... Maybe a foot or so... Am I a drop and stop sort of guy... More or less. But in this next phase of my game, I'm playing shots that are much more consistent than what I was hitting before. If I miss a green from 150 yards and in now, it's not by very much... I played 27 holes yesterday, I did only hit 9/27 greens in regulation, however, almost all of my missed greens were nGIR, and most of those we within 10 feet of the edge. It's definitely better than it was with this way of playing shots from 150 yards and in, because with my driving distance most of my iron shots into par-4s on my home course are from 150 yards and in. "GIR is King, nGIR is Queen."- Lowest Score Wins.  As a side note, that is only tangentially related. (It's a slightly different skill)  My pitches and chips have started to get better, since I purposely started playing the shorter swing shots.
    • Maybe you should be honest with him.   Give him all the reasons you cited in your post.  Tell him you won't play with him unless he gets some decent clubs and takes a few lessons.   Also, for the sake of all of us, tell him he gets a maximum of 8 swings per hole, or maybe a maximum of double-par, and then he has to pick up and go to the next hole, because he's holding up everyone else on the course.         
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. AggieZac
      AggieZac
      (23 years old)
    2. BAnderson
      BAnderson
      (37 years old)
    3. bwoody
      bwoody
      (45 years old)
    4. homertpb