IGNORED

Golf shorts - pocket within a pocket

Note: This thread is 2374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, bedocoman said:

The guy who thought that putting a little pocket within the right front pocket of golf shorts is a good idea

You are very very wrong sir and if I ever meet you I'll be glad to show you how wrong you are.  That is all.

Regards,

It is weird and stuff gets stuck in there. I find it after a bunch of washings. If it was paper, it is a ball now.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, bedocoman said:

The guy who thought that putting a little pocket within the right front pocket of golf shorts is a good idea

You are very very wrong sir and if I ever meet you I'll be glad to show you how wrong you are.  That is all.

Regards,

True dat!  :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

This annoys me with regular pants too. My phone and my wallet get all tangled with the pocket.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

6 hours ago, bedocoman said:

Regards,

You must be trolling. That pocket is the worst idea ever. If my ball mark gets caught up in there, It looks like I'm masterbating or something trying to get it out. Booooo this man..

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

You must be trolling. That pocket is the worst idea ever. If my ball mark gets caught up in there, It looks like I'm masterbating or something trying to get it out. Booooo this man..

You misread his post. He thinks it's a terrible idea (as do I).

• Like 1

First thing I do is take a pair of scissors to that thing. Worst clothing design idea ever.

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

15 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

First thing I do is take a pair of scissors to that thing. Worst clothing design idea ever.

I wondered when the complaining would stop and common sense would prevail.  :beer:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I wondered when the complaining would stop and common sense would prevail.  :beer:

Doesn't that void the warranty? Ya know like the pillow labels? Man, u guys are lawless.

• Like 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

It all depends on how you use the pockets.

Ball markers never come out of any pocket without hassle. That's why i now have a magnetic one that clips to my cap. (The hefty poker-chip marker lasted about half a season. About four times a round someone would complain the chip was too big to putt over.)

With a hat clip, things get more organized. I can keep a ball repair tool - big enough to feel in the subpocket - and a replacement ball and a couple of tees in my left main pocket. That way, I don't have both side pockets full of fertilizer and dirt at the end of the  round. I feel no need to fertilize my cell phone.

As for trousers, the sub-pockets are quite handy. If I'm trying to be casual, one sub-pocket can handle my business-card case, and the other my comb. That way, I have keys in one main pocket and cell phone in the other.

Now if better clubs could get rid of their cargo-shorts angst, this would alleviate the golf-pocket crisis. I'm surprised Golf Digest hasn't written a cover story on cargo shorts. :-O

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

20 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Doesn't that void the warranty? Ya know like the pillow labels? Man, u guys are lawless.

I am quite the rebel, I cut the label off my mattress as well. :-O

16 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

It all depends on how you use the pockets.

I normally use my pockets to hold stuff, at which point one large pocket I feel is sufficient, that little pocket just complicates things.

16 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

Ball markers never come out of any pocket without hassle. That's why i now have a magnetic one that clips to my cap. (The hefty poker-chip marker lasted about half a season. About four times a round someone would complain the chip was too big to putt over.)

With a hat clip, things get more organized. I can keep a ball repair tool - big enough to feel in the subpocket - and a replacement ball and a couple of tees in my left main pocket. That way, I don't have both side pockets full of fertilizer and dirt at the end of the  round. I feel no need to fertilize my cell phone.

The Director of Golf at my course banned the use of the hat clips. :-P According to him they were designed for women and a real man would never use one. I myself don't have quite the strong opinion of them, but I don't believe I have ever seen a tour pro use one so maybe he's right. Either way the razzing I would get for using one would be too much to handle.

17 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

As for trousers, the sub-pockets are quite handy. If I'm trying to be casual, one sub-pocket can handle my business-card case, and the other my comb. That way, I have keys in one main pocket and cell phone in the other.

I don't think I have ever carried that many items in my pockets at one time..ever. Especially while playing golf.

22 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

Now if better clubs could get rid of their cargo-shorts angst, this would alleviate the golf-pocket crisis. I'm surprised Golf Digest hasn't written a cover story on cargo shorts. :-O

Cargo shorts are for camping, not for the golf course. :-P

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

8 hours ago, bedocoman said:

Regards,

You sir have just found the secret to uniting our country!!!

12 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Either way the razzing I would get for using one would be too much to handle.

I'm shocked, shocked!:angry: to find such hostile attitudes in NM.  I assumed the state which hosts the Rio Grande Arts & Crafts Festival  would be more tolerant of such functional adornments as cap marker clips.

Edited by WUTiger

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Sorry, if you ever find your way to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta leave your hat clip in the car or we WILL make you cry! ;-)

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

I am quite the rebel, I cut the label off my mattress as well. :-O

OT: While legal, you may have voided your warranty. That's all. The tag is only legally required for retailers, manufacturers, etc. IIRC.

Also, I don't have many pants or shorts with the little pocket. On jeans I understand it's the "coin pocket," and I've used it for things from time to time (like a movie ticket, which I don't need to get, but don't want to lose for a little while, and while I won't be going into and out of my pockets for awhile).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

OT: While legal, you may have voided your warranty. That's all. The tag is only legally required for retailers, manufacturers, etc. IIRC.

:offtopic:BUT...I have been known to cut them off hotel room beds as well! :bugout:

3 hours ago, jamo said:

This annoys me with regular pants too. My phone and my wallet get all tangled with the pocket.

Guys! It's for your pocket watch! We all still carry one of those right?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

45 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

The Director of Golf at my course banned the use of the hat clips. :-P

Even the hats sent out annually to usga members?

47 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Cargo shorts are for camping,

Pace of play issues are not the topic! :content:

(But neither are hat clips. I’ll crawl back into my cave now.)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 2374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!