IGNORED

The (No) Sixes Challenge

iacas

Another miserable failed weekend.... four 6s on front 9...:pound:

I am supposed to be getting better. I felt good yesterday going in with a great warm up. Just felt completely out of sorts as soon as got on the course and took my address for the 1st tee shot which I usually play with a lot of confidence. 

Only good - had only 2 par 4 bogeys and all pars on the back 9, but had already blown it by then.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love this challenge. It is my goal in life.

I have felt all season that I was getting close, and was 8 holes on the way Saturday, until a lost ball on 9. Blind second shot- I heard the ball hit what I thought was green or fringe. When I got there, there was a ball, but not mine! Wouldn't have mattered as the back nine was a roller coaster.

I will post again when I actually claim it.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

7 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Another miserable failed weekend.... four 6s on front 9...:pound: 

Just felt completely out of sorts as soon as got on the course and took my address for the 1st tee shot which I usually play with a lot of confidence.

The challenge was "in your head"!

I know it was in mine, but after a six on the very first hole the challenge went away, I was able to relax and play my game, and shot fairly well the rest of the round.

Edited by Buckeyebowman

Last four rounds I've gone without having a 6 on my card.

Played today and never put myself in a position where 6 was much of a possibility. Hit the driver really solid.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
Just now, mvmac said:

Last four rounds I've gone without having a 6 on my card.

Played today and never put myself in a position where 6 was much of a possibility. Hit the driver really solid.

Award… awarded!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

The challenge was "in your head"!

I know it was in mine, but after a six on the very first hole the challenge went away, I was able to relax and play my game, and shot fairly well the rest of the round.

@Buckeyebowman, that is absolutely fine. All goals/challenges are 'in your/our head'. If challenges 'make' me hit bad shots then I might as well give up on this challenge now. I don't know about you but I don't plan for brain farts. If I lose my swing, I just gotta find it.

There's another 'mental game' thread for this type of stuff, so back to topic for me now..  

Vishal S.

Played 3 rounds this last weekend. 

79-76-72 (Par 72). All of the rounds have at least one 6 or more. 

On the 72 round i was 2 under thru 16, bogied 17th and on 18th I 3 putted from 30 feet.
But i also bogied 2 Par 5´s before, both with 3 putts from 25 feet.
From this distances i always try to lag the putt, never try to sink them, this weekend the greens were slow, maybe that´s way i couldn´t lag well. 

This challenge it´s getting hard to achieve.  

Played another round with one six on the card: on #17, a par 5, I pushed my second shot into the next fairway right and the third shot was a tad short going over the tallest tree in line with the flag, ricocheted right across the cart path, hole high. A good pitch left me about 8 feet short and still hole high, and the putt barely missed on the low side. I shot 79 (+9) with 9 pars and 9 bogeys...

This challenge is not that easy and I am glad I already claimed the award: I still thrive to succeed in that challenge every round as it is improving my course management and overall likelihood of a lower score. 

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

For the first time in a long time played without a 6 today. Wasn't my lowest score of the season (81, wasn't even close to lowest), but played with the no sixes mentality and prevented any big numbers.

79 with 2 sixes last week, 80 with none this week.  Go figure.  Just a bunch of bogies, but never even close to a 6.

image.jpg

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Shot a 76 this past Saturday with 0 6s. Nothing really spectacular. The biggest highlight I had was making 3 successful punch outs (with my 6i). I got some lucky bounces with my driver (still fighting some demons with that club), but everything else was pretty boring golf...haha. I made a birdie on 7 and gave it right back on 8. I never could really get my approach shots close enough to have good birdie putts.

With all that being said, this was from the white tees where I play with Jacob sometimes. I try to vary my tees from round to round..

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

My best round this week didn't win the challenge.   81 with 2 holes that missed.   That's about as good as it gets without much more practice.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Another fail. Today's round, second hole I remembered the challenge. Par five and I was 78 yards from the hole in 2. Got a flyer from the semi-rough and went over the green and failed to get up and down. Made another one on the 3rd hole and then again on the 10th. Shot 77 on a course I didn't know and the pins were cut pretty tight to the edges a lot, so the rest of it wasn't awful. Next time maybe!

• Administrator
22 hours ago, hilmar2k said:

For the first time in a long time played without a 6 today. Wasn't my lowest score of the season (81, wasn't even close to lowest), but played with the no sixes mentality and prevented any big numbers.

Congrats! BTW you can get other awards here:

5 hours ago, David in FL said:

79 with 2 sixes last week, 80 with none this week.  Go figure.  Just a bunch of bogies, but never even close to a 6.

Congrats.

5 hours ago, TN94z said:

With all that being said, this was from the white tees where I play with Jacob sometimes. I try to vary my tees from round to round..

So do you want the award, or are you waiting to do it from your normal tees?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)
3 hours ago, iacas said:

So do you want the award, or are you waiting to do it from your normal tees?

I’ll wait until I play the back tees again. 

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Missed the no sixes challenge by one hole both my Friday fourball and my Saturday match. The Friday one was a hole I picked up on ... I would have easily made an 8 if I had finished. On Saturday, my 6 was a hole I hit a poor drive on, but got onto the green for a par putt. Which was probably 60 feet away from the hole. So I 3 putted, which isn't awful from that distance. But, it was still an ugly 3 putt because I was nowhere near the hole after the first putt. I came up probably 15 feet short. Bleh.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Avoided making a 6 my previous two rounds. Didn't do it today but still shot 69 ;-) Hit it OB on a par 5 and made double, only over par hole of the day.

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram