IGNORED

How old are your irons?

Note: This thread is 2234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I’ve had my current irons for about 10 months.  My previous set I had for around 10 years.  Both sets I got new and was fitted for.  Nothing wrong with my current set but just buying them gave me the bug and now I’m ready for another set.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Callaway Apex MBs are 3 years old (4-9). I am likely to start looking to replace them in two years if something else catches my eye. My driver is brand new, I normally change it every two years. My wedges get changed out every 2-3 years. I play about 75 full 18 hole rounds a year, but I practice quite a bit as well so my irons are well used after 4-5 years.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

On 10/2/2017 at 11:15 PM, WUTiger said:

That's right, C-Taper Lite 105. (I was going from memory in first response.)

Yeah, the lites would be too soft for me...had my attention, those are nice heads.  My Modus 105 stiff is probably as soft as I could go.

2 years old here. But before I got these, my previous set was about 10 years old. Honestly, I can't see myself waiting that long again simply because I'll want to step up to more of a players-style iron that I'll keep for the longer term now that my game has improved. 

titleist never gets old.

My DTR's are 80's vintage.

Edited by wannabe

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

I play Wilson forged musclebacks produced in 1984, looking to move to another Wilson tour blade with better shafts and more weight in the "muscle", kinda like the FG51 or FG62.

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

2017, I have Tour Edge Exotics EXi irons which are still being made by Tour Edge now (they've been making them since 2015)

I also have a set of Tour Edge V-Blades from 2000 I still play with from time to time.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I have old and new sets.

I mostly play my Mizuno MP-67's - about 10 years old.

My Miura MC102's - about 6 years old.

My Pinc ISI BeNi's - about 20+ years old... sometimes my Eye 2 BeCu's as well and they are 25+ years old!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

On 10/3/2017 at 1:26 AM, Canes83 said:

The 72 apexs are apparently the holy grail..snagged an original set by luck jw the worth and if anyone would be interested? From what I've seen it's steep. 

The original Apex blades are nice however, in terms of usability and appearance, the '73 - '78 Apex blades are much more coveted. The "Holy Grail" of ALL Hogan forged blades are the initial "Precision" irons made in late '53 - early '54. Check the prices on eBay for confirmation.

I am not sure. Maybe 10-12 years old. I remember when I purchased them, I told myself they were the last  set of irons I would buy. 

My fairway woods are probably 7, or 8 years old. 

My putter is the great grand pa in my bag. I also have a couple of loose iron clubs that are pretty old. 

Both my irons, and woods still serve me quite well. They are quality stuff. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Irons are from 2008 but guy i bought them off got them as a back up set so they were nearly unused when i bought them. Would i like some new shinies? sure, but as long as the ones i have hit the ball where i want i cant see the point.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

I am pretty new to golf. Been playing since Spring of this year. My irons I bought used on Ebay. They Mizuno JPX 850 Forged, Project X 5.5 shafts. I plan on playing them for quite a while.

Except for my hybrids, which are about 10 years old and still fit quite well,  I have pretty much been through my modern bag this year, upgrading a 12 year old driver, 25 year old irons and fairway wood, and a 37 year old putter and wedge. Except for the driver, I still have all the old friends though.

I have a couple of vintage bags, including some '79 Wilson Staff Tour Blades that my dad got for me while I was in college, and a recently acquired set of Hogan Apex PC's from the late 80's. The irons in these bags are complimented by vintage persimmon or laminated maple woods. For the last several years, I mostly played with vintage gear, hence the lack of upgrades to my modern bag.  This year my first couple of forays were shambles (scrambles) and I sort of got hooked on some upgrades. I am probably done for another 5-10 years as when I find something I like, I tend to hang on to it and not experiment much, although I may start changing out wedges every 2-3 years. After years of scoffing, I got a set of wedges and have gotten addicted to that fresh groove feel and control.

Edited by dbuck

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

• 2 months later...

1996 golfsmith squaretoed blades 1 iron thru 56 deg SW + 60 deg lob all with 1 inch over project X rifled flighted spine alighned 5.5 shafts with golfpride multi compound cord grips, love them with my Powerbilt Citation Persimons for the long shots

Note: This thread is 2234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!