IGNORED

The (No) Sixes Challenge

iacas

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I finally did it! I needed three up and downs on Par 5s to do it. One was really a two putt, but the other two were harder. The first was a high pitch shot over a bunker and a one putt. The second, I chipped way past the hole but made a 20 footer comeback putt. I literally laughed when it went in. I played really well on the par 4 holes and bogeyed all but one par 3. No doubles. I’ve been focusing on eliminating doubles. 

On the last hole, a tough par 4, I pushed my drive way right. I had to hit over trees blind and missed the green right. My pitch caught the rough on the fringe. I chipped to 2 inches for a 5. I’m not a fan of 18 on this course.

Played with a kid named Kyle. I think his dad works for the course. Nice kid but quiet and a low talker. I’m hard of hearing so it made for a quiet round.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3092212

56D16641-19DE-47ED-BF3E-70EFE04892DC.jpeg

1FDD9AF0-8B81-4BBC-B3D3-EAF8C89635AA.jpeg

Congratulations! 

Awesome achievement. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I finally did it! I needed three up and downs on Par 5s to do it.

Nice!

I never thought I would achieve the "no-sixes" challenge. It takes solid play on each par-5 hole, and it seems like on every course, there are enough par-4 holes with double bogey lurking out there to derail the effort.

Luckily for me, my course only has two par-5s, but there are seven par-4s where one wayward shot can make getting home with a 5 a difficult outcome.

1 minute ago, Darkfrog said:

Nice!

I never thought I would achieve the "no-sixes" challenge. It takes solid play on each par-5 hole, and it seems like on every course, there are enough par-4 holes with double bogey lurking out there to derail the effort.

Luckily for me, my course only has two par-5s, but there are seven par-4s where one wayward shot can make getting home with a 5 a difficult outcome.

I wasn’t really thinking of it during the round. Just focused on the next shot. I played poorly off the tee on 3/4 par 3 holes, but well on the par 4. As I get to know this course more, I know where I can miss and how to play certain holes. I think that’s a key. 

Of course I will probably shoot in the high 80s next round. 😜

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

So hard to do

Agreed. You always seem to have a brain-fart hole where you even just make bogey on a par-five and you’re toast. I usually am able to do it about 1 in 4 rounds, and it’s usually a bogey on a par-five that does me in. (Or the occasional brain-fart 6 on a par-3)

1 hour ago, onthehunt526 said:

Agreed. You always seem to have a brain-fart hole where you even just make bogey on a par-five and you’re toast. I usually am able to do it about 1 in 4 rounds, and it’s usually a bogey on a par-five that does me in. (Or the occasional brain-fart 6 on a par-3)

Well, at least you have the par-4s down!  I had a round a few weeks ago at my home course that would have been my second-ever no sixes (first was not at my home course)... played the par-5s in -1 (all pars and a birdie), but two sixes on par-4s did me in for the challenge.  Thankfully I have the badge from two years ago or so, but it'll be nice to have a few more rounds that fit this. 

5 hours ago, Shindig said:

Well, at least you have the par-4s down!  I had a round a few weeks ago at my home course that would have been my second-ever no sixes (first was not at my home course)... played the par-5s in -1 (all pars and a birdie), but two sixes on par-4s did me in for the challenge.  Thankfully I have the badge from two years ago or so, but it'll be nice to have a few more rounds that fit this. 

I’ve only done it once myself

• 2 weeks later...
  • iacas unpinned this topic