• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Popeye

Newbie from Scotland!

New to the forum and new to the game!

I'm based in East Lothian in Scotland and started playing back in June and loving it!

I'm afraid that I will be asking lots of daft questions but hey we all have to learn somewhere!

Popeye.

P.s I notice that most members on here are based over the pond in the us but if anyone is over this way and fancies a round just give me a shout!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TheSandTrap, and to golf!  Ask any questions you have, whether you think they're daft or not.  Every one of us started this game from scratch, and have had help from others to get however far we've gotten.  

And I'll definitely be picking your brain at some point.  A few of us are currently making plans to visit your little bit of Scotland next June.  I think we're decided on our choice of golf courses, but we're always hoping for a local's view of pubs and restaurants.

5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

And I'll definitely be picking your brain at some point.  A few of us are currently making plans to visit your little bit of Scotland next June.  I think we're decided on our choice of golf courses, but we're always hoping for a local's view of pubs and restaurants.

I may not be  expert on the courses (yet) but when it comes to pubs I'm your man!

A friend is planning, I think he's booked us at the Duck's in Aberlady.  I know its a small village, but do you have any comments?

thats only about 10 mins away from where I live!

Ducks is a nice wee pub ( although I must say I havn't tried the food there) and Aberlady a beautiful wee village witha great links course 'Kilspindie'-a bit of a hidden gem. further on in Gullane you have another great pub ( plus 4 courses!) called funny enough the 'Golf inn' which does great food and good entertainment. North Berwick is also worth a visit for a day ( plus 2 more courses!).

Finally remember that musselburgh ( aprox 25 min drive) is recorded as having  the oldest course in the world.

Hope ths helps

5 minutes ago, Popeye said:

thats only about 10 mins away from where I live!

Ducks is a nice wee pub ( although I must say I havn't tried the food there) and Aberlady a beautiful wee village witha great links course 'Kilspindie'-a bit of a hidden gem. further on in Gullane you have another great pub ( plus 4 courses!) called funny enough the 'Golf inn' which does great food and good entertainment. North Berwick is also worth a visit for a day ( plus 2 more courses!).

Finally remember that musselburgh ( aprox 25 min drive) is recorded as having  the oldest course in the world.

Hope ths helps

Ta, that's all great.  We're planning to play the West Course at North Berwick and Dunbar.  We have two more days, and are debating among the Glen in NorthBerwick, one of the Gullane  courses, and possibly Kilspindie and/or Craigielaw.  No matter what gets decided, I know we'll have fun.  I know of the Musselburgh Course, in fact I've had a pint in Mrs Foreman's, so I've suggested to the boys that an afternoon there might be a good thing to do as well.  

well no matter where you chose I'm sure you will have a great time-it really is a inredible place for golf, I only wish you luck with our Scottish weather!

Edited by Popeye

44 minutes ago, Popeye said:

I only wish you luck with our Scottish weather!

I went to Scotland a few decades ago.  Loved the people and the scenery.  The weather sucked.  Teenage Fanclub for life!